4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JoshPA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshPA.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello, and thanks for reading!

Yesterday I picked up a Neptune (first EM). Two owners prior had set it up to give a credit and start the game via the coin return mechanics. That was no longer working, but I got it fixed.

Two questions:

(1) From what I read, this shouldn't be working. You need to add the credit first and then start the game, via a stacked switch setup? If that is the case, should I be looking for some other modification that was made to allow the single switch method to be working?

(2) I don't like this setup and would rather return to a start button setup. The button is no longer there, replaced with a metal plug. Can someone point me to the correct part for a start button? While I'm at it, any suggestions for a stacked switch if that is what I should be using?

Thanks for the help!!

#2 4 years ago

Now that I read further ... for add a ball machines, does a coin drop start the game?

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

That was the practice during the 1960s: one dime per game. For a later game like Neptune, it could have been one quarter. Does your lower apron have the light to indicate a credit? If so, you probably have more than just the basic coin/start circuitry. If not, then there probably never was a start button, as those only make sense when it's possible to store a credit.
    I think you can get the correct button and switch from The Pinball Resource.
    As for starting via the coin-return button: on many Gottlieb coin doors, it's quite easy to move the wireform that the coin actually hits (to give enough leverage so that the coin can close the switch) so that it will be hit by "the coin return mechanics" as you put it.
    .................David Marston

PBR is exactly where I ended up ordering. I think the coin door may be a replacement because it does have a switch and wiring for the button. Could have shipped with that but who knows. Going to convert back to the button either way.

Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshPA.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/late-gottlieb-credit-start-questions?tu=JoshPA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.