Topic poll

“Which pin of these would have better lastability in a two pin gameroom?”

• Congo 46 votes
    30%
  • No Good Gofers 48 votes
    31%
  • DE Tommy 15 votes
    10%
  • I wouldn't pick any of those, I suggested something else in the thread... 46 votes
    30%

(155 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-292.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

JP is a reasonably priced pin that is difficult and has many modes. Loved mine. Miss it.

Ding ding ding!

This is what I thought of immediately. A layout that is in many ways "similar" to TAF which you noted as a good thing, a really popular machine for new players, difficult enough but not impossible, can easily have longer ball times...

As for your choices, NGG still has some code issues that eliminate it from consideration for me. Congo I just never quite understood the draw of. Tommy I own, but think that JP is by far the superior game to it as it stands right now.

However, no answer is going to be wrong

1 month later
#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Ika:

I'm VERY interested in this observation. JP is superior in what way? rules? I find Tommy rules excellent, actually made a spreadsheet comparing them one by one with TAF (I can share if anyone is interested) and find them an improvement. If JP is that great, I would love to realize that.

I missed this before, sorry, but in short I like JP more than Tommy because...

1) The Tommy video mode, which has no skill in it what so ever, drives me batty. I HATE that.
2) A decent number of the Tommy modes are very similar to one another in the way of feel. They are also very similar to modes on JP - I love DE machines, but DE recycled their code *a lot*. I own JP, Tommy, TFTC and WWFRR, and all four have almost identical modes, you just have to shoot to different spots.
3) JP's toy is amazing. While I like the blinders idea on Tommy, I think the dino is cooler.
4) Multiball progression on JP seems a lot more obtainable than the upper ramp on Tommy, that seems so stupid hard to hit.

I had them both side by side for a while, and Tommy easily left first. I still own it, but it's not in the current "mini arcade."

As for your other question... roadshow, tommy, congo, Jurassic Park, Baywatch, Last Action Hero for me are like this:

JP, Baywatch, Tommy, Congo, Last Action Hero, Roadshow.

I own the first three, and the gameplay on Baywatch is outstanding, but it's ugly as heck. Tommy I just detailed. Congo is okay, but I don't like the geometry of it that much. LAH has very similar rules to JP and Tommy (and TFTC and WWFRR) which I already own, so no need to be interested in that. And finally, Roadshow I have never found a machine that I cannot play for WAY TOO LONG. No interest in that one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 63.95
Trade
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lastability-in-a-two-pin-collection?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.