572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
DE2735E0-923D-4306-A056-297DE3E3AF79_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
0DDCCCB0-A9BA-426F-A464-3295109429D1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
CC06E406-78AE-4D6B-A9B8-2B461AC9EB9E_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
8FAD9C28-1BD4-4DEB-9C03-7095A811E94E_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
00DE91BD-8476-4E0C-A3C7-A95C8804A4AB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
3298AC55-47D9-4002-AB85-E86BF1D436DF_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
AABC9D9B-6955-44CA-8AA2-8ED2F0C215B7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
Centre Cabinet Jack Kit - r1 Manual.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_2484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-03-07 at 7.07.27 am (resized).png
There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 4 years ago

https://swinks.com.au/

I have been developing and releasing pinball reproduction parts and pinball mods for a few years now which are basically scattered around in multiple threads on pinside and a few other forums, which are now hard to find if you don't know they are there so I thought I would release everything in one thread that people can check out with a little index on this first post to help people.

Most of my parts are available directly from Shapeways which is based in The Netherlands and the US so will suit most pinball people with affordable postage.

I have a website now up and running but is a little unique in that it is more of a index of where to find the parts based on:
- EM Games
- SS Games
- DMD Games
- LCD Games
in order of generic reproduction parts as well as specific game parts (in alphabetical order).

There are some other items there as well as a small range of t-shirts which are available via RedBubble which are based in Europe, US and Australia keeping costs down for everyone.

Lastly I have some downloadable Manuals, Art files and soon some STL & CAD files and I will continue to post new items that are being released once they are ready.

So please check out my website as there could be something there that you have been hunting for.

#2 4 years ago

Good Luck!

#3 4 years ago

Swinks is one of the guys you can rely on and trust when transacting with in the Aussie pinball scene.

#4 4 years ago

Dude I love it.
You should mention on website and here what SWINKS stands for.
Well done my briney brother.
Photo for attention.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Dude I love it.
You should mention on website and here what SWINKS stands for.
Well done my briney brother.
Photo for attention.[quoted image]

thats a nice photo

#6 4 years ago

Swinks = was my nick name since a 6 year old with all the mates in my local street - every kid had a shortened name - first or last and mine was my last name

but since registering the name I came up with my little slogan

Surfing Waves In Natures Kind Seas

or

Surfing Waves in Natures Killer Seas

#7 4 years ago

Nice one Swinks!

#8 4 years ago

just finished the 3d models for the Classic Stern Bumper plastic parts, will test print at home tomorrow and then test print from Shapeways and then if good make available.

Classic Stern (resized).pngClassic Stern (resized).pngstn-thumberplastic (resized).jpgstn-thumberplastic (resized).jpg
#9 4 years ago

You’re welcome for the scan too. Sorry it’s not straight. I’ll redo that page if you like

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

You’re welcome for the scan too. Sorry it’s not straight. I’ll redo that page if you like

tough one to find, and found it at PBR so it must of done the rounds, the above is fine

#11 4 years ago

Can have the whole file if you like. I gave it to someone who put it on pinwiki

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Can have the whole file if you like. I gave it to someone who put it on pinwiki

I only saw the 1979 Stern Parts catalog on pinwiki. There is only a picture of the front cover of the 1981 parts catalog posted there.

#13 4 years ago

would you like the file too ken?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

would you like the file too ken?

Yes please.

#15 4 years ago

test printed and everything interchanges nicely and is the correct size

lhs - NOS parts
rhs - home printed samples
IMG_2148 (resized).JPGIMG_2148 (resized).JPG

Here are the original reverse engineered parts
Classic Stern Bumper (resized).pngClassic Stern Bumper (resized).png

and here is the original reverse engineered parts BUT what I call with a Upgraded Rod and ring part - I basically filled in the ribbing in the ring so it was flat for some added strength as now effectively thicker.
Classic Stern Bumper U (resized).pngClassic Stern Bumper U (resized).png

I will prep the parts and make available soon.

#16 4 years ago

Swinks is one of the best dudes ever in this hobby and he makes killer products!!!

#17 4 years ago

here is the link to the Classic Stern Bumper parts in which I made them available individually as well as a 3 in 1 kit that you can cut and trim 4 small linking posts. The kit reduces the costs as Shapeways charges a handling fee as part of each individual part - so merging the 3 reduces the costs a little.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkscs&sort=newest

or

https://swinks.com.au/ss-parts

this is where the min posts are cut - though when you get the product the mini posts will be the same colour as the rest of the parts.

