Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

minstrelman.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

The reality is WE don't actually want...

Eh?

Can you take another shot at making a good argument here about what WE want? I'm not saying making good arguments is easy, but I know you can do better...

---

I too love unlicensed themes, and I've NEVER heard anyone make a good argument for why I ACTUALLY do prefer licensed themes, when...

I don't...

I own 19 unlicensed themes, and I'm looking forward to JJP #3.

I could write for pages about why I prefer unlicensed themes, but I'll have to save it for another day. I certainly won't be writing about why you or others do or do not.

-mof

#37 8 years ago

What was the first licensed theme?
    -mof

#43 8 years ago

If the first licensed theme is Wizard in 1975, how did pinball flourish all those years until then without licensed themes?
    The horror...
    -mof

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from mfresh:

For anyone who's interested, I did a fairly loose analysis of whether licensed titles did better than unlicensed ones in the 1990s here:
    http://pavlovpinball.com/does-pinball-licencing-work/
    If you take out the Addams Family, which is a bit of an outlier in terms of the number of units made, the results are quite surprising. (Things have obviously changed since the 1990s, but it's still interesting though I say so myself...

Nice work ...I especially appreciate how you were able to write an article, and raise a few points without telling us what WE want. Remarkable.

-mof

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Sorry, but MMr is a licensed theme. MM was an unlicensed theme from Williams, PPS had to get the license from Williams to make MMr.

LOL, sure -- but for the sake of this discussion it is NOT a licensed theme. It was not an idea/brand licensed from a (Movie, Band, or TV show.)
    -mof

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-non-licensed-original-game?tu=mof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.