(Topic ID: 139778)

Last Man Standing: Was Not possible? Lyman agrees :) THX Lyman!

By Whysnow

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Walkers.jpg
lloydchristmas.jpg
chuck-norris-walker_o_gifsoup-com_1.gif
3fqcrevw.png
image.jpeg
tumblr_lvjfzyZ8Sd1qd3ppyo1_500.jpg
image_1.jpg
IMG_4911.jpg
image.jpeg
images.jpeg
stallonetop.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-09-24_at_6.58.15_PM.png
IMG_0975.jpg

There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 8 years ago

edit: with the new code update it appears Mr Sheets agreed and made some great changes! Looking forwrad to playing this afternoon!

So... Is anyone really making it to LMS on TWD? 100kills is crazy.

i personally woudl really like to see the 2x playfield and the inlane mutiplier to also count for kills. i.e. 2x on and ever kill counts for 2. 18x inlane on a kill shot and = 18 walkers. Do 18x inlane with 2x pf and = 36 walkers dead.

This would be a FUN way to make LMS more feasible and something to shoot for.

What do you say Lyman?

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So... Is anyone really making it to LMS on TWD? 100kills is crazy.
i personally woudl really like to see the 2x playfield and the inlane mutiplier to also count for kills. i.e. 2x on and ever kill counts for 2. 18x inlane on a kill shot and = 18 walkers. Do 18x inlane with 2x pf and = 36 walkers dead.
This would be a FUN way to make LMS more feasible and something to shoot for.
What do you say Lyman?

Best I have ever had is 56 and the best I have ever seen is 73. Is it 100 walkers now? It was 115 before.

Along those lines, I think Siege is actually harder to get than the mini wizard Horde.

#3 8 years ago

I have the record on the local routed pro. 36 or 38, can't remember. I agree that 2x would be a good idea to get the count higher, but still do it skillfully.

#4 8 years ago

There is a change in one of the game settings, to keep minimum zombie targets lit, raise it to 5 or 6 from the default 3, that will increase your hit count.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Best I have ever had is 56 and the best I have ever seen is 73. Is it 110 walkers now? It was 115 before.

116 I think- it's the next shot after all the inserts are lit.

I recently started trying to get it, it might be possible if you get super lucky and only go for walker kills during multiball. going for walkers is actually pretty safe and lucrative, you can get the bonus way up there rather quickly. Hitting 100+ shots while they're lit, though... sheesh!

I think anything that kills a walker on the DMD should spot you a kill. Skill shot, Tunnel and Riot shots, shooting the bicycle girl, prison jackpots... everything.

#6 8 years ago

I would like to see the multipliers used for zombie kills as well! It's damn near impossible as it stands... Wonder if Lyman has been able to do it yet?

As far as changing menu settings go that doesn't really help those of us who play it on route. Would be nice if it was actually achievable on default settings. Maybe lower it from 115 to something closer to 80?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Along those lines, I think Siege

how do you get to siege?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Maybe lower it from 115 to something closer to 80?

I think lowering it would be the cheap fix. You are right that it needs to be fixed in the default for operators and those playing it on route!

Rather than lowering it I would like to se the multipliers brought in. The 2x and inlane x are already such great features in the code of this game, that Lyman should bring it into the walker killing!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

how do you get to siege?

Seige is 10 or 12 zombies killed in prison multiball (10 or 12 jackpots). I'm pretty sure this can be across multiple prison multiballs. It's much, much easier with the doors closed permanently. Hitting that stupid walker head hard enough and recovering the ball during multiball is rough.

#10 8 years ago

This is the best I've done with closed outlanes.

I have made it to Siege once. I've also made it to Escape Terminus once (and lasted all of 10 seconds).

IMG_0975.jpgIMG_0975.jpg

#11 8 years ago

Lets get it made easier for Hilton.

Maybe BangerJ can install a Starpost under the flippers for you.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Maybe BangerJ can install a Starpost under the flippers for you.

Stick a large rare earth magnet on the glass just above the apron.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Stick a large rare earth magnet on the glass just above the apron.

Double rubber those outlanes with 1.5 inchers, you'll get that 100th walker someday!

#14 8 years ago

Don't give me that, We need a code update, shit. When did TWD come out? Last year? How many updates has it gotten? 2 or 3?

On a side note, I'm super surprised all the modders on here haven't been able to replace the ridiculous oversized zombie head in the prison with a properly sized figure or maybe a mold of several figures.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Double rubber those outlanes with 1.5 inchers, you'll get that 100th walker someday!

so you have gotten to last man?

Did you do the old rubberband across the outlane trick and put it on 5 ball again flanker? I thought you knew only sallys do that...

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Don't give me that, We need a code update, shit.

We do need a code update!

Do you remember that Stern specifically promised atleast 2 more code updates when they dropped the last one for TWD???

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I read it as "Don't give me that... we need a code update! Shiiiiit....

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so you have gotten to last man?
Did you do the old rubberband across the outlane trick and put it on 5 ball again flanker? I thought you knew only sallys do that...

No, I just don't complain about it like a little girl asking for new code to cover up poor pinball skills.

#19 8 years ago

Its a tough game, my only issue is will I tighten up the outlanes so my wife enjoys it more.....never started a thread on it though....

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

No, I just don't complain about it like a little girl asking for new code to cover up poor pinball skills.

