• Latest reply 11 years ago by ozno
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sandra.jpg
1zmdtlc.jpg
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

http://i48.tinypic.com/1zmdtlc.jpg

Looks lovely. So vibrant.

But where are the signatures?

1zmdtlc.jpg1zmdtlc.jpg

#2 11 years ago

cool!!
is this official?

#3 11 years ago

Looks pretty cool.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

cool!!
is this official?

Officially photoshopped

What do you guys think about the flying monkey on the back wall?

I'm thinking that the VUK shown in the picture to take the ball to the upper playfield will be removed in favor of the monkey mech....

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

hassanchop said:cool!!
is this official?
Officially photoshopped
What do you guys think about the flying monkey on the back wall?
I'm thinking that the VUK shown in the picture to take the ball to the upper playfield will be removed in favor of the monkey mech....

I believe that the VUK will be to get the ball up when you have taken down the Winkie Guard drop target. The monkey will grab the ball at certain times in the gameplay and take it to the witches castle separate from the VUK.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

They won't remove the VUK, it performs a different purpose from the Flying Monkey. The Flying Monkey takes Dorothy and puts her in the castle (ball lock). The VUK takes the rescuer to the upper playfield to try and bash down the castle doors and rescue Dorothy.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I believe that the VUK will be to get the ball up when you have taken down the Winkie Guard drop target. The monkey will grab the ball at certain times in the gameplay and take it to the witches castle separate from the VUK.

Quoted from stangbat:

They won't remove the VUK, it performs a different purpose from the Flying Monkey. The Flying Monkey takes Dorothy and puts her in the castle (ball lock). The VUK takes the rescuer to the upper playfield to try and bash down the castle doors and rescue Dorothy.

Nice..... Good observations

#8 11 years ago

good job!

#9 11 years ago

It's gonna be nice when it's complete.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

cool!!
is this official?

Not quite. Pinpeet did it but with assistance (some additional art assets) from Jack.

#11 11 years ago

I am starting to see from the parts that have been released that the gameplay is going to follow the movie as if you are in the adventure similar to how LOTR follows the story so well.

Also, I must say, this photoshop looks really good and still does not even show the 3D plastics, toys, and graphics for the surroundings.

#12 11 years ago

OMG!!! That looks so cool! I want it already

#13 11 years ago

Isn't the apron going to be black metal or plastic?

#14 11 years ago

It is indeed looking sweet. I have a feeling that the castle is going to be ultra cool.

#15 11 years ago

I can not wait to see the real thing

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Nope, art screened on wood like the main and mini playfields.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

No, the apron is wood.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

It is indeed looking sweet. I have a feeling that the castle is going to be ultra cool.

I agree. This game is looking better and better every time we see it. And at this point none of what we have been shown includes the lighting effects. Imagine what it will be like with all those inserts fired up!

The witch's castle is something Jack has not shared much of - just the doors, I think.

#19 11 years ago

I thought someone mentioned the wood was a signature plaque that looks like an apron. That sucks. It's going to look like a piece of furniture when it's done. Overkill with the wood. I'll probably swap out the apron. I stopped following the updates. It's dragging. I just want to see the finished product. I'll have to go back and read up. Thx

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Tommi_Gunn said:Isn't the apron going to be black metal or plastic?
No, the apron is wood.

No, Jack confirmed the Apron is metal and the "apron topper" with the signatures will be wood. If Peter did that mock up with Jack's permission i would guess that apron is the metal apron and most likely looks like what it will look like.

Makes sense when you think about it.. wood getting hit with pinballs? Unless you used metal ball guide rails everywhere you would get dents along the outlane and really doesn't serve much purpose be constructed entirely of wood anyway.

#21 11 years ago

I don't know why I always think of this when I see WOZ playfield

sandra.jpgsandra.jpg

#22 11 years ago

Looking good...!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I don't know why I always think of this when I see WOZ playfield

Attachments sandra.jpg (154.5 KB, 0 downloads) 35 minutes old

Good point. Looks very similar.

#24 11 years ago

all I saw was boobies
I like boobies
we need more boobies

#25 11 years ago

You cant say flying monkeys they are winged monkeys!

#26 11 years ago

lol there could be an XXX witch mode... Either way this going to be interesting to play. Just hope its reliable!!!

#27 11 years ago

Thank you for keeping these mock ups going for us.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

You cant say flying monkeys they are winged monkeys!

"Fly my pretties fly"

#29 11 years ago

Makes me more excited for WOZ to come out.

#30 11 years ago

This is the best mock up i have seen, G D it i want to play this soo bad.

#31 11 years ago

Thanks guys. A pleasure to make it again.

I received additional materials to create this mock-up. The apron without signatures. The trees are the final versions, as wel as the art and mini playfields. I had to adjust a lot due to the different angles the photos are made in. So the right mini playfield is a bit distorted and the house came from another source released long time ago.

The final table will probably look much better then my impression!
Hope you enjoy it and it gives you a better look and feel.

