test.png
proto_witch.jpg
Fof11-schizo.JPG
7.jpg
2012_Rocky_Mtn._Pinball_Show_012.JPG
2012_Rocky_Mtn._Pinball_Show_005.JPG
2012_Rocky_Mtn._Pinball_Show_010.JPG
166.jpg
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 11 years ago

Showdale if the game is kick ass will you buy one?

#102 11 years ago

Yea, but I might need to sell TFLE. : )

But in all seriousness, If its good I'll buy the shit out of it.

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

chocky909 said:The finished witch will have arms, will 'melt' so you can only see her hat and there will also be a 'reveal' of some sort so I assume she's going to be hidden somehow at first. She will also be protected by a clear tube which will also stop the balls from getting stuck up there. It's also not available in Walmart. ; )
I hope there are arms. Did you hear that from Jack?

I asked Jack about the arms on the WOZ boards and he stated that the witch will have arms

#104 11 years ago

if WOZ is half as good as everyone on this forum and JJP thinks it is , we will have a top 20 game on our hands, i cant wait to play some!

#105 11 years ago

So nobody is going to discuss the plastics on this thread?

I can't believe no one has mentioned that plastic on the right side. Did the Wizard bombard Toto with radioactive particles that caused him to glow or what? The pic can only be zoomed so much, but from what I see it looks like something I could have done in MS paint (and I'm not very good.....at all).

As for the other plastics....the rest look fine to me. I can't say I really care for the selection on the slings or right return lane, but I can't really think of anything better to have and at least the art quality looks good. I'm also not so sure about these and the other lower, center playfield plastics being green. All other plastics seem to match their place on the playfield except for those 4. Green belongs in the top right of the playfield.

The plastics with just color and mostly design at the top of the playfield are probably my favorite of the bunch, but the Dorothy, Dorothy, Wizard plastic on the left is also very nice. I don't know if the double Dorothy was really needed, but it still looks good.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#107 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Did the Wizard bombard Toto with radioactive particles that caused him to glow or what?

ROFL - I noticed that too but what my "guess" is that it will probably have a bulb/led directly under toto that will flash/blink when you hit the TOTO rollover switches on the bottom right hand side...

#108 11 years ago

You can keep your off the shelf $12 figure and we'll have our custom sculpted mechanical toy with Addams Family style magnetic fun. I don't think we need to see the finished game to know that the build quality is much higher than TF. It's self evident. As for the game, we can only guess until we've played it. So let's just leave the arguments til then yeah?

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

You can keep your off the shelf $12 figure and we'll have our custom sculpted mechanical toy with Addams Family style magnetic fun. I don't think we need to see the finished game to know that the build quality is much higher than TF. It's self evident. As for the game, we can only guess until we've played it. So let's just leave the arguments til then yeah?

I will keep my toys. And there made by Hasbro the top toy company in the world so... You can keep your mechanical toy that has arms and moves, made by dudes who are trying to recreate the quality that B/Ws games had. Becouse they never broke. ; /

#110 11 years ago

i thought this thread was about one word...are you listening?

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

I think whacking the Optimus figure is great

You guys are arguing over who to whack off to....heheheheheh

#112 11 years ago

I'm British. Whacking isn't funny here. : )

#113 11 years ago

I'm Merican, still not funny.

#114 11 years ago

Not great quality (I'm not the best photoshopper) but you can see how they look as a whole on the playfield.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z339/Catrichor/test.png

I think the colour scheme is fantastic, just the lack of hand drawn elements disappoints me.

#118 11 years ago

Snowdale, why don't you go back to RGP where one cannot tell the difference between a fifteen year-old and a fifty year-old.

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Snowdale, why don't you go back to RGP where one cannot tell the difference between a fifteen year-old and a fifty year-old.

Let me guess, you didn't like the Data East comment.

#120 11 years ago

DCFAN, thanks for breaking the "witch will have arms" story.

