Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

catapult-coil.jpg
Switch_diode_2.jpg
switch_diode.jpg
switch.jpg
matrix.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sixsixtie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

My machine is at my buddy's place and He texted me a couple weeks back and told me my machine just randomly reset. Next time I got over there I noticed that it wasn't just resetting but it was slam tilting. I immediately disconnected the cabinet slam tilt and bent the coin door slam tilt as far as possible. Those definitely aren't causing it. I tracked it down to these factors that cause it.

1. Up/Down Ramp is in Down position
2. Top green is activated
3. Slam tilt

It only happens when the UP/Down ramp is in the down position. If the ramp is up you can hit top green all day with no problems but the second it's down and you activate top green switch it slam tilts.

Now I am just learning about switch matrixes and all that but I don't fully understand. Slam tilt and Top green are in the same row and down ramp is in the same column as top green. I know that means they're related but I really don't understand how.

When I go into the switch edges test I press the top green and it lights up the slam tilt as well. It also quickly flashes green/red before settling on green/black. Now I know that's my problem but I am lost on what would cause that and what I can do to fix it. I am confident that whatever is wrong I can fix but I am having a devil of a time figuring out what's wrong and what's the root of the problem.

I've also tested the diodes on the top green (it works fine) and the down ramp (it also works).

I should also mention that there was this hodge podge. ( http://i.imgur.com/Qkw7A.jpg ) Where it turns out there was a diode but the leg was broken off and whomever added that dicey wire. I resoldered in a new diode a in4004 iirc. I know for a fact I've never had a slam tilt reset before this. Could this be related?

I'm just hitting the wall right now and I can't figure it out. What's worse is I only basically get to go out to my machine once or twice a week to work on it. So I go out there try a few things it doesn't work and I have to come back home and do more research.

I know posting the same thing over and over is not cool and I promise this will be the last one. But I finally just got a better understanding of the whole problem and I sat down and wrote up a better description of the problem in hopes of greater understanding and hopefully help.

Thanks for everything.

matrix.jpgmatrix.jpg

#3 12 years ago

When counting the pins do you just treat the missing pin like it doesnt exist. I mean the missing one so you know which way to plug in the cable?

Both these cables have 9 pins with one missing pin for 8. You just skip it like it isnt there because it isnt right?
Stupid question I know.

#5 12 years ago

I put it in the same way as it was. I can't read schematics I did however look at this and it looks right from the picture. Ie the stripe is on the same side.

switch.jpgswitch.jpg

#12 12 years ago

Sweet appreciate it guys. Im gonna get out there tomorrow and fix it I feel it. Though if in the meantime anyone with a getaway can snap me a pic of that down ramp switch with the diode placement I'd love it. Though with everything here I can probably figure it out anyways.

#13 12 years ago

Got it done. It was that stupid down ramp diode. Fixed it and we're good to go. I thought I was never going to get this fixed! and didnt have to pay anyone thanks to you guys. Very much appreciate it thanks everyone!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sixsixtie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-time-posting-about-this-i-swear-getaway-slam-tilt-reset?tu=sixsixtie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.