(Topic ID: 225256)

Last chance to talk me out or in for TNA.

By rai

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 235 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2igmo8 (resized).jpg
E8B65A2B-EAF1-4DF8-9617-BF06955C58EA (resized).jpeg
erniebanks01 (resized).jpg
blacksox01 (resized).jpg
GOTY (resized).jpg
3CED42B0-6C4B-4B84-A7D7-F54F91011B42 (resized).jpeg
41170179_2327060917524263_195271306587930624_n (resized).jpg
BONKOS (resized).png
screen-shot-2018-01-23-at-9-54-59-am (resized).png
D009CC14-B345-41DD-8D03-2B248D0F6DD2 (resized).jpeg
sneetches-1 (resized).jpg
B1F7FFE1-572D-4E48-835F-1388637FEC68.png
download (resized).jpg
51F815BD-4A29-46F9-AA9D-DD30ACE0F130 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 4.50.32 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 4.40.34 PM (resized).png
There are 235 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 5 years ago

I’ve got my TNA due for production next month.

I’ve played TNA one time really liked it but since then have picked up DI and AFM, them’s the breaks when you are waiting 6 months for a pin. I only played 10-12 games of TNA so it’s just a taste. And did my buying DI and AFM kind of lessen my desire for TNA somewhat?

During the time I’ve been waiting for TNA I also sold LotR, was a great pin but the long time commitment was it’s main fault. This is a big point in favor of TNA.

I want TNA but it’s going to be ‘game over’ for a long time until I can buy another game. So this brings the pressure for TNA to be the last pin for long time.

My pro list
-Spooky, Scott it’s nice to support the little guy
- short games and co-op and multi player and time run mode
- love the lights and music
- something *very different* from my other pins

My con list
- I’ve heard from 2-3 people say they got bored with it *real quick*
- maybe it’s a one trick pony? But sometimes if the one trick is very good that’s all you need.
- one person told me he wanted something different also but found that he doesn’t like different. My example is some people love pins from the 80s and some don’t. It’s possible if all pins were from the 80s I might not be into pinball at all. Maybe I’m into pinball because of the ramps and magnets and toys etc..

#2 5 years ago

does this really need its own thread?

sorry, not sorry...

you have been in, then flipped for profit, then back in, then not sure, then in, then maybe, then for sure in, then ???

I dont think you are going to be happy with this or any pin in the long run, but base don where your collection seems to be going I think you are going to really love this one and it will outlast many others.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, not sorry...

Wysnow, if this thread bothers you just drain it, I don’t need your permission to make a thread or ask for advice last I checked.

Drain away.

If me selling my spot in the past bothers you, I think that’s a you problem.

56D9C651-026C-4BC3-A9EE-41672013DF8D (resized).jpeg56D9C651-026C-4BC3-A9EE-41672013DF8D (resized).jpeg

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, not sorry...
you have been in, then flipped for profit, then back in, then not sure, then in, then maybe, then for sure in, then ???
I dont think you are going to be happy with this or any pin in the long run, but base don where your collection seems to be going I think you are going to really love this one and it will outlast many others.

Oh man, it sucks when someone flips preorders for profit. But then again, if the market has demand for it, its ok?

#5 5 years ago

Sorry rai - I haven't kept up. What other games are you currently considering buying besides TNA?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Oh man, it sucks when someone flips preorders for profit. But then again, if the market has demand for it, its ok?

I don’t see the problem, if other person wanted my spot which put him ahead 6-10 months, time is money.

We agreed to a price we were both happy what’s the problem?

#7 5 years ago

Idk man if you’re still ambivalent about it at this point (I’m assuming you’ve played it a bunch) then it’s probably not for you. There’s loads of choices out there! If it’s not “the one” then keep moving!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Sorry rai - I haven't kept up. What other games are you currently considering buying besides TNA?

Lots of people like Iron Maiden, Munsters could be interesting (or not). MB remake could be an option or just about anything which comes up. For example there was a BM66 up in PA that was to be had for a great deal. I don’t want BM66 but for a good enough price you can’t go wrong with any pin, now if some other pin comes up that’s really priced good I’d jump on it, but once I get TNA can’t do that because I’ll have to sell something else and I’m not ready to sell anything yet.

#9 5 years ago

Sounds like you’re going to regret TNA if you stay in. Tough decision when there’s so many choices.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Idk man if you’re still ambivalent about it at this point (I’m assuming you’ve played it a bunch) then it’s probably not for you. There’s loads of choices out there! If it’s not “the one” then keep moving!

