2013-10-31 18.55.03.jpg
DSC01327.JPG
20131031-centaur-cpr-gold.jpg
DSC09606.JPG
image-989.jpg
image-256.jpg
20131025_123314.jpg
20131025_123741.jpg
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

This is probably my biggest pet peeve about pinball. Someone makes something, but makes 10 and only tells someone on a really secluded spot online.

Actually it was probably the best way to do it to avoid profit-seekers. They went right to the Centaur forum where they know owners would be.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

This is probably my biggest pet peeve about pinball. Someone makes something, but makes 10 and only tells someone on a really secluded spot online.

I guess it's lucky for you that's not what actually happened this time, so you don't have to be annoyed!

#53 10 years ago

These were sold to people that needed them, not to people that would have hoarded and resold at rape prices.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

These were sold to people that needed them, not to people that would have hoarded and resold at rape prices.

Some people bought them and dont even own a centaur, so they didnt really need it.

#55 10 years ago

I'm in the dont got a Centaur yet club, hopefully only a matter of time. I plan on buying Medusa when they release it too. And I don't got that one yet either.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Some people bought them and dont even own a centaur, so they didnt really need it.

I'm in that group though I'm searching far and wide for something I can get and afford. If the machine I find has a new playfield in it when I purchase, I'll sell the one I bought to someone who needs one then. Otherwise, I want to be ready for what I expect will be a less than stellar PF when I finally find one.

#57 10 years ago

Curious how bad your playfields are. Anyone care to share their battle scars?

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

I'm in the dont got a Centaur yet club, hopefully only a matter of time. I plan on buying Medusa when they release it too. And I don't got that one yet either.

Medusa PF? Not on the CPR pre-order page, did I miss something here? Someone else making it?

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Medusa PF? Not on the CPR pre-order page, did I miss something here? Someone else making it?

I think it's speculation,but a very good chance. I'd be in for one no question.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I needed one. I love the art! That is enough need for me! Hopefully i can also find a game to do a swap... Last one i had a shot at got snapped up by dude that did not even leave me with a cryin towel...

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I needed one. I love the art! That is enough need for me! Hopefully i can also find a game to do a swap... Last one i had a shot at got snapped up by dude that did not even leave me with a cryin towel...

And its not a big deal, but if we end up having 20-30 guys hoarding pf's...lots of machines that need them and getting neglected is a crying shame.

#62 10 years ago

The Medusa playfields are not yet ready for preorder the artist is still going over the art to verify everything is correct the preorder will be posted when they are ready to schedule the run.

The few centaur playfields they recently made was not a run but some leftovers inserts from the last run they decided to run a few about 20 to test a new machine but i got mine . I was scared after i sold my other one Ide miss out.
The one i got was much nicer than the lother one i got from the last small run. they fixed the black problem which caused missing detail in the bonus wheel area now it has the detail the last one lacked matching the original.

I paid $699 plus $55 shipping $754 total plastics were not manditory they gave several options which package you wanted to buy. just depends what code you used.

#63 10 years ago

If anyone has a playfield to sell, I am interested. Or at least a scan of one. i have a very nice Centaur, plastics, backglass, electronics etc...but have a worn playfield. the reverb even works on mine. I just basically need the middle section of the game. I of course would prefer a perfect playfield but if anyone could make an overlay of my damage section, I would appreicate it. thanks for any help.

#64 10 years ago

No worries Im sure someone horded some and will sell them for a $1000 or more in a awhile lol.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

And its not a big deal, but if we end up having 20-30 guys hoarding pf's...lots of machines that need them and getting neglected is a crying shame.

Agreed. I bought it with then intent to hook up a buddy that was asking for one a while back so he can do a swap. I knew that if i did not pull the trigger then this small batch would be gone before he made a decision or got to even order. He does not have the moola currently so it will get hung on the wall till he can come up with the cash (or if i can find a cheap core before ). I am hoping after he does the swap that he will give me his old pf as a wall hanger.... He is a pretty cool dude. I am guessing he and i could do the swap in a few days.

Trevism already did one and could probably give a few pointers.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

No worries Im sure someone horded some and will sell them for a $1000 or more in a awhile lol.

The CPR guys do not seem to be into that. I would be surprised if they sold multiples of this run to any one person. Not my business, but I have never been under the impression the CPR guys were really jazzed to support flippers.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

a cryin towel...

