test.png
proto_witch.jpg
Fof11-schizo.JPG
7.jpg
2012_Rocky_Mtn._Pinball_Show_012.JPG
2012_Rocky_Mtn._Pinball_Show_005.JPG
2012_Rocky_Mtn._Pinball_Show_010.JPG
166.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from Medieval_Gofers:

Machine looks to be coming together nicely. I have to say though I'm fed up of these minimalistic updates...I'd quite like the finished thing now...it never takes Stern this long. But then again JJP is supposedly gonna be better.

This is not an update from JJP. This was a small snippet that Pinball News released before they write their story about the Rocky Mountain pinball show presentation by Jack.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

DCFAN said:

Medieval_Gofers said:Machine looks to be coming together nicely. I have to say though I'm fed up of these minimalistic updates...I'd quite like the finished thing now...it never takes Stern this long. But then again JJP is supposedly gonna be better.
This is not an update from JJP. This was a small snippet that Pinball News released before they write their story about the Rocky Mountain pinball show presentation by Jack.
Small is right. Thats it for plastics? What about top left playfield?
Just show the machine, the design is done, right? I have no horse in the race but I'm tired as hell of all this bullshit, snippet, teaser stuff. Show it all. Showing only these meek plastics doe's nothing for the hype. This game better deliver because this bread crumb trail is long as fuck.

Once again, this was not something JJP released. I just listened to the presentation and they also showed the witch mechanism and discussed a lot of the process to designing the game and what they have had to deal with regarding the license.
They are going to have JJP owned test machines on location before Memorial day.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

kmoore88 said:They did a nice job with the purple plastics for the upper left. Surprised there weren't more plastics, not a bad thing just surprised with the minimal approach with plastics.
+1

It certainly will be interesting to see how they finish the upper playfields and their surrounding areas.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I feel I am probably in the minority on this one but I would prefer NO updates. I have felt all along like a kid peaking in his gifts at Christmas. I want it, I want it! But seriously, I would rather have the rest be a surprise.

There is still so much we have not seen so the updates are fine by me. We still have not seen much of the toys, apron, rules, surrounding art/plastics, or the lcd screen.
Also, I think it is nearly impossible to get the machine to your house before hearing about everything from somebody that gets it before you.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Methos said:

So - what is the supply going to be like once it is released? I have not ordered one and want to wait to see how the game actually plays before I purchase one. Is their production run limited?
It is a limited edition, and they have been supposedly sold out
but people keep popping up saying that they have just signed on

The combination of individuals and dealers have ordered all 1000 of the LE's. However, some of the LE's have not been purchased yet from those dealers. Jersey Jack has a sales company that has a few left as well.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

It needs more green, not enough green in this game! Load up on the green! If you guys actually have a game by Oct 2012 I'd be surprised. Almost 2 years in "production" and the game will rate under most new Sterns that's going to be the best part!

I done arguing with all the haters. As Jack has often said, the game will do the talking for itself and that will start in May on location. I am confident the comparisons to most Stern's will hardly be worth making.

I also predict that as soon as 6 to 10 different themed LCD pinball machines are produced, that is what will be most sought after with the exception of a precious dozen or so DMD pins.

#51 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Exejet said:

most 2 years in "production" and the game will rate under most new Sterns that's going to be the best part!
Which new sterns are you refering too?
Tron at 19
Transformers at 28 or
maybe AC/DC at an awesome 51
Maybe WOZ will challenge one of those great pins.

It won't take much. I even bet that the test games JJP will be putting on location next month with only partial code will be better than the Stern's that have come out since SM.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

DCFAN said:

It doesn't have to be Stern Vs JJP. Both will be producing great games. Three years from now I will still love my Tron, I will still love IM and I will still be loving my WOZ (I hope).
Pappy

Yes, I know. I was only saying that because Exejet was bashing WOZ as compared to Sterns eventhough it has not even been released yet. I was not the one that started the nonsensical argument.

#67 11 years ago

Snowdale, to answer your question, the design of the witch is finished. However, Jack said it could be two weeks before the design is approved. Thus the witch he is showing is not exactly what will be in the game and the entire game is not ready to be shown. I am sure that the witch could still be changed if Warner Brothers says it is a no go.
The test machines will be in late May and they will likely have all the visual aspects to completion.

Jack even was saying at the Rocky Mountain presentation that they will put something on the witch target area below the witch (maybe a decal?) but that feature has not been decided.

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

dannunz said:

That witch looks super cool.
I'd rather bash Optimus. MO.

Does Optimus have a strong magnet that messes with the ball in a way similar to the whirlwind spinners, but with a totally different design?

