(Topic ID: 325622)

Layouts that are simply fun to shoot.

By coasterguy

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4F09BFC1-194D-4C4B-A502-2E5C5835F367 (resized).jpeg
    3-40 (resized).jpg
    CE8F9308-7156-496E-9246-5658613CF819 (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

Forget about art, rules, modes, themes, pricing or looks. Share what pins you think just shoot fun PERIOD!

At first thought I think of AIQ premium.

Just fun and flowy with crazy combos. I even like it more than Godzilla.
    Anyone?

CE8F9308-7156-496E-9246-5658613CF819 (resized).jpegCE8F9308-7156-496E-9246-5658613CF819 (resized).jpeg
    #2 1 year ago

#Dialed-In

Every shot is butter. I've yet to play a game with a better layout and better feeling shots in pinball.

It's too bad about the scoring, rules, flipper feel, music, etc.

#3 1 year ago

I love to bash the targets on Pinbot/Jackbot. If I have a ton of them unlit, then do bank shots off the right bank into the top bank, or if only a few unlit then go for them directly. It's simply fun to me to hammer the hell out of those things. Not the usual deal where you hit a target once and you're done, you need to keep doing it to complete the matrix.

#4 1 year ago

Fan layout is great for speed and combos. AFM & Stranger Things come to mind.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Dialed In
    Every shot is butter. I've yet to play a game with a better layout and better feeling shots in pinball.

I very much agree with that

#6 1 year ago

Tron and Stern Spider-Man come to mind.

#7 1 year ago

I pretty much think all pinballs are fun to shoot. Of course, if we are talking about the best...it depends if you are looking for flow, satisfying shots, number of shots, difficulty of shots, or what shots eventually 'open up' mechs/toys on the playfield.

#8 1 year ago

A game with lots of drop targets. Even a crap player can get some satisfaction from knocking down targets.

#9 1 year ago

Metallica is just so well designed, majority of shots can be hit with both flippers, and gettin in a left ramp right ramp groove is very fun. Plus, the best callouts in pinball

#10 1 year ago

I really enjoy the stern Star Trek layout. My favorite

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I really enjoy the stern Star Trek layout. My favorite

Was gonna say ST, esp the Pro is the most fun layout to shoot.

#12 1 year ago

I like El Dorado. 15 drops of shootin' fun and 4 flippers too. Of course, the flippers have to be strong enough to get all the way to the top so it's a good candidate for PBR's upgraded coils (at least for the lower ones).

3-40 (resized).jpg3-40 (resized).jpg
    #13 1 year ago

Funny you post El Dorado. I just finished my 2+ year restore on my Solar City today. What an ingenious layout!

4F09BFC1-194D-4C4B-A502-2E5C5835F367 (resized).jpeg4F09BFC1-194D-4C4B-A502-2E5C5835F367 (resized).jpeg

#14 1 year ago

I came here to say Avengers IQ but you already said it! First time I played AIQ was on an LE and game one I had the biggest smile on my face. Had absolutely no clue what I was doing, was just totally wowed by the layout and shots. I know the code is very polarizing (for good reason) but the more I learned it the more fun the layout became. I heard Elwin on a podcast say he thinks it’s his best layout, hard to disagree.

And I always have to go back to Medieval Madness. I’ve owned mine for 20+ years, every time I think of selling it I get the urge to play it again. Family favorite as well, the layout is just so packed with fun and rewarding shots.

#15 1 year ago

Revving the rpm on getaway is always good ‘go-to’ fun. I love getting into a rhythm of hitting repeated orbit loops

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Dialed In

First two mentions is where I was going to go. Dialed in layout is awesome and so is AIQ. both shoot great! Have owned AIQ twice and Dialed In LE is probably here forever

#17 1 year ago

I played all of Elwins pins without any knowledge of their rules. AIQ was my favorite because of how good the shots felt. Drops are awesome, I love my Maverick. The speed on SW Pro is insane. Those are some of my favorites.

#18 1 year ago

Too many to pick, Dialed In! is fantastic, AFM, ST, Tron, and Iron Man.

But I have to single out Met (I have the pro) the metal ramps, captive ball, inline drops, snake and loops are all very well placed.

#19 1 year ago

BKSOR!!!

#20 1 year ago

Congo is the most fun to shoot imo. All the modes are fun and unique. Even the skill shots are great fun. You even have a mode to get as many skill shots as you can within a time limit.

#21 1 year ago

Stern Star Wars is just super satisfying. Those ramps *chef's kiss*

The Jurassic Park Home Edition (JDJP FTW) is amazing. Hitting that jump ramp over and over again never gets old, and the Stegosaurus O Ramp is super satisfying as well.

#22 1 year ago

All good choices
    I’m definitely more a ramp and flow guy than a drop target guy. I love combos.
    I have JP premium and the combo for the skill shots are amazing (because of the amazing layout)

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

A game with lots of drop targets. Even a crap player can get some satisfaction from knocking down targets.

My fave is the drop banks on Fast Draw/Quick Draw. Ed Krynski totally nailed the difficulty factor and the angles from the flippers. On each bank the top target, yeah I can usually hit it pretty easily. Then they get harder and harder as you move down until you get to the bottom one which is simply murder, I can never master it. They say you should avoid shooting them at all and just try to keep the ball at the top of the playfield because of drains but I just can't resist going for them especially when a lot of them have already been dropped just from the ball flying around.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/layouts-that-are-simply-fun-to-shoot?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.