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

DCFAN, thanks for breaking the "witch will have arms" story.

It was in the WOZ newsgroup which you are not privy.

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Snowdale said:DCFAN, thanks for breaking the "witch will have arms" story.
It was in the WOZ newsgroup which you are not privy.

Well thanks for the inside scoop!

#123 11 years ago

Actually I love the old data east art work real cool. GNR TFTC TOMMY all great hand drawn art.

#125 11 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Here are my impressions from meeting Jack and seeing the presentation from the front row yesterday.
Also a picture of myself and Jack,Dennis Nordman and Greg Freres-all great guys and easy to talk to and joke around with.
I was reluctant to ask them for a picture and Jack told me to get my butt over there and relax,once he said that,most of my hesitation vanished.

He did say some of the biggest and unforseen delays have come from
Warner Brothers and their being so protective of the WOZ license and
also from some vendor/manufacturing delays and delay #3 is from Jack
himself wanting/demanding that this machine and all future JJP
products "blow us away" in the fit and finish and details
department,and that you will not find any hardware or heads of bolts
etc.,etc. protruding from the cabinet and damn sure not sticking
through the eye of Dorothy's face and through the cabinet decals-which
are a work of art in themselves.
He also said he is so damn impatient and wants it as bad as any of us-
BUT-he knows he has ONE shot to get it right and that he will
sacrafice some time in the grand scheme of things to get it right and
that soon enough the finished product will do all the talking and he
can enjoy seeing us play WOZ.
Finally he did mention that the LCD screen will be used in different
ways than he first envisioned and that JP "The Animator" of the LCD is
doing some amazing work and that it will also be worth the wait.
Kirk in Colorado

Great post

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Actually I love the old data east art work real cool. GNR TFTC TOMMY all great hand drawn art.

No love for LAH? I'm surprised.

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

The witch is gonna make Optimus her biznatch. Fo' rizzle.

#128 11 years ago

No shit. I started a flame war with an innocuous post.

Relax everyone. There will be people who love the game and retractors. I for one have an LE on order an cant wait.

Honestly though let's just wait and see on WoZ.

On that note I'm excited to see what JPoP has coming and I haven't seen much and don't have a bad word to say about the effort.

One thing is for sure... This can only be a positive for pinball. Competition tends to breed quality.

Quoted from DugFreez:

So nobody is going to discuss the plastics on this thread?
I can't believe no one has mentioned that plastic on the right side. Did the Wizard bombard Toto with radioactive particles that caused him to glow or what? The pic can only be zoomed so much, but from what I see it looks like something I could have done in MS paint (and I'm not very good.....at all).
As for the other plastics....the rest look fine to me. I can't say I really care for the selection on the slings or right return lane, but I can't really think of anything better to have and at least the art quality looks good. I'm also not so sure about these and the other lower, center playfield plastics being green. All other plastics seem to match their place on the playfield except for those 4. Green belongs in the top right of the playfield.
The plastics with just color and mostly design at the top of the playfield are probably my favorite of the bunch, but the Dorothy, Dorothy, Wizard plastic on the left is also very nice. I don't know if the double Dorothy was really needed, but it still looks good.

#129 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

One thing is for sure... This can only be a positive for pinball. Competition tends to breed quality.

This is true, but it is also creating a fanboy culture here that is unfortunate. People have been disgruntled with Stern for a long time and love to bash them. A lot of the bashing is well deserved, but most isn't. It's tough being the only game in town. On the other hand JJP is the new guy in town and is enjoying a honeymoon period in which he can do no wrong. If Stern had chosen WOZ as a theme instead of JJP, there would be people outside the factory with torches and pitch forks. For the sake of those who ordered one and have been patiently waiting through the delays, I only hope that WOZ can come anywhere close to the hype that it is getting. I look forward to unboxing one at my good friend's house when it shows up.