By the way, I got you covered next time.

DSC09606.JPGDSC09606.JPG

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

The CPR guys do not seem to be into that. I would be surprised if they sold multiples of this run to any one person. Not my business, but I have never been under the impression the CPR guys were really jazzed to support flippers.

I am in no way blaming CPR for the price but its just what people have been doing they buy from Cpr and sell a few months/year later for big money look marco sold the last few from the last run $1350-$1250 each when the market dried up.
Im sure someone will have em out there at a inflated price in a few months.
I only buy what i need personaly.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I bet you're right about this run. In general, however, if CPR doesn't want to hold inventory, then it's better for everyone if flippers stock up.

#70 10 years ago

Marco makes out on some inventory but gets stuck with other inventory. Part of the business.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

I am in no way blaming CPR for the price but its just what people have been doing they buy from Cpr and sell a few months/year later for big money look marco sold the last few from the last run $1350-$1250 each when the market dried up.
Im sure someone will have em out there at a inflated price in a few months.
I only buy what i need personaly.

I wasn't aware of Marco price gouging on CPR playfields. Was it just the Centaur? It makes me look at them in a whole new light. As for CPR selling more than one pf to a customer, I don't think they do until the pre-orders are filled first. Maybe the big sellers get more than one as I have seen CPR pf's on that Aussie website, BAA and Marco. That also goes for back glasses and plastics. As for CPR not wanting to keep a stock of playfields, I think it's more like they don't want to make too many and be stuck with them. Look at some of the titles that have been available for atleast 2 years, Silverball Mania, Fire Power, Pinbot, Cyclone for example. I think the F2K's recently finally sold out. It's a guessing game too, look how fast the F2K backglasses sold out but not the pf. The Start Trek glass sold out in record time.

#72 10 years ago

At a loss for words...

I can only imagine the rush people felt in 1981 when these beauties hit the streets -- I was too infatuated at the time with vector-graphics vids (Asteroids, etc.) to notice pins in 1981. Better late than never to come to my senses. It's just breathtaking art.

Perhaps we'll be lucky enough to get more "great original art" again some day on a future non-themed pin. One can dream!

-mof

20131031-centaur-cpr-gold.jpg20131031-centaur-cpr-gold.jpg

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

At a loss for words...

Same here, what a gorgeous pf. Just got mine.

DSC01327.JPGDSC01327.JPG

#74 10 years ago

Now that I am looking at my new playfield, I want one even worse!

2013-10-31 18.55.03.jpg2013-10-31 18.55.03.jpg

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Now that I am looking at my new playfield, I want one even worse!

What are we going to do shimoda, I feel really sorry for us...

#76 10 years ago

I have a spare NEW Centaur Playfield I was goinf to use
to restore my game but playfield still looks great
make me a stupid offer and I will let it go, Merry x-mas

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

$36 and I will cover shipping! Thanks so much rvdv! You are the best! Cant wait to get it.

#78 10 years ago

You forgot your address !!
guess I keep it then LOL

#79 10 years ago

rvdv, silver, gold or bronze?

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I have a spare NEW Centaur Playfield I was goinf to use
to restore my game but playfield still looks great

Yeah, I remember your Centaur looking pretty good as it is.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

rvdv, silver, gold or bronze?

it would be qualified as gold version

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, I remember your Centaur looking pretty good as it is.

yep, you are right my playfield still looks great
just the new one with the Clearcoat looks so Shiny !!

I still have my NOS Paragon playfield around as wel as Flash gordon

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

What are we going to do shimoda, I feel really sorry for us...

I have one potentially lined up again...

Will they have a drill because they don't have the backbox key? Will find out Sunday. I'm thinking about how this feels. It's like the boat comments that come up on this forum.

#84 10 years ago

Cant wait to build mine just need to wait 3 months to sand down repaint and reclear the playfield with my formula.

#85 10 years ago

Hey RVDV, since we are in the Christmas spirit, if your not going to install the NOS Paragon playfield I'd be interested. shoot me a pm!

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Hey RVDV, since we are in the Christmas spirit, if your not going to install the NOS Paragon playfield I'd be interested. shoot me a pm!

Didnt you just buy one? Dont be a hoarder.

edit-Derp! I thought it was another Centaur pf.....my bad....carry on....