3 piece kit trim (resized).png3 piece kit trim (resized).png
CS parts (resized).pngCS parts (resized).png

#18 4 years ago

Great to hear this SWINKS. I have a few of your designs or products and they’re really nice. Not like some of the junk others put out.

#19 4 years ago

Did 2 new t-shirts and hoping for a Cyber Weekend sale this weekend

Black and white design print options
https://swinks.com.au/pinball-t-shirts

"Life is dead without pinball in it"

screen-capture-4 (resized).pngscreen-capture-4 (resized).png
#20 4 years ago

T-shirt SALE - 25% off with code - CLOTHING25

limited time - active now

https://swinks.com.au/surfing-t-shirts

screen-capture-10 (resized).pngscreen-capture-10 (resized).pngscreen-capture-9 (resized).pngscreen-capture-9 (resized).png Added over 4 years ago:

Redbubble changed their codes and still 25% discount on shirts and I have updated my website.
Code is now CYBERDEALS.

No news on Shapeways yet.

#21 4 years ago

2 new shirts added

screen-capture-12 copy 3 (resized).pngscreen-capture-12 copy 3 (resized).pngscreen-capture-13 copy 5 (resized).pngscreen-capture-13 copy 5 (resized).png
#22 4 years ago

https://swinks.com.au/surfing-t-shirts

Redbubble changed their codes and still 25% discount on shirts and I have updated my website.

Code is now CYBERDEALS.

No news on Shapeways yet.

#23 4 years ago

Snackbar Mod v4 - Update

Unfortunately my top of the lighting option can not be run off socket power so after hunting through my spares I found a new power tap to get 5vdc for the RGB lighting from Kimball's Pinball (DK Custom Pinball brand)

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/dk-pinball/

and got a chance to add the RGB lighting effect to the Neon in the Snackbar Mod v4 which as a concept looks awesome. The downside is I wanted to keep it simpler with just connecting to playfield lighting socket but no such luck as all GI and lights that stay on for a while are 5vac and all flashing lights are 6.3vdc unless I missed something.

For the v4 mod I will have to work out a price for this lighting option and there is no reason why the guys with a Snackbar v2 & v3 could add this to their game as well - I will create a small manual soon.

#24 4 years ago

sorry for the late notice, Shapeways just released 10% off most products / printing so most pinball parts will be with a 10% discount - Code = CYBERMON

just until the end of 2nd Dec and last day for 25% discount on t-shirts

screen-capture-8 (resized).pngscreen-capture-8 (resized).png
#25 4 years ago

Still a few hours left for 10% off pinball parts via Shapeways but head to my website to find the generic game part of a particular game part via the posters. Finishes Midnight Tuesday 3rd US Time

Code - CYBERMON
on check out

2 weeks later
#26 4 years ago

The Classic Stern Pop Bumper parts arrived and they cross fit with each other and measure up the same as the originals. A massive thankyou to dothedoo for loaning me the parts to make this possible.

this is how the set comes joined together, when you remove the little sprue's there is a small white dot but the parts are not seen so not an issue.
IMG_2301 (resized).jpgIMG_2301 (resized).jpg

the parts cross fit nicely showing
IMG_2303 (resized).JPGIMG_2303 (resized).JPG

complete blue repro set and original NOS set
IMG_2304 (resized).JPGIMG_2304 (resized).JPG

#27 4 years ago

a big thanks to pinballinreno as well as eyeamred2u for trusting me and purchasing the the opto carrier for their Doctor Who and so far these guys are very happy and has solved alot of the warping and IR LED issues because of the new combined light barriers / strengtheners, in which this is available in a few different colours
doctor who opto carrier (resized).jpgdoctor who opto carrier (resized).jpgwho 3 (resized).jpgwho 3 (resized).jpgwho2 (resized).jpgwho2 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#28 4 years ago

Hey guys, a generous pinsider loaned me his carrier bracket so I could measure up and make this part available once again.

Here is the repro version (though a little bit of guess work around the ball as the one sent to me has been fixed - sort of) and I also want to do a upgraded beefed up version of this bracket near the ball to fill that section up to the notched section near the ball - Is this doable or does something fill this channel like part of the assembly, wires etc? I want to beef it up as I have seen many failing around there and this upgrade should ensure the part will last for a long time.

Please share any feedback
banzai-9thJan-1 (resized).pngbanzai-9thJan-1 (resized).pngbanzai-9thJan-2 (resized).pngbanzai-9thJan-2 (resized).png

4 weeks later
#29 4 years ago

Just letting people know if they need a unobtainable part that I have finished off another one and tested well and ready for those that need one.