No big deal, just pointing out facts. I will enjoy my BIB LE, wait for the next JJP game announcement and decide which of the two great pinball companies my next NIB will come from. This time around it was an easy choice. My favorite designers (SR and Lyman) and one of my dream themes (ACDC) vs my second favorite designers (Nordman and KPJ) and the worst theme (WOZ) I can imagine (except Oprah or The Kardashians).

John

#130 11 years ago

Haters can hate. It's their opinion. We'll all know soon enough.

And I'm not a Stern nor a JPop-hater. I wish them all luck, but we all have opinions, on whether we like a certain theme, or the way a company might do business and treat customers or the community. It's all part of the dialogue. I don't see a reason to call each other names simply because different people have different opinions.

#132 11 years ago

Pissing in someone's cornflakes because theyre excited about a new pin is about the crappiest thing a "hobbyist" can do to another. I hate Stern but I'm not giving AC/DC owners shit for such a horrible looking playfield with the main toy being a bell. Hell the cheesy moving band isn't worth mentioning or the crappy looking lower playfield inserts. Well at least the delays means the code will only take 1 1/2 years to complete.

See, as a future WOZ owner I won't lower myself to the Stern fanboy level.

#133 11 years ago

I think Woz posts are much funnier to read lately then to post on.
Have fun battling guys I am just waiting for mine to show up and I will find out first hand.
Looks promising to me but maybe not everyone. (Nature of the beast)

Have a wonderful day all of you!

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PinballHelp said:Grow the fuck up.

Like I said......jacka**.....and you don't offend me, you are just a total idiot
Along with your brother Snowdale....

Seriously dude. Go see a therapist. Work that stuff out before you go around attacking people you don't know on a goofy internet messageboard. Take your ritalin or lithium or whatever. I don't care what you think of me, so don't waste your time.

#137 11 years ago

You guys need to fight elsewhere. Thank you.

I think the plastics fit the theme. Just watched a local theater do the WOZ play. It was really good and there were a lot of things I forgot about. Makes the pin easier to understand everything if you watch it again.

#139 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

A mini ramp that raises to smash a toy has never been done.

Oh really? Monster Bash was originally designed with a mini-ramp in front of Frank (that's why all the early playfields have springsteel on them covering nothing). Maybe that doesn't count because it didn't make production? OK, well, how about RFM? There's a mini-ramp there that bashes into many virtual toys. Of course there is a reality ramp switch that registers it. Still not real enough? How about Goldeneye, then? A miniramp into a ROTATING satellite dish, that does 2 different things: Grabs onto the ball, then later lets you knock said ball out of the dish. That's like 4x the excitement of OP!

Oh don't forget the slam ramp on NGG. That comes down, however, and doesn't pop up, so maybe that disqualifies the ramp in your mind? 5 different shots up there, though. As opposed to 1 OP.

MNF? That's through a goalpost though, not into a toy. Sorry, my bad.

Those are just the ones that rushed into my head offhand. I'm guessing there are others

No, what really would've been novel is something that, you know, transformed I think.

Indeed.

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Snowdale said:

Oh really? Monster Bash was originally designed with a mini-ramp in front of Frank (that's why all the early playfields have springsteel on them covering nothing). Maybe that doesn't count because it didn't make production? OK, well, how about RFM? There's a mini-ramp there that bashes into many virtual toys. Of course there is a reality ramp switch that registers it. Still not real enough? How about Goldeneye, then? A miniramp into a ROTATING satellite dish, that does 2 different things: Grabs onto the ball, then later lets you knock said ball out of the dish. That's like 4x the excitement of OP!
Oh don't forget the slam ramp on NGG. That comes down, however, and doesn't pop up, so maybe that disqualifies the ramp in your mind? 5 different shots up there, though. As opposed to 1 OP.
Those are just the ones that rushed into my head offhand. I'm guessing there are others
No, what really would've been novel is something that, you know, transformed I think.
Snowdale said:

Sorry.
Indeed.