#87 10 years ago

Centerflank I'd swap it out right after I'm done with the Centaur, I promise!

#88 10 years ago

For those people still looking for a repro playfield, you might luck out and find a Centaur with a Day 1 Mylar field. When the first run of Centaur playfields was done, I hadn't located a game yet but went ahead and bought a playfield just in case I might need one. As it turned out, I found a game that didn't need a playfield. They are out there. In fact, I have run into two of them myself. So, keep your hopes up and you might find one, too.

Before you ask, I already sold my repro playfield to another Pinsider.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

For those people still looking for a repro playfield, you might luck out and find a Centaur with a Day 1 Mylar field. When the first run of Centaur playfields was done, I hadn't located a game yet but went ahead and bought a playfield just in case I might need one. As it turned out, I found a game that didn't need a playfield. They are out there. In fact, I have run into two of them myself. So, keep your hopes up and you might find one, too.
Before you ask, I already sold my repro playfield to another Pinsider.

I have never seen a Centaur set up at a show in the 5 years that I have been in the hobby. I saw one, 2 years ago at a show for $2000 unrestored. Another at a show flea market but was beyond a basket case. So if you see another one, send it my way

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I have never seen a Centaur set up at a show in the 5 years that I have been in the hobby. I saw one, 2 years ago at a show for $2000 unrestored. Another at a show flea market but was beyond a basket case. So if you see another one, send it my way

Will do. I brought one of my Centaurs to Pinball Expo in 2006 and again in 2009, plan on bringing it in 2014, too. That Centaur is currently on location at 3rd Rail Bar and Grill sitting right next to a CQ Bally Mystic. You are welcome to play it just as much as you want.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Will do. I brought one of my Centaurs to Pinball Expo in 2006 and again in 2009, plan on bringing it in 2014, too. That Centaur is currently on location at 3rd Rail Bar and Grill sitting right next to a CQ Bally Mystic. You are welcome to play it just as much as you want.

Brian thanks for the invite. When and where is expo 14? I have been wanting to go to one of these shows. It's just so darn far away!

#92 10 years ago

That would be Chicago Pinball Expo 2014, plenty of time to plan your trip

#93 10 years ago

Got my machine to go with the playfield on the way!

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Got my machine to go with the playfield on the way!

Lucky dawg!

#95 10 years ago

Finally got home form vacation today and was able to open my box. What a great looking pf when so nice and bright and white!

Does anyone else have any insert crazing/ 'crackling' I think CPR calls it on their website. A few inserts on mine have these like micro fractures under the clear. They say it is typical, but honestly not what I expected for the "gold" rating.

I can take pics, but if everyone that got a pf form this run has them then I am not worried.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from pale:

Are the playfield "marked" somewhere to see if its a gold or silver finish?
Are there a stamp/marking etc ?
My friend also bought a Centaur "gold" playfield.
But then we´r up to 5 in total ?
"1. Schwarz, 2.one to Crispin, 3.one to Cflank's friend, 4.mof and 5.my friend"

Good catch, I thought I added up the same amount. Since your post it appears there may be two more to add to the list which would add up to 7...out of only 4 available. WTF, am I missing something?

#97 10 years ago

Yeah, I see no markings at all to denote my pf as "gold" quality level even through that is what I paid for.

I never got a confirmation email that my payment went through and I did not even get a Bill of Sale or anything along with the actual packages. PF was really well packaged (aside form the rollover inserts just loose in the box >>> glad they were not broken) but the plastics were packaged very poorly with an open bag and parts just tumbling around in the package...

#98 10 years ago

My silver level has some crackling. Anxious to see the playfield on the game I purchased. Couple of small white areas around I think 3 or 4 inserts. Otherwise looks beautiful.

#99 10 years ago

One just popped up FS in Jeff City, MO. If you don't have one, get on it!

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Does anyone else have any insert crazing/ 'crackling' I think CPR calls it on their website. A few inserts on mine have these like micro fractures under the clear. They say it is typical, but honestly not what I expected for the "gold" rating.

Yeah it is pretty standard on all CPR playfields to have the "crackling". My guess is the gold edition has the least amount of bad inserts in it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

7,032 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 195.00
6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/latest-cpr-centaur-run/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.