I am sorry for you that you do not appear to appreciate novel design concepts in pinball.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

DCFAN said:

Snowdale said:dannunz said:
Does Optimus have a strong magnet that messes with the ball in a way similar to the Whirlwind spinners, but with a totally different design?
I am sorry for you that you do not appear top appreciate novel design concepts in pinball.
All of a sudden magnets are novel design concepts. It's been done. A mini ramp that raises to smash a toy has never been done. Sorry.

The magnet will be novel in that it is a completely different function and implementation.
Why do you insist on making this a Stern TF vs. WOZ competition?

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

DCFAN said:

Snowdale said:DCFAN said:
Does Optimus have a strong magnet that messes with the ball in a way similar to the Whirlwind spinners, but with a totally different design?
I am sorry for you that you do not appear top appreciate novel design concepts in pinball.
All of a sudden magnets are novel design concepts. It's been done. A mini ramp that raises to smash a toy has never been done. Sorry.
The magnet will be novel in that it is a completely different function and implementation.
Has nothing to do with a company. It has everything to do with a game that I can play and have fun. I'm not trying to protect a game I've never played.

That is the whole point of this argument. You are coming on this thread bashing/mocking something you have never played or seen. Thank you.
Just chill out and wait until late May and see the test machine to make more comments. I am sure there will be a test machine fairly close to you since you are in New England.

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

DCFAN said:

Has nothing to do with a company. It has everything to do with a game that I can play and have fun. I'm not trying to protect a game I've never played.
That is the whole point of this argument. You are coming on this thread bashing/mocking something you have never played or seen. Thank you.
Just chill out and wait until late May and see the test machine to make more comments. I am sure there will be a test machine fairly close to you since you are in New England.</blockquote
OK, well take a look at the picture of my Optimus now look at the witch, now back at Optimus.
Who would you wanna hit a wall with a toy behind it or a full toy that moves becouse you hit it.

You don't even know what the finished witch is going to look like or do for that matter. Jack has said the witch will melt and the magnet will do things to the ball. There could be more to it than we know. Anyway, this is just one toy among many in WOZ. The witch is not a centerpiece singular toy for the game.
What you are doing is the equivalent of comparing a drop target in one game and comparing it to static targets in another game. They are totally different features in totally different locations in totally different games.

How are you going to compare TF toys to the flying monkey, the spinning house, or the crystal ball?

#83 11 years ago

Snowdale, you really do lack for reading comprehension. The witch is not the finished product.

#87 11 years ago

In the speech on saturday, Jack said something about a tube that the witch will be in and something about a reveal. I am not sure what exactly he meant, especially since I was only listening to an audio recording and not seeing the display as he spoke.

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

The finished witch will have arms, will 'melt' so you can only see her hat and there will also be a 'reveal' of some sort so I assume she's going to be hidden somehow at first. She will also be protected by a clear tube which will also stop the balls from getting stuck up there. It's also not available in Walmart. ; )

I hope there are arms. Did you hear that from Jack?

#118 11 years ago

Snowdale, why don't you go back to RGP where one cannot tell the difference between a fifteen year-old and a fifty year-old.

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

DCFAN, thanks for breaking the "witch will have arms" story.

It was in the WOZ newsgroup which you are not privy.

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Snowdale said:

A mini ramp that raises to smash a toy has never been done.
Oh really? Monster Bash was originally designed with a mini-ramp in front of Frank (that's why all the early playfields have springsteel on them covering nothing). Maybe that doesn't count because it didn't make production? OK, well, how about RFM? There's a mini-ramp there that bashes into many virtual toys. Of course there is a reality ramp switch that registers it. Still not real enough? How about Goldeneye, then? A miniramp into a ROTATING satellite dish, that does 2 different things: Grabs onto the ball, then later lets you knock said ball out of the dish. That's like 4x the excitement of OP!
Oh don't forget the slam ramp on NGG. That comes down, however, and doesn't pop up, so maybe that disqualifies the ramp in your mind? 5 different shots up there, though. As opposed to 1 OP.
MNF? That's through a goalpost though, not into a toy. Sorry, my bad.
Those are just the ones that rushed into my head offhand. I'm guessing there are others
No, what really would've been novel is something that, you know, transformed I think.
Snowdale said:

Sorry.
Indeed.

Awesome stuff Keefer. Thanks

#154 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

DCFAN said:

I am sorry for you that you do not appear to appreciate novel design concepts in pinball.
Kind of like what? Monger in ironman? Whiplash in ironman? Avatar? Or are we talking novel like genie in totan? Or perhaps different like Gnr, Adams family? Or more like Star Wars ep1 force?

Since I do not know the final details of the witch, I will have to let it tell it's own story when it is released. However, I am sure that JJP have not just simply copied other pinball machine's toys and mechanisms to make the witch. If they had just copied others, they would have been done a long time ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 91.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/latest-from-jjp-woz-plastics?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.