11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Acampero
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

This happens on several of my games (I have 7 currently).

It's Multiball, things are crazy, switches tripping everywhere, lights flashing, insanity....

Then a flipper sorta lags once or twice out of 50 flips during the insanity. I swear it's always when a VUK is firing but I could be wrong.

Never to happen again... Until the next stupid long jackpot multiball fest. Not every time, not often enough for me to diagnose, just enough for me to post about it lol.

Anyone else have a flipper glitch out sometimes?

#2 11 years ago

never had this happen

#3 11 years ago

Assuming this is on one of your sterns, I would replace your leaf switch on that side.

#4 11 years ago

Please let us know what games you see this on.

I think I know what it is though. From aprox 1992 and up the flipperbats have been CPU controlled. For good and bad. Good for ease of maintainance and fun stuff like Thing flips. Bad for player control.

I guess what you see is CPU response lack due to the heavy load of a frantic multi-ball.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

VUK is firing

What is a VUK?

#6 11 years ago

Vertical Up-Kick.

#7 11 years ago

From Pinwiki:

Vertical Up Kicker (VUK)
    An area that captures the ball and launches the ball vertically by way of a plunger and coil assembly underneath the playfield, typically through a wireform or off a scoop back onto the playfield or a ramp.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/late-flipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.