I am not complaining. I am providing constructive criticism as I would like to see the game improved. If nobody is ever making it to the mode then lets see it get made to be more fun. I really like this game and feel it is only some minor polish away from possibly being one of Lymans true inspiration game changing masterpieces.

I never thought code code turn this game from something I hated into something that is pure joy to play. You know I am not a Stern fanboy, so it carries some weight when I say I really enjoy this game.

I hope Lyman is reading (and more importantly getting code dump metadata) to see what those whom love the game think needs some final tweaking.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You know I am not a Stern fanboy, so it carries some weight when I say I really enjoy this game.

Also carries little weight since you never buy any Sterns yet complain about code and tell the code master to make shit easier. Man up....oh wait, you're a bear fan, you might not know how to.

Might as well get a thread going to make Valinor easier to get to.

#22 8 years ago

I think it would make sense for a made multikill shot to give you multiple zombie kills towards lms.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Do you remember that Stern specifically promised atleast 2 more code updates when they dropped the last one for TWD???

They promised a lot of shit and have not delivered. Don't forget they also said more code for ST and even something for Avengers. WWE development 'seems' abandoned and KISS is proceeding about as slow as every other Stern game.

Rob

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Also carries little weight since you never buy any Sterns

I own a TWDpro and have owned it for about a year now...
Oh yes, also own a Kisspro...

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Don't give me that, We need a code update, shit. When did TWD come out? Last year? How many updates has it gotten? 2 or 3?

Let me guess, you would rather them update Avengers? I don't think so that's gone beyond repair.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I think it would make sense for a made multikill shot to give you multiple zombie kills towards lms.

I like this idea!

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

.. will I tighten up ... my wife ... enjoys it more.....never started a thread on it though....

I would like to see such a thread.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I own a TWDpro and have owned it for about a year now...
Oh yes, also own a Kisspro...

Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 6.58.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-24 at 6.58.15 PM.png

#29 8 years ago

Can we please keep this on track.

reality is that few (maybe Noone) has seen LMS, not even LFS himself?

Safe to assume that the mode was coded with the assumption that people would ocassionally get to it. so that poses the question of what code improvements/polish would you like to see to help the avg to good player see it when they have a blow up game.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

I read it as "Don't give me that... we need a code update! Shiiiiit....

No. I read it as he wants Avengers and other games to get a code update first.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 6.58.15 PM.png

yeah, my pinside collection has not been correct for a long time. I own lots of games that are not on it and a few that are long gone are still there...

#32 8 years ago

could be as simple as dialing down the walker kills to 80, but that would not be as cool as some other things.

multikill lit shots count as walker kills
2x pf doubles walker kills
inlane x also multiplies walker kills

any other fun ideas?

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, my pinside collection has not been correct for a long time. I own lots of games that are not on it and a few that are long gone are still there...

Sloppy

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

could be as simple as dialing down the walker kills to 80, but that would not be as cool as some other things.
multikill lit shots count as walker kills
2x pf doubles walker kills
inlane x also multiplies walker kills
any other fun ideas?

Every time you hit the flipper a walker kill?

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Every time you hit the flipper a walker kill?

lol Thatis what it may take for some people. hahaha

#36 8 years ago

Each pop bumper hit a walker kill?

#37 8 years ago

Just kidding. I have never seen any wizard mode on any of my pins so maybe the rubber band in the outlanes will work for me?

#38 8 years ago

I have never seen any wizard mode on any of my pins so maybe the rubber band in the outlanes will work for me?

Yes, if you want to Hiltonize your game, do it up!

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yes, if you want to Hiltonize your game, do it up!

LOL!!!

#40 8 years ago

i think flanksteak and y snow should settle this feud at explosion. I sense some hostilities...

stallonetop.jpgstallonetop.jpg

#41 8 years ago

ohhhh...

maybe each combo hit counts as 2?
or each combo is also a single kill.

Game just needs a small fun tweak to have yet another layer of strategy.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i think flanksteak and y snow should settle this feud at explosion. I sense some hostilities...

stallonetop.jpg

how about we both just punch you in the nuts and call it good?

I'll let flanker go first.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

stallonetop.jpg

They'll settle it the "usual" way!

#45 8 years ago

Just kidding. I have never seen any wizard mode on any of my pins so maybe the rubber band in the outlanes will work for me?

wait... you have never even been to the WCS final match (germany or whatever the heck that stupid wizard mode is called)?

You may really need rubberbands on the outlanes. Flanker also puts his size small jock in the center drain and then puts the game on 5 ball if you want to flankify your game to the extreme.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

wait... you have never even been to the WCS final match (germany or whatever the heck that stupid wizard mode is called)?
You may really need rubberbands on the outlanes. Flanker also puts his size small jock in the center drain and then puts the game on 5 ball if you want to flankify your game to the extreme.

Oh yeah I forgot about WCS. Ok I made it to that wizard mode but so can a five year old, lol. I also made it to danger room once on xmen.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Flanker also puts his size small jock in the center drain and then puts the game on 5 ball if you want to flankify your game to the extreme.

Tell us about the chair booting incident Mr. Pulse of Pinball.

#48 8 years ago

Well I've never made it to Met Wizard mode, and I'm much better than everyone I've met in this thread

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Tell us about the chair booting incident Mr. Pulse of Pinball.

???? Do tell

#50 8 years ago

Damn is this thread entertaining and I don't even have TWDLE anymore.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-man-standing-not-possible and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.