Awesome stuff Keefer. Thanks

#141 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

Thats bullshit, I've played over 1000 games and never had a ball go SDTM after a Optimus hit. 9 out 10 shots land on the bumblebee platform which almost always comes back to the left flipper. It's a narrow shot and you'll never hit Optimus by accident. That witch target is probably the easiest shot in the game. Skill Vs Eye candy.

I have to agree. It's a great idea. It has it's problems but so what? Champion Pub has a similar shot and it had it's problems too. No real issue, still fun to play.

Pappy

#142 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

You guys have to watch this video. This guy did all the artwork for most of the DE games. Pretty interesting.

BTW Greg did most of the WOZ artwork in Photoshop. Same as Stern does. It's just the way things are these days.

Pappy

#143 11 years ago

Snowdale said:A mini ramp that raises to smash a toy has never been done.
Snowdale said:Sorry.
Indeed.

Snowdale said:A mini ramp that raises to smash a toy has never been done.
Snowdale said:Sorry.
Indeed.

Good luck with your game. I'd still rather bash Optimus than all of your "supposed" comparisons. Its better becouse of the orbit. Not only is it a fun as hell toy, it saves space by having the orbit there. One of the quicker and satisfying orbits sterns got.

#145 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

I'd still rather bash Optimus than all of your "supposed" comparisons.

That's cool, I don't have a problem with that. I just had a problem with

Quoted from Snowdale:

which I feel like I demonstrated was clearly inaccurate.

Quoted from Snowdale:

Its better becouse of the orbit. Not only is it a fun as hell toy, it saves space by having the orbit there. One of the quicker and satisfying orbits sterns got.

I'm not really sure where you're going with this. You mean because there's a shot that goes "through the toy"? Again I'd just point out that NGG has a minimum of 5 shots under the upper playfield the mini-ramp sends the ball to (although only 2 or maybe 3 are blocked off by the ramp being down).

#146 11 years ago

How's the programming going keefer?

#147 11 years ago

Oh really? Monster Bash was originally designed with a mini-ramp in front of Frank (that's why all the early playfields have springsteel on them covering nothing).

Finally! An answer to something that I'd wondered about since first getting my MB!

#148 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

chocky909 said:You can keep your off the shelf $12 figure and we'll have our custom sculpted mechanical toy with Addams Family style magnetic fun. I don't think we need to see the finished game to know that the build quality is much higher than TF. It's self evident. As for the game, we can only guess until we've played it. So let's just leave the arguments til then yeah?
I will keep my toys. And there made by Hasbro the top toy company in the world so... You can keep your mechanical toy that has arms and moves, made by dudes who are trying to recreate the quality that B/Ws games had. Becouse they never broke. ; /

OK. So you're saying that a TRANSFORMERS pin that doesn't have a single toy that actually *transforms* is a GOOD thing? uh-huh. I believe you. Stern missed the boat bigtime with that. After the teaser trailer and all, too. For shame.

#149 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Did you listen to Jack's talk at the last show. Greg talked aout the plastics and in particular the one you speak off. Might want to give it a listen.

#150 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

DugFreez said:I can't believe no one has mentioned that plastic on the right side. Did the Wizard bombard Toto with radioactive particles that caused him to glow or what? The pic can only be zoomed so much, but from what I see it looks like something I could have done in MS paint (and I'm not very good.....at all).
Did you listen to Jack's talk at the last show. Greg talked aout the plastics and in particular the one you speak off. Might want to give it a listen.

Could you summarize please? I always prefer to read info in 10-15 seconds rather than be forced to sit through several minutes or more of linear info. (I guess I'm not part of the younger "dumbed-down" generation that wants all their info with pretty video and sounds.) <--- This is *not* a dig at you or any other individual here, btw!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
13,000 (OBO)
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/latest-from-jjp-woz-plastics/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.