SE-4.JPG
se-targ1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
2013-05-20_21.44.08.jpg
2013-05-20_21.44.38.jpg
2013-05-20_21.44.51.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dbpbandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I just wanted to share my latest Pin purchase. I picked up a Speakeasy last week that initially looks to be in great shape.

The regulator and driver board need a lot of work but cosmetically it looks great. The play-field has very little wear on it, outside of the flyaway targets and a few broken lane guides. Does anyone have a source for these targets? I may be able to touch them up but new ones would be nice. The back-glass is also in excellent condition, no flaking, fading or even scratches. Even the cabinet has minimal wear, with some minor touch-up it will look great as well.

Also, when I was checking everything out I noticed that someone had cut one leg off of a lot of the resistors and diodes located on the upper left hand side of the MPU module? Anyone have any idea why someone would have done this? I reconnected all of them and after adjusting the power I was able to actually start a game. It never made it all the way through due to the power issues but it's a good sign.

Do any of you Speakeasy owners have a list of common issues with these games? Or any Bally AS-2518-35 issues in general? If there are any upgrades or common fixes I'd like to make sure they get done.

I'm planning on getting it back to as close to 100% as I can but right now I'm just waiting on the power section parts to come in. Once it's working I'll turn my focus to the rest of the game, I'm not in a hurry but I'm looking forward to seeing it completed.

-Dave

2013-05-20_21.44.51.jpg2013-05-20_21.44.51.jpg 2013-05-20_21.44.38.jpg2013-05-20_21.44.38.jpg 2013-05-20_21.44.08.jpg2013-05-20_21.44.08.jpg

#15 10 years ago

Thanks for all the comments. I've been swamped all week but I'm hoping to get some time today to take a closer look and see what all I'll need to get it working again. I'll post more as I make progress.

-Dave

#18 10 years ago

OK, so I figured out how the fly away targets are supposed to work but I have one busted switch (see pick) anyone have some of these or know a source for them? I cleaned them up and they look better and for the most part they work. They are very touchy and I still don't have them adjusted just right yet.

Another issue is that none of the insert lights are working. All of the GI's work fine, just no play-field lights. I'm also not able to get the roulette wheel to spin, not sure if this is due to the same issue as the insert lighting or something else. Is there a way to test this or to manually engage the wheel?

Thanks...

se-targ1.jpgse-targ1.jpg

#20 10 years ago

Cool, thanks for the tip. I'll check it out next chance I get.

-Dave

#21 10 years ago

I got a chance to work on this over the weekend and outside of still needing a couple of the target switches I think I've found the source of one of the major issues.

There are three fuses under the playfield, the 1A fuse, (lower one) blows as soon as I turn the game on. I tracked the short to the solenoid expander board under the playfield. I re-flowed solder on it and checked it out (not sure how to test this unit) but it's still shorted out so I ordered one of the newly re-designed Solenoid Expander boards from Marco. While I'm waiting, does anyone know if this will also cause the playfield lights to not function? Or is that another issue?

Thanks.

#23 10 years ago

(snip from Wikipedia)

"A speakeasy, also called a blind pig or blind tiger, is an establishment that illegally sells alcoholic beverages that came into prominence in the United States during the Prohibition era (1920–1933, longer in some states). During that time, the sale, manufacture, and transportation (bootlegging) of alcoholic beverages was illegal throughout the United States. Speakeasies largely disappeared after Prohibition was lifted in 1933."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 10.00
$ 90.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dbpbandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lates-pin-purchase?tu=dbpbandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.