test.png
proto_witch.jpg
Fof11-schizo.JPG
7.jpg
2012_Rocky_Mtn._Pinball_Show_012.JPG
2012_Rocky_Mtn._Pinball_Show_005.JPG
2012_Rocky_Mtn._Pinball_Show_010.JPG
166.jpg
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Exejet said:

most 2 years in "production" and the game will rate under most new Sterns that's going to be the best part!
Which new sterns are you refering too?
Tron at 19
Transformers at 28 or
maybe AC/DC at an awesome 51
Maybe WOZ will challenge one of those great pins.

It won't take much. I even bet that the test games JJP will be putting on location next month with only partial code will be better than the Stern's that have come out since SM.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

I'm laughing at how guys on both sides complain about updates.

If I came across as complaining I apologize. I wasn't.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

I'm laughing at how guys on both sides complain about updates.
If you like updates, no worries. You WILL see the entire game, being played, LONG before you get your machine unboxed. ...or did you think all thousand were going to get magically delivered at exactly the same moment in time? Someone WILL get their game first and post videos of the unboxing and gameplay. Face it, it's the world we live in now.
If you don't want updates, stop reading them.
I read them because I like them. I wait for the next one. The only time I complained about an update was when we were shown cabinets all lined up. You know the one.

+1

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It won't take much. I even bet that the test games JJP will be putting on location next month with only partial code will be better than the Stern's that have come out since SM.

It doesn't have to be Stern Vs JJP. Both will be producing great games. Three years from now I will still love my Tron, I will still love IM and I will still be loving my WOZ (I hope).

Stern is putting out great games and they are selling them out, that is a fact, not an opinion. JJP has sold out his LEs too. This is a good thing for us pinheads. If you don't like either then don't buy them. Nobody is forcing you!

Also I'm not buying the LCDs will make all others obsolete opinion. A good pinball machine is a good pinball machine. Doesn't matter what technology they use. We all still love playing the older SS games and some of us still love playing the EMs. That's the great thing about pinball, you will always still have to master the steel ball with flippers.

Pappy

#55 11 years ago

Here are my impressions from meeting Jack and seeing the presentation from the front row yesterday.
Also a picture of myself and Jack,Dennis Nordman and Greg Freres-all great guys and easy to talk to and joke around with.
I was reluctant to ask them for a picture and Jack told me to get my butt over there and relax,once he said that,most of my hesitation vanished.

He did say some of the biggest and unforseen delays have come from
Warner Brothers and their being so protective of the WOZ license and
also from some vendor/manufacturing delays and delay #3 is from Jack
himself wanting/demanding that this machine and all future JJP
products "blow us away" in the fit and finish and details
department,and that you will not find any hardware or heads of bolts
etc.,etc. protruding from the cabinet and damn sure not sticking
through the eye of Dorothy's face and through the cabinet decals-which
are a work of art in themselves.
He also said he is so damn impatient and wants it as bad as any of us-
BUT-he knows he has ONE shot to get it right and that he will
sacrafice some time in the grand scheme of things to get it right and
that soon enough the finished product will do all the talking and he
can enjoy seeing us play WOZ.
Finally he did mention that the LCD screen will be used in different
ways than he first envisioned and that JP "The Animator" of the LCD is
doing some amazing work and that it will also be worth the wait.
Kirk in Colorado ECLEWOZ #666

2012_Rocky_Mtn._Pinball_Show_010.JPG2012_Rocky_Mtn._Pinball_Show_010.JPG 2012_Rocky_Mtn._Pinball_Show_005.JPG2012_Rocky_Mtn._Pinball_Show_005.JPG 2012_Rocky_Mtn._Pinball_Show_012.JPG2012_Rocky_Mtn._Pinball_Show_012.JPG

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

DCFAN said:

It doesn't have to be Stern Vs JJP. Both will be producing great games. Three years from now I will still love my Tron, I will still love IM and I will still be loving my WOZ (I hope).
Pappy

Yes, I know. I was only saying that because Exejet was bashing WOZ as compared to Sterns eventhough it has not even been released yet. I was not the one that started the nonsensical argument.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

once he said that,most of my hesitation vanished.

Nice v8!
Thanks for the pics.
Although, I was a bit disappointed with the omission of how you told Jack (in person) to graciously swap your #666 with mine, because we are such good friends!

As for the plastics...
I'm sure once everything is assembled it will flow nicely with the 3D pieces and remaining mechanical elements.
The "late July", date kinda bummed me out a bit. I was hoping for a sweet WOZ 4th of July party...

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

v8torino said:once he said that,most of my hesitation vanished.
Nice v8!
Thanks for the pics.
Although, I was a bit disappointed with the omission of how you told Jack (in person) to graciously swap your #666 with mine, because we are such good friends!
As for the plastics...
I'm sure once everything is assembled it will flow nicely with the 3D pieces and remaining mechanical elements.
The "late July", date kinda bummed me out a bit. I was hoping for a sweet WOZ 4th of July party...

I'll wait until July 2013 for the game if that is what it takes.

