Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jamesays
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

I have enjoyed the previous Batman movies.The latest one for me was below average,Batman actor has no charisma and the Riddler didnt work for me.I rate it a flop the least enjoyable Batman so far and unfortunately it looks like they are setting it up for 2 or 3 more.What did you think about it ?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #2 1 year ago

I was pleasantly surprised. I like all Batman movies, I thought this Batman seemed more realistic, less campy... and I thought this was the first time the Riddler actually was a respectable villain honestly. I liked the Dark vibe. When I heard the Nirvana song at the beginning while he was riding his bike, I was like wow...this is different for a Batman movie.

The Christian Bale Batmans were awesome...the Michael Keaton ones were great fun... the Clooney and Kilmer ones were probably bottom of the list, for me anyway.

#3 1 year ago

I thought it was alright wasn't great, but wasn't terrible either.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I thought it was alright wasn't great, but wasn't terrible either.

Little from both sides; think it did some things really well and others not so.

DC is all aboot Villains, the only thing they have over Marvel, and Riddler didn't really come alive until the end.
    Gotham itself was awesome. Old school Noir shit like we used to! Ncie to be in Gotham instead of Pittscago.
    Catwoman one of the best as well; as she wasn't pouring milk all over herself and being stupid.
    No Bruce Wayne? THANK YOU!
    Is there a reason we're putting Colin Ferral in the DeNiro De-Ager from The Irishman?
    Best Batmobile ever
    Love crap at the end was lame
    Gordon sucked; rare Miss from Jeffrey Wright
    Shovelface did a good job as The Batman; good for him.

#5 1 year ago

Also anything that gets the movies away from Zach Snyder seems to be a good idea.

#6 1 year ago

I thought this movie was phenomenal.

#7 1 year ago

I kept seeing angry Deniro as well.I prefer a goofy Riddler.I liked the Gotham TV series all of the characters were strong in that but the Batman actor wasnt much.

#8 1 year ago

The actor playing Gordon was great in Westworld didnt care for him as Gordon.

#9 1 year ago

We have not watched it yet, but a (big DC fan) friend who did said she couldn't wait for it to be over.

#10 1 year ago

Not sure if is fun or flop
    The movie is 3hrs long and I fell asleep
    Probably shouldn’t take my kids to the movies after a 14hour work shift

#11 1 year ago

I haven't had FUN at a Batman movie in decades, but I have still enjoyed them

#12 1 year ago

I think the new Batman movie is great and is a refreshing take on the series. The Batmobile startup and chase scenes are amazing. The entire look and feel of the movie is very unique. As for the new Batman I thought Robert Pattinson did a great job. Looking forward to the sequel.

#13 1 year ago

Fun …….no it’s is not fun but it is good definitely not a flop.
    As some people have said it’s very realistic.
    Dark , Drury , good story.
    I liked it a lot. It’s almost in the same vein as that movie seven with Brad Pitt.

#14 1 year ago

I enjoyed the detective side they showed with Batman. It was definitely a different feel, but Pattinson was fine for me as the lead.
    It was a l bit long, maybe too long? Hard to say.
    There were a few very memorable scenes, so I would say not a flop but not a monumental film either. I felt it was worth the time to see it.
    ( after seeing DR Strange I actually liked the batman more than I did initially)

#15 1 year ago

Who cares about batman? I only cared about catwoman. Sure the “love” story part seemed fake and hokey, but I think she was a good catwoman. Agree that gordon fell flat. Overall I felt it was decent though. Worth a watch at least

#16 1 year ago

There were a lot of good action scenes and the tools were pretty awesome.On a side note it took a long time for this Vampire to turn into a Bat.

#17 1 year ago

I personally thought it was dumb and boring but maybe I have to watch it again to make sure

#18 1 year ago

I really enjoyed it, but it had some problems.

- Way too long. Cut out the Falcone backstory and the movie would have been much tighter.
    - Bruce Wayne was an absolute prick to Alfred. This is supposed to be his father figure and he dumped on him for three hours.
    - Bruce Wayne was mopey
    - Will someone shoot Batman in the face already?!

However, the good outweighed the bad. Riddler was an awesome nod to the Zodiac, Penguin was awesome, the costumes and makeup were top notch, and the Batmobile kicked ass.

#19 1 year ago

This Riddler was the biggest dork of a villain ever. He wasn't scary or funny, and the actual riddles were lame. I get casting one or two ugly actors, but in this movie literally everyone is homely. Batmobile was cool, but seemed more like a fast and furious hot rod than a "Batmobile". Catwoman wasn't sexy, and we find out bad guys are bad guys because they're "White Privileged." One bad-ass fight scene, but otherwise the movie sucked.

6 months later
    #20 1 year ago

I recently watched this again,I enjoyed it a lot more than the first time.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/latest-batman-movie-fun-or-flop-?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.