(Topic ID: 253269)

Late 1960's-1970's TV Personality and NFL Trivia ???

By Playdium

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Playdium
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

During the late 60's or early 70's, there was a tv personality that did occasional specials that involved him playing in an actual NFL game. It was a bit of a comical series but he portrayed himself as a serious player. I believe he did similar episodes involving other sports as well. Driving me crazy that I can't remember his name. Anybody have a clue?

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

During the late 60's or early 70's, there was a tv personality that did occasional specials that involved him playing in an actual NFL game. It was a bit of a comical series but he portrayed himself as a serious player. I believe he did similar episodes involving other sports as well. Driving me crazy that I can't remember his name. Anybody have a clue?

Super Dave?

#3 4 years ago

George Plimpton.

LTG : )

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Quoted from LTG:

George Plimpton.

“Paper Lion” was a 1968 movie about George playing for the Detroit Loins, starring Alan Alda as George Plimpton.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

“Paper Lion” was a 1968 movie about George playing for the Detroit Loins, starring Alan Alda as George Plimpton.

Paper Lion was also a non fiction book he wrote in 1966.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_Lion

#6 4 years ago

Wow thanks! I guess I'm not the only one walking around with useless trivia in my head.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/late-1960-s-1970-s-tv-personality-and-nfl-trivia- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.