#59 11 years ago

Witch update

7.jpg7.jpg

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#61 11 years ago

this game will blow everyone away, lets all sit back be patient and enjoy the ride!

#62 11 years ago

No need to post the same thing twice, we got it the first time.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

Just show the machine, the design is done, right? I have no horse in the race but I'm tired as hell of all this bullshit, snippet, teaser stuff. Show it all. Showing only these meek plastics doe's nothing for the hype. This game better deliver because this bread crumb trail is long as fuck.
Go ahead, Tilt my opinion.

Tell us how you really feel.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

Just show the machine, the design is done, right? I have no horse in the race but I'm tired as hell of all this bullshit, snippet, teaser stuff. Show it all. Showing only these meek plastics doe's nothing for the hype. This game better deliver because this bread crumb trail is long as fuck.

Must be a Red Sox fan.

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Snowdale said:Just show the machine, the design is done, right? I have no horse in the race but I'm tired as hell of all this bullshit, snippet, teaser stuff. Show it all. Showing only these meek plastics doe's nothing for the hype. This game better deliver because this bread crumb trail is long as fuck.
Must be a Red Sox fan.

LOL!!!

#66 11 years ago

That witch looks super cool.

#67 11 years ago

Snowdale, to answer your question, the design of the witch is finished. However, Jack said it could be two weeks before the design is approved. Thus the witch he is showing is not exactly what will be in the game and the entire game is not ready to be shown. I am sure that the witch could still be changed if Warner Brothers says it is a no go.
The test machines will be in late May and they will likely have all the visual aspects to completion.

Jack even was saying at the Rocky Mountain presentation that they will put something on the witch target area below the witch (maybe a decal?) but that feature has not been decided.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I'd rather bash Optimus. MO.

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

dannunz said:

Does Optimus have a strong magnet that messes with the ball in a way similar to the whirlwind spinners, but with a totally different design?

I am sorry for you that you do not appear to appreciate novel design concepts in pinball.

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Snowdale said:dannunz said:
Does Optimus have a strong magnet that messes with the ball in a way similar to the Whirlwind spinners, but with a totally different design?
I am sorry for you that you do not appear top appreciate novel design concepts in pinball.

All of a sudden magnets are novel design concepts. It's been done. A mini ramp that raises to smash a toy has never been done. Sorry.

#72 11 years ago

I like the wizard of oz

Fof11-schizo.JPGFof11-schizo.JPG

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

A mini ramp that raises to smash a toy has never been done. Sorry.

There's a reason for that... It's a bad design that causes tons of balls to get stuck. I've never seen the glass removed so many times from a machine in a half hour's time.

I'm a big Stern fan, but TF was a misfire IMO. A lot of unrealized potential with that theme.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

DCFAN said:

Does Optimus have a strong magnet that messes with the ball in a way similar to the Whirlwind spinners, but with a totally different design?
I am sorry for you that you do not appear top appreciate novel design concepts in pinball.
All of a sudden magnets are novel design concepts. It's been done. A mini ramp that raises to smash a toy has never been done. Sorry.

The magnet will be novel in that it is a completely different function and implementation.
Why do you insist on making this a Stern TF vs. WOZ competition?

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Snowdale said:A mini ramp that raises to smash a toy has never been done. Sorry.
There's a reason for that... It's a bad design that causes tons of balls to get stuck. I've never seen the glass removed so many times from a machine in a half hour's time.
I'm a big Stern fan, but TF was a misfire IMO. A lot of unrealized potential with that theme.

Naaah, no flaw with my game, just a whole lotta fun. It's the Balrog but better so try again.

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Snowdale said:DCFAN said:
The magnet will be novel in that it is a completely different function and implementation.

Has nothing to do with a company. It has everything to do with a game that I can play and have fun. I'm not trying to protect a game I've never played.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

DCFAN said:

Has nothing to do with a company. It has everything to do with a game that I can play and have fun. I'm not trying to protect a game I've never played.

That is the whole point of this argument. You are coming on this thread bashing/mocking something you have never played or seen. Thank you.
Just chill out and wait until late May and see the test machine to make more comments. I am sure there will be a test machine fairly close to you since you are in New England.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That is the whole point of this argument. You are coming on this thread bashing/mocking something you have never played or seen. Thank you.
Just chill out and wait until late May and see the test machine to make more comments. I am sure there will be a test machine fairly close to you since you are in New England.</blockquote

OK, well take a look at the picture of my Optimus now look at the witch, now back at Optimus.
Who would you wanna hit a wall with a toy behind it or a full toy that moves becouse you hit it.

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

DCFAN said:

Just chill out and wait until late May and see the test machine to make more comments. I am sure there will be a test machine fairly close to you since you are in New England.</blockquote
OK, well take a look at the picture of my Optimus now look at the witch, now back at Optimus.
Who would you wanna hit a wall with a toy behind it or a full toy that moves becouse you hit it.

You don't even know what the finished witch is going to look like or do for that matter. Jack has said the witch will melt and the magnet will do things to the ball. There could be more to it than we know. Anyway, this is just one toy among many in WOZ. The witch is not a centerpiece singular toy for the game.
What you are doing is the equivalent of comparing a drop target in one game and comparing it to static targets in another game. They are totally different features in totally different locations in totally different games.