This part is the Banzai Run Ball Lifter

Thanks to a Canadian Pinsider for trusting me and taking the risk to send me his part out of his game to the other side of the world.

The tested one is the upgraded, beefed up section version which proves the wiring passes through while being more stronger and hopefully will last a long long time.

These are available here at Shapeways at the moment and you can choose a different coloured version.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinksbanzai

All my reproduction parts can be found here pinball:
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksreproduction&sort=newest

Or check out my website for parts by general or by game:

banzai run ball lifter (resized).jpgbanzai run ball lifter (resized).jpg
1 week later
#30 4 years ago

Over the last few months I have helped an aussie homebrew pinhead with a mech for his new homebrew game - Get Smart. He drew up some concepts and I drew up the models for 3d printing and it works nicely and will be a sweet mech / feature in the game.

screen-capture-5 (resized).pngscreen-capture-5 (resized).png

It is the well known Cone of Silence in which the final version will be a clear plastic but this is the proof of concept. Two balls are shot to saucers of sorts, the cone of silence is lowered over the balls (Max and Chief), mission issued and then the cone of silence lifts up and rotates 90 degrees and drops the balls on to 2 ramps.

1 month later
#31 4 years ago

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to update you on my most recent experience with a Swinks Mod.

Money doesn't come easy for all of us, especially at the moment.

We purchased a Creature From The Black Lagoon Snackbar MOD v4 for $491. It was very expensive however loved the innovation and decided we had to have it. After purchasing it, it arrived and the product was decently manufactured and simple to install.

However, it did not include 5v/12v power tap that was essential for the mod to work. This is very disappointing, spending almost $500 AUD on a mod that doesn't work/or come equipped to work.

I was informed from Swinks that this power tap was needed for it to work by Swinks prior to purchasing, and it also said on in the installation guide. We didn't ask questions and thought we could easily pick one up locally, from an Australian pinball website (RTBB.com etc) or Jaycar etc. Didn't think it would be a MAJOR issue. Looking into acquiring the power tap, it was only available from international websites. a $10 USD part and $40 USD for shipping (from somebody he recommended) I even posted a WANTED add on pinside it was that expensive and hard to find. It ended up costing us $75 AUD (after delivery costs). Furthermore, I now have to wait additional time to see the mod at work.

I would strongly recommend buying a few of these at once Swinks and including them with the sale of your mods mate, even if you charge $500 instead of $491 to save everyone the headache that we went through.

Looking forward to finally seeing it light up.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from rmerlo88:

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to update you on my most recent experience with a Swinks Mod.
Money doesn't come easy for all of us, especially at the moment.
We purchased a Creature From The Black Lagoon Snackbar MOD v4 for $491. It was very expensive however loved the innovation and decided we had to have it. After purchasing it, it arrived and the product was decently manufactured and simple to install.
However, it did not include 5v/12v power tap that was essential for the mod to work. This is very disappointing, spending almost $500 AUD on a mod that doesn't work/or come equipped to work.
I was informed from Swinks that this power tap was needed for it to work by Swinks prior to purchasing, and it also said on in the installation guide. We didn't ask questions and thought we could easily pick one up locally, from an Australian pinball website (RTBB.com etc) or Jaycar etc. Didn't think it would be a MAJOR issue. Looking into acquiring the power tap, it was only available from international websites. a $10 USD part and $40 USD for shipping (from somebody he recommended) I even posted a WANTED add on pinside it was that expensive and hard to find. It ended up costing us $75 AUD (after delivery costs). Furthermore, I now have to wait additional time to see the mod at work.
I would strongly recommend buying a few of these at once Swinks and including them with the sale of your mods mate, even if you charge $500 instead of $491 to save everyone the headache that we went through.
Looking forward to finally seeing it light up.

I am sorry you experienced the stressful side of this and I don't believe that I have dealt with you rather your partner blaise08 who I tried to help via Facebook. The RGB version was the top end option and since it was a small run with the RGB option it was the choice of the buyer to locate the power tap as it was limited to only 11 out of 16 Snackbar v4's made with only 2 for Australia.

Prior to any sales of the v4 I made the manual available so people could read, it was noted in the thread and I encouraged people to read the manual to be aware of locating the power tap prior to paying for the mod so it is up to the buyer to proceed and is not my mistake. I also must correct you that the sale to you as others was $397.50 AUD posted (small discount as I used a v3 SS base plate) and not the $491 that you claimed and a little offended buy the misleading info.