Dream on
-Peter

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Thanks guys. A pleasure to make it again.
I received additional materials to create this mock-up. The apron without signatures. The trees are the final versions, as wel as the art and mini playfields. I had to adjust a lot due to the different angles the photos are made. So the right mini playfield is a bit distorted and the house came from another source release long time ago.
The final table will probably look much better then my impression!
Hope you enjoy it and it gives you a better look and feel.
Dream on
-Peter

Thanks Peter. I was just curious, why are the wire not lined up with the flipper inlanes but they do appear to be lined up with the upper playfields? Was it just a case of different scales?

#33 11 years ago

soo.. does anyone know where that melting witch is going to go on this pf?

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

soo.. does anyone know where that melting witch is going to go on this pf?

Yes, the big black spot underneath the left upper playfield.

Also, the trees will likely have lighted effects. The Throne room will likely have a Wizard(many months ago JJP had shown a laser etched rectangular wizard feature that would probably light up).
There will be some sort of molded plastic at the front of the upper right playfield.
There will be some decorations on the upper left playfield that have not been released yet.
The flying monkey toy and the backboard art/features have not been released yet except that they have shown in the past the actual mechanism used for the monkey.
Also, the real crystal ball has still not been shown.

#35 11 years ago

it did look like it could go over there.. but isn't that head a little big for that small spot? I guess we'll all know in about a month or less.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

it did look like it could go over there.. but isn't that head a little big for that small spot? I guess we'll all know in about a month or less.

The space in that location was a problem, but they worked it out. Jack said that the Mechanical Engineer first came up with a mechanical device for the witch that would only allow for a flat witch such as a plate with decal, and Jack and the team said go back and design it for a witch toy so he did. That took much longer than the team had anticipated and cost a lot of extra money, but they wanted it to be what they had envisioned. I am sure it will be a really cool toy which will have magnets at the bottom.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Thanks Peter. I was just curious, why are the wire not lined up with the flipper inlanes but they do appear to be lined up with the upper playfields? Was it just a case of different scales?

The playfield was released somewhere in August 2011 had bigger kickers. Adjusting the lanes and wire would distort other area's. I just kept it like it is as much as possible. Just look at it as an artist impression. Final version will look better.

I left the Witch out. There is a small image released of her but from another angle. Not usable for this image. It was still 'work in progress'. Better to leave it out of the impression so you can imagine your own witch. Maybe you have someone you could use to visualize her

#38 11 years ago

Great job Pete....can't wait to play the real thing!

Maybe I can get my kids loving it....

#39 11 years ago

I really hope they stick with the orange and black color scheme on the upper left playfield/witch's castle. That looks great (like Halloween colors).

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I really hope they stick with the orange and black color scheme on the upper left playfield/witch's castle. That looks great (like Halloween colors).

Peter said the art is final. Is the metal apron the same with both versions and the option of the wooden topper being the only difference with the LEs?

#41 11 years ago

This is a criticism of ME! The only thing that scares me is that i am ramp fan, over and over ala T2 and TS. I don't see that type of flow and i worry about my stubborness turning me away from loving the game.

#42 11 years ago

With so much to do on this game how could you possibly get bored?

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

With so much to do on this game how could you possibly get bored?

NO, not bored. But, I got discouraged with BDK for example, having only one ramp. It doesn't mean I was bored, though. It just didn't follow my best idea of a fun pin. Remember, I am critiquing me, though? I think it will be an all new experience and should/probably will be like no game I have ever played. I am SO stoked for them to arrive.

This is an opportunity to rip ME apart, not the game.

#45 11 years ago

Peter, awesome job on this mock up. I do not use photoshop so I am not familiar with how it works but after reading your description on the witch and why you could not use her, it makes me appreciate these mock-ups even more. It must be a hours and hours of work to put all these elements together and get the scale and angles correct.

Again Thanks for a beautiful piece of art.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

DCFAN said:

Peter said the art is final. Is the metal apron the same with both versions and the option of the wooden topper being the only difference with the LEs?

Oh sorry, to clarify, I was referring to the flipper and rubber colors. I hope those stay the same as shown to match the artwork.

#47 11 years ago

Really looking good. Where is the witch they showed us a couple of weeks ago? Can you add it?

Jim

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Really looking good. Where is the witch they showed us a couple of weeks ago? Can you add it?
Jim

They have not shown enough of the final witch to put it in the mock-up. The witch that they showed was just a little glimpse into the design, but was lacking a lot of the details including the clear cylinder, and possibly a reveal feature.

#49 11 years ago

I was at Allentown and hear they may start shipping soon ie meaning less than a month away.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I was at Allentown and hear they may start shipping soon ie meaning less than a month away.

Jack is indicating as soon as July 15 for the first delivered games to arrive at homes.
I think they want to have the test games on location for about a month before shipping to buyers.
Also, Jack indicated that he had a big vacation trip planned and did not want to ship until he got back from the vacation. I believe the vacation is during the test game period so that should not hold up shipping at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.50
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/latest-woz-mockup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.