(Topic ID: 246519)

Latest pinball repair and maintenance gadgets I picked up

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG
    2307C92D-21C7-4857-954C-8460D7EFD57A (resized).png
    0703191631 (resized).jpg
    0703191621 (resized).jpg
    0703191631a (resized).jpg
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

$60 for this chest a home depot. I was trying to find a medical cart with a bunch of drawers (and really stable) but they are really expensive. This guy was like $70 and I used a Lowes 10% off coupon (yeah, you can do that!... get 'em on ebay for $1). Has a power strip, peg board back, etc. It's thin and cheap but quite sturdy for the price and perfect size to wheel around the house and store away when done. Now I can centralize my crap. Also got some drawer units (for screws and stuff) to go under it or I might bolt them to the side.

0703191631 (resized).jpg0703191631 (resized).jpg

The home depot bozos put the swivel casters on diagonally opposite corners... doh. No wonder it didn't roll very well to the car. Fixed.

0703191621 (resized).jpg0703191621 (resized).jpg

This little guy is a bluetooth enabled level cube. Works standalone, zeros to any surface (so you can level to your floor) and the app on your phone is a remote screen (so you can view while under the game) AND it does audio callouts when the angle changes so you can just LISTEN to it. OMG can't wait to level games.

0703191631a (resized).jpg0703191631a (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

2nd photo... thought it was dead, already.

#3 4 years ago

HAHA... it had some deformities but a quick surgery fixed it!

#4 4 years ago

This should be in tool section of shit you do not need!!

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

This should be in tool section of shit you do not need!!

Which thing? If you're talking about the level, it is a game changer.

#6 4 years ago

the other shit.

#7 4 years ago

The level too.

#8 4 years ago

The other shit was just a toolbox, you don't store your shit anywhere?

You sound like fun at parties.

#9 4 years ago

Again, its all shit you don't need. even the game changer. You get a tool box anywhere.

#10 4 years ago

I'm not good at parties.

#11 4 years ago

I take everything back. You are the leaf switch microswitch guy. Genius.

#12 4 years ago

Well this is escalating quickly. Lol

#13 4 years ago

surrender

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

The other shit was just a toolbox, you don't store your shit anywhere?
    You sound like fun at parties.

Someone’s drinking and pinsiding

Cool cart. I have a smaller one that I use when I’m shopping out games but this one is way better.

#15 4 years ago

I guess the cart helps when your putting rubber on a game.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

I guess the cart helps when your putting rubber on a game.

You're.

I think YOUR just trolling now but I have a shit ton of tools and parts and crap specific to pinball all over the place and this will be a great place to store and move it around. A great platform for soldering on, has a power strip and USB plugs. I mean, if you can't see how this comes in to play I think you might have other issues.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

Again, its all shit you don't need. even the game changer. You get a tool box anywhere.

So do you need a toolbox that you can get anywhere? Or is that something you don't need? I'm confused. I feel like a level is somewhat necessary as well, but I guess maybe you enjoy getting up from under the game, checking the level, getting back under, rinse repeat.

#18 4 years ago

Ok, does a gyroscopically controlled electric screwdriver do it for you jj44114 ?

#19 4 years ago

What is happening in this thread

#21 4 years ago

Great investment!

2307C92D-21C7-4857-954C-8460D7EFD57A (resized).png2307C92D-21C7-4857-954C-8460D7EFD57A (resized).png
    #22 4 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

What is happening in this thread

I blame alcohol.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Great investment![quoted image]

I have acro bins in my shop, big ol workbench, etc. but I've been doing a ton of work in my house now (it's a bit of a walk to the shop) because all the machines are there. So I wanted something portable, pinball specific, etc. I bought some acro "drawers" that I'm going to bolt on the side for screws and switches and such.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Great investment![quoted image]

Good recommendation. I’m probably going to wind up buying this. I need some general parts bins for common parts like rubbers, coil sleeves etc so they are all in one easily accessible yet mobile place.

#25 4 years ago

Which thing? If you're talking about the level, it is a game changer.

Well I'll give you a thumbs up for the level. I'll have to get one of these.

I currently use a Craftsman digital level. No Bluetooth. No audio callouts. No app. Pain in the ass to crawl out from under the game to check every adjustment.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Well I'll give you a thumbs up for the level. I'll have to get one of these.
    I currently use a Craftsman digital level. No Bluetooth. No audio callouts. No app. Pain in the ass to crawl out from under the game to check every adjustment.

Woot!

#27 4 years ago

Do you have a link and/or model # for that level? Looks pretty cool.

#29 4 years ago

$60 for this chest a home depot. I was trying to find a medical cart with a bunch of drawers (and really stable) but they are really expensive.

Unless you work in healthcare and they are throwing them out =)

I have two med carts in the shop, they work awesome and roll like butter.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Unless you work in healthcare and they are throwing them out =)
    I have two med carts in the shop, they work awesome and roll like butter.

I got one that way, hospital thru it out works great.

#32 4 years ago

looks pretty cool to me
    prob cost twice the price here in UK!

#33 4 years ago

Ok, does a gyroscopically controlled electric screwdriver do it for you jj44114 ?

No. I’m the the guy that sent you the single pop bumper screw that no one else would bother with. A simple thank you when you received it would have been nice.

#34 4 years ago

Too cheap to buy bumper screws, piss it it away on toolboxes and gadgets you probably use once.

#35 4 years ago

Man, you're quite the generous fella. I'll send the screw back. Thanks for shitting on my purchases.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#36 4 years ago

Sorry my mistake. Keep the screw.

#37 4 years ago

But shitting on what purchases?

#38 4 years ago

I get it. You only needed one screw because it was missing from your Pinball machine. I don’t understand the purchases your talking about.

#40 4 years ago

WTH.

Back in topic. I use the pinguy app, works great and saves a ton of time.

#41 4 years ago

This thread got weird...

#42 4 years ago

What a strange thread. It's like I'm going through all the stages of grief in just a few short posts. I think I'm currently somewhere between depression and acceptance.

BTW, I've got a similar Harbor Freight cart that I use for my pinball tools but yours looks good as well. Like the level too.

#43 4 years ago

No idea what is up with @jj44114

#44 4 years ago

I plan to eventually upgrade my bench by using 2 of these as cabinets with a work surface spanning across the top.

Do they make a version with just a bunch of drawers instead of the 1 drawer and cabinet?

#46 4 years ago

I think this one was "on special" as it was really cheap. Likely why it's out of stock. Between Home Depot and lowes there are some options for drawers but they were quite a bit more. I opted to get some Akro bins and drawers to add on to it so I could sort of customize and have screw/parts storage. The only downside is these drawers easily slide out. I am going to have to figure out some sort of latching/locking/retainer solution because the cart vibrates a lot when moving it around. I'm also gonna get some magnetic "holders" for various tools and such to attach to it.

2 weeks later
    #47 4 years ago

I'm back!

On the right side, under the power strip built in, I added two of the cheapest metal baskets from Amazon. One long, one short to fit. Charging contraptions and power tools plop right in the baskets. On the left side I added the only compact organizer for parts I could find where the drawers didn't just flop open on their own. These actually have a catch to keep them from dumping out all over the place. Working on the labeling but it's for all the various parts.. switches, diodes, screws, etc. Bolted the stuff to both sides. Got a little "shelf" for inside to expand the storage to two levels, just some generic wire shelf thingy for cabinets on Amazon

Now I finally have a place to put all the stickers that various parts places send me.

I call it my pinball crash cart.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#48 4 years ago

Pro-tip: attach your parts drawers so the bottom of the cabinet sticks out about 1/4" - 1/2", so its leaning back just a speck. Those drawers are going to come open from the vibration when you start wheeling it around.

#49 4 years ago

One of these days you've got to stop by Welby's at Olympia Rare Coins and check out the goodies we have.

#50 4 years ago

No idea what is up with @jj44114

He's an ass. Or he's just jealous that you have a nice tool box and he doesn't.

Makes me wonder what he would have charged you for the screw had you had paid him.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/latest-pinball-repair-and-maintenance-gadgets-i-picked-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.