Ideally yes this time the mod had 3 lighting options and I normally offer no option so it was different this time around that I put some of that responsibility to the buyer to source the power tap - so I am sorry but I did provide this information prior to people purchasing.

My apologies and hope once you get the parts that you appreciate the design.
screen-capture-18 (resized).pngscreen-capture-18 (resized).png

#33 4 years ago

Hello @swinks.
Is it possible to make the Bally kicker head for the sling shot assembly?
part No. C-1062
Regards.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Hello swinks.
part No. C-1062
Regards.

mmmmm, something tells me this is already my next reproduction part, check out what I am doing this month
https://swinks.com.au/whats-new-1

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Hello swinks.
part No. C-1062
Regards.

Marco has been selling reproductions.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-1062

However, they are not as tall as the originals (and not as good).

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Marco has been selling reproductions.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-1062
However, they are not as tall as the originals (and not as good).

Yes, you are correct, and they are out of stock too.
I had to use shrink tubing and epoxy to make up the deference.
I hope swinks could make the OEM style.

#37 4 years ago

a pinsider sent me a part and the arm so will aim for a good fit

can some one measure the correct length so I can check if the one sent to me is an original

#38 4 years ago

Swinks is out here saving the day!

#39 4 years ago

I am in. Those things are impossible to get a hold of.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

a pinsider sent me a part and the arm so will aim for a good fit
can some one measure the correct length so I can check if the one sent to me is an original

OEM part:
The back side length is 0.588 of an inch,
The over all length is aprox. 0.685 of an inch.
The reproduction part is aprox. 0.109 shorter from the OEM.
The bottom is cut off short.

#41 4 years ago

Skateball Wire Gate (shooter lane and top rhs feed)

People are wanting to make there own

gate1 (resized).pnggate1 (resized).png
Skateball Gate Wire sketch (resized).pngSkateball Gate Wire sketch (resized).png

hope it helps

This is the part available at Shapeways - plastic to replicate from, steel may work but won't have any flex to install it, only meant as a template and unsure how the printing will go with a 1.4mm diameter design, but at least something
https://www.shapeways.com/product/NZZ3W6VA5/skateball-shooter-lane-gate-wire

#42 4 years ago

also designed and supplied a playfield bashable toy for the dutch homebrew crew - The Pinball Amigos for their Haunted Mansion Pinball. It is a Fireplace with a swing fire grill that will have a flickering led in the fireplace.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-crazy-mansion-by-the-pinball-amigos/page/213#post-5588068

Fireplace-1 (resized).pngFireplace-1 (resized).png
#43 4 years ago

I've run out of designs i like for shirts and jumpers at your site. i'll buy more if you do more pinball ones. Was thinking about a soccer player laying down holding his leg in a circle with a line through it and the caption 'There's no crying in pinball'.

I'd buy a couple of shirts and hoodies.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I've run out of designs i like for shirts and jumpers at your site. i'll buy more if you do more pinball ones. Was thinking about a soccer player laying down holding his leg in a circle with a line through it and the caption 'There's no crying in pinball'.
I'd buy a couple of shirts and hoodies.

I will add more soon

#45 4 years ago

Thanks mate, bought the hit and hope one for a mate of mine yesti, and bought the pingineer one for another mate a week or two ago as well as a few heartbeat ones for myself.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks mate, bought the hit and hope one for a mate of mine yesti, and bought the pingineer one for another mate a week or two ago as well as a few heartbeat ones for myself.

thanks heaps for the support, I didn't realise I sold a few as recently lost my email provider so had to set up new ones elsewhere so never got the notifications - half fixed

#47 4 years ago

No probs, good quality shirts at a reasonable price with nice designs. The hoodies are great quality too.

#48 4 years ago

Have a good Easter everyone and make sure to stay home and stay safe

easter covid (resized).jpgeaster covid (resized).jpg
#49 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

OEM part:
The back side length is 0.588 of an inch,
The over all length is aprox. 0.685 of an inch.
The reproduction part is aprox. 0.109 shorter from the OEM.
The bottom is cut off short.

Those are the part the part dimensions of the part I have so can confirm I have replicated an original - just test printing now.

C-1062 test (resized).pngC-1062 test (resized).png
#50 4 years ago

It was a great fit and uploading soon to Shapeways as a single and as a set of 2 to reduce the cost and just will require you to trim the linking branch (red part) on the set of 2.

Sample set getting made and heading off to pinsider who lent me a part allowing this to happen.

Pair of C-1062 (resized).pngPair of C-1062 (resized).png
There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/latest-pinball-parts-mods-and-shirts-by-swinks?hl=rocketfromtombs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.