How are you going to compare TF toys to the flying monkey, the spinning house, or the crystal ball?

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You don't even know what the finished witch is going to look like or do for that matter. Jack has said the witch will melt and the magnet will do things to the ball. There could be more to it than we know. Anyway, this is just one toy among many in WOZ. The witch is not a centerpiece singular toy for the game.
What you are doing is the equivalent of comparing a drop target in one game and comparing it to static targets in another game. They are totally different features in totally different locations in totally different games.
How are you going to compare TF toys to the flying monkey, the spinning house, or the crystal ball?

The goal in both games is to hit the character, right. I'm just saying my Optimus looks better than that witch.

#81 11 years ago

I haven't played WoZ obviously but I hav played TF. The Optimus thing is a very awkward shot IMO. There is no rhyme or reason to where the ball goes and just seems like sloppy design. I am all for randomness in the game but I find it frustrating to make a shot and then have a ball go sdtm. This is something that should be taken into account IMO.

Doesnt HRC have a lift ramp that hits a slot or something.

As for the Red Sox, they do suck but I'm an O's fan so I know how it feels.

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I haven't played WoZ obviously but I hav played TF. The Optimus thing is a very awkward shot IMO. There is no rhyme or reason to where the ball goes and just seems like sloppy design. I am all for randomness in the game but I find it frustrating to make a shot and then have a ball go sdtm. This is something that should be taken into account IMO.

Thats bullshit, I've played over 1000 games and never had a ball go SDTM after a Optimus hit. 9 out 10 shots land on the bumblebee platform which almost always comes back to the left flipper. It's a narrow shot and you'll never hit Optimus by accident. That witch target is probably the easiest shot in the game. Skill Vs Eye candy.

#83 11 years ago

Snowdale, you really do lack for reading comprehension. The witch is not the finished product.

#84 11 years ago

I'm on fire today!!!! : )

#85 11 years ago

Originally the witch was to have three targets, I wonder why it was changed.

proto_witch.jpgproto_witch.jpg

#86 11 years ago

It may look like an easy shot but wait till the witch is taunting you any the 2game magnets in front of her are rejecting you lol.

#87 11 years ago

In the speech on saturday, Jack said something about a tube that the witch will be in and something about a reveal. I am not sure what exactly he meant, especially since I was only listening to an audio recording and not seeing the display as he spoke.

#88 11 years ago

You can keep ur tfle game is not holding its value. Guy near me has had a tf le combo only 100 plays. For sale for a month at $5400 and no bites.

#89 11 years ago

It was my understanding that the hat would be on the base of the enclosure and the witch will pop up from underneath the hat.

#90 11 years ago

a reveal eh? I can think of better skirts I'd like to look up, but I'll take it!

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

You can keep ur tfle game is not holding its value. Guy near me has had a tf le combo only 100 plays. For sale for a month at $5400 and no bites.

Whats your point? I'm not into pinball so I can make a profit. If you saw me play my $6000 game you'd understand that. It's not a trophy.... It's just fun.

#92 11 years ago

The finished witch will have arms, will 'melt' so you can only see her hat and there will also be a 'reveal' of some sort so I assume she's going to be hidden somehow at first. She will also be protected by a clear tube which will also stop the balls from getting stuck up there. It's also not available in Walmart. ; )

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

The finished witch will have arms, will 'melt' so you can only see her hat and there will also be a 'reveal' of some sort so I assume she's going to be hidden somehow at first. She will also be protected by a clear tube which will also stop the balls from getting stuck up there. It's also not available in Walmart. ; )

I hope there are arms. Did you hear that from Jack?

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I hope there are arms. Did you hear that from Jack?

It was asked on the WOZ forum if the witch would have arms and Jack answered with a yes.

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

TaylorVA said:I haven't played WoZ obviously but I hav played TF. The Optimus thing is a very awkward shot IMO. There is no rhyme or reason to where the ball goes and just seems like sloppy design. I am all for randomness in the game but I find it frustrating to make a shot and then have a ball go sdtm. This is something that should be taken into account IMO.
Thats bullshit, I've played over 1000 games and never had a ball go SDTM after a Optimus hit. 9 out 10 shots land on the bumblebee platform which almost always comes back to the left flipper. It's a narrow shot and you'll never hit Optimus by accident. That witch target is probably the easiest shot in the game. Skill Vs Eye candy.

Calling my experience bushit is a laugh. I'll try to alter my actual experience to fit your expectations next time.

#99 11 years ago

Calm down Snowdale. TF is a fun game but that doesn't mean that you have to defend every element of it and slag off the competition. I think whacking the Optimus figure is great and will probably be more fun than hitting the Witch Target but that remains to be seen. I'm sure your table will hold its value as it looks and sounds great, Transformers is a great theme and the finished code will make people come back to it. WOZ will knock it for six still overall though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 16.95
$ 91.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/latest-from-jjp-woz-plastics/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.