Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ChadTower
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have 1.3 software now and saw that there was a 1.4. Is that the latest software? If so, is it worth updating? I have been having some sound issues every now and then. Wondering if the update would help. Also, where do you get the software. I saw the site planetary pinball and was wondering after downloading the manager which software do I download? Is it PUB update file or the Program and sound file? Thanks for any help!!! Tom

#2 7 years ago

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/tech/pin2000/index.html you need to download the update manager Then you download the Program and Sound update for 1.4 the PUB is for a device just created for operators to update many games quickly.... Its not a part you get with the game, and no reason to purchase it.

Revision history
Updated to latest operating system.
Enhanced coin/bill handling and credit system.
Added tournament mode fix for exploiting ramp shots.

#3 7 years ago

So, really, unless you use tournament mode or have the game on location 1.4 doesn't matter.

#4 7 years ago

The big one is updated to latest operating system... what does that do?

#5 7 years ago

Best guess is test modes and adjustments, and given the fact that it was the last update, network drivers.

#6 7 years ago

Are you guys saying to download to 1.4 from 1.3 or it is not worth it? Thanks Guys!

#7 7 years ago

No update can save this one Lucas screwed the pooch with his micro management.

#8 7 years ago

If you are having intermittent sound problems with your Star Wars Episode I or Revenge From Mars pinball machine a faulty H-22978 harness may be the culprit.

These NOS harnesses are surplus from the original manufacturer, so when they are gone they are gone.

Williams/Bally reference #H-22978.

I have one of these I'll ship it for $6.00 - might solve your problem. They sell them on pinball life. I got mine from them but just sold my game. PM me for info.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Are you guys saying to download to 1.4 from 1.3 or it is not worth it? Thanks Guys!

May as well do it, you know it's stable, just know that it's not going to give you any new gameplay features.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PCB Emporium
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tallahassee, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wheaton, IL

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside