(Topic ID: 225256)

Last chance to talk me out or in for TNA.

By rai

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 235 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2igmo8 (resized).jpg
E8B65A2B-EAF1-4DF8-9617-BF06955C58EA (resized).jpeg
erniebanks01 (resized).jpg
blacksox01 (resized).jpg
GOTY (resized).jpg
3CED42B0-6C4B-4B84-A7D7-F54F91011B42 (resized).jpeg
41170179_2327060917524263_195271306587930624_n (resized).jpg
BONKOS (resized).png
screen-shot-2018-01-23-at-9-54-59-am (resized).png
D009CC14-B345-41DD-8D03-2B248D0F6DD2 (resized).jpeg
sneetches-1 (resized).jpg
B1F7FFE1-572D-4E48-835F-1388637FEC68.png
download (resized).jpg
51F815BD-4A29-46F9-AA9D-DD30ACE0F130 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 4.50.32 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 4.40.34 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Go for it.
No offense, but your WHOLE (current) collection would be gone before TNA left if it was up to me Rai.
One can only take so much endless multiball.
I humbly suggest that it’s high time to start digging deeper in the pin-crate.
Do it for your sanity.
It’s usually a lot cheaper, carries more cerebral satisfaction when you achieve a new high score and most importantly, makes you a BETTER overall player.
Thankfully TNA manages to scratch both itches (classic solid state sharpshooting and modern multiball frenzy) if you indeed decide to get one and bother to learn it’s various scoring strategies.

seriously? The guy has some incredible pins that are far more interesting than TNA i.e. AFMRLE, AC/DC, MET, DI, WOZ, etc.....all those games have way more going on than TNA....TNA is a really fun pin, but not even in the same league as those other games.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The only thing that TNA shares with the other games is that it's a pinball machine. That's kinda where it ends. And that's the reason why TNA is as good as it is.

True, and I agree its unique and a incredibly fun game....that being said its not in the same league as those other games.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You're right. It's in its own league, and that's not a bad thing.

Not at all....very unique pin...

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve had plenty of time on TNA with the music pumping and have seen all it has to offer.
The game is great, but I’d get almost every game the OP has in his collection before adding TNA.

couldn't agree more....

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

TnA better than all of his others games is absolute bonkers. Jesus the pinside hype meter is insane on this game. I owned it, I get it. It's a good game.
I know everyone has differing opinions but TnA being better than ALL of those classics? [quoted image]

trust me I get it...its a unique and entertaining game, but saying its better than those others games in completely insane ...I think TNA works great in a larger collection....

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

To be fair, this is like the "n"th time OP has posted this question over the last several months. It gets old. Just make a damn decision!

Didn't realize that....the reality is he should just get the game, play it, and then decide if he wants to keep it. My buddy has one and I've played it several times. Was going to order one, but I don't do non-refundable deposits out of principal...

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I guess you could say that Spooky doesn't take orders without a token non-refundable deposit out of principal, too.

I understand their business decision, but in my opinion its not a good one! In start ups (and Ive been involved in dozens) its always a bad business decision to turn away customers at any level. If they were cash strong then deposits would be refundable.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It comes down to speed of production. They don't want to take 400 orders, pay for parts for each, and then have 70 dead-beats decide they don't want the game after all and leave them holding $70k in parts. It isn't a pre-order model... they're simply asking for a small amount of skin in the game. Very, very, small amount of risk for the buyer. Good insurance for the seller.
We just purchased some household finishings. Massive national company that's been around for decades and has a great reputation. Upon order we had to pay 40% up front. Three weeks later items were delivered and the balance was settled. That's a company with strong cash... I don't see an issue with a purchase deposit in any circumstance.
Now. If you're asking me to pay in entirety up front? Go pound sand!

I understand their mentality .... if I was them I would have a priority list...if its non-refundable u jump ahead of the other customers. They should never turn away potential customers, and should figure out a way to capture them, which a non-refundable deposits allows you to do. Sure I am sure some would flake, but I suspect many like myself wouldn't .... just my opinion.

#189 5 years ago

Yep...totally different scenario....Stern is a capitalized company that drives significant revenue, suspect is very profitable, and already has a very large customer base. Not a relevant comparison. Start ups are a totally different deal.

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What customers are they turning away?

I was one of them....they said the deposit was non refundable so I said no thanks...figured I'll just pick up the game second hand or when they actually have games ready to ship....

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Have you ever built a home, done any renovations... purchased furniture? If not, you're in for a rude surprise

Actually dozens of times on the building homes, and renovating existing homes so yes I understand the issue...its all about cash flow

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Perhaps you can offer Spooky 10mil or so in capital so they can never have to not say no to you again?

Not sure I understand your point? My point is a new company should find creative ways to NEVER turn down a potential customer....its business 101....first thing I learned in business school was customer acquisition strategies, and the cost to acquire those customers. For items like pinball is a small market segment so its even more important....nobody is bashing their company...all I'm saying is they can do better....like all of us...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-chance-to-talk-me-out-or-in-for-tna-?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.