Haven’t played it a bunch. Played it 10-15 games. Was great at the time but can’t tell if it’ll get better in home environment, most of my pins get better when I own them.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Lots of people like Iron Maiden, Munsters could be interesting (or not). MB remake could be an option or just about anything which comes up. For example there was a BM66 up in PA that was to be had for a great deal. I don’t want BM66 but for a good enough price you can’t go wrong with any pin, now if some other pin comes up that’s really priced good I’d jump on it, but once I get TNA can’t do that because I’ll have to sell something else and I’m not ready to sell anything yet.

Sounds to me like you're not really hot to buy any game in particular. Why not just hold your money until you are? TNA's will always be available (there seems to always be someone looking to dump their spot) and The Munsters may be really cool. What's the rush?

#12 5 years ago

The rush is my spot is almost about to be made so I need to decide to keep it or try to sell it. I was planning for it to be ready more like December not September.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Haven’t played it a bunch. Played it 10-15 games. Was great at the time but can’t tell if it’ll get better in home environment, most of my pins get better when I own them.

I get that, it’s gonna be tough to tell until you -actually- get one, unfortunately then

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The rush is my spot is almost about to be made so I need to decide to keep it or try to sell it. I was planning for it to be ready more like December not September.

If the prospect of losing money by potentially selling a used TNA is unacceptable to you, sell your spot and hold your money until you're more confident of what you want to spend it on. Especially since this will be your last game purchase "for a long time".

If not, buy the TNA and focus on enjoying it and the rest of your collection.

#15 5 years ago

There's always the option of selling if it doesn't meet your expectations. TNA seems to do okay in the marketplace, so the hit you'd take seems minimal.

#16 5 years ago

Sell it now if someone wants it. Will be harder to sell off when more are out there.

#17 5 years ago

As you know, you can always sell it.
Looking at your collection though, I think it would be a great addition. A lot of what you have are pins that have long ball times and TNA offers some brutal unpredictable mayhem, which allows a break from the norm.
It works well in my collection.

#18 5 years ago

How is this even a question? Sell your spot and get a Bad Cats Meow

#19 5 years ago

It's super fun, simple yet challenging, and great sound and lightshow plus there really isn't anything quite like it on the market. I say go for it.

#20 5 years ago

Get a TNA, Scott is a good guy and helps support the custom pin crowd. It’s been nice to see him progress to a commercial machine

#21 5 years ago

If you're actually interested for yourself and not just following the pack, I agree, go for it. Myself, I really don't know how much I really like a game until I've owned it for 6 months or so.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

There's always the option of selling if it doesn't meet your expectations. TNA seems to do okay in the marketplace, so the hit you'd take seems minimal.

True, if I can play and enjoy at least 400 games and lose $500 that’s nothing to me well done.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It's super fun, simple yet challenging, and great sound and lightshow plus there really isn't anything quite like it on the market. I say go for it.

This is true.

Quoted from Spinape:

Get a TNA, Scott is a good guy and helps support the custom pin crowd. It’s been nice to see him progress to a commercial machine

This is also true, like to support the pinball culture and new makers.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If you're actually interested for yourself and not just following the pack, I agree, go for it. Myself, I really don't know how much I really like a game until I've owned it for 6 months or so.

I agree too.

I’ll probably go for it, I don’t hear a lot of people say it’s not any good.

I think the timing kind of caught me off guard, I was estimating 20-30 a month but seems as if the last 50-100 have gone much quicker.

I got DI in May, AFM in July and now it’s September and just seems like 3 pins in a short time.

#25 5 years ago

Can you just swap your spot with someone further down line? Perhaps things will get clearer given more time.

#26 5 years ago

Put the spot up for sale. If it sells, then it is done. If it doesn't, then pay in full and enjoy. Kind of like flipping a coin.

#27 5 years ago

Don't buy it!

We would hate to see all these threads finally come to an end.

#28 5 years ago

WTF this thread.....

#29 5 years ago

Buy two, that way you can have the best of both worlds.

Brad

#31 5 years ago

Anytime - you're welcome Bud.

Jim Anderson (resized).jpgJim Anderson (resized).jpg

#32 5 years ago

getout02 (resized).jpggetout02 (resized).jpg
#33 5 years ago

Anytime - you're welcome Bud.

2hvfqm (resized).jpg2hvfqm (resized).jpg
#34 5 years ago

I knew you'd get it o-din. Now the question is whether rai will follow through and do the right thing.

#35 5 years ago

I knew you'd get it o-din. Now the question is whether rai will follow through and do the right thing.

Thanks for hooking me up! To quote Shaun Tomson " I'm just as stoked now as I ever was"

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks for hooking me up! To quote Shaun Tomson " I'm just as stoked now as I ever was"

You're welcome - nice to hear that you're still enjoying TNA! I'm considering getting back in line myself. Like rai, I can't quite decide though - too many choices and not enough funds and space for non-stop addiction fixes.

#37 5 years ago

Sell your spot and never look back.

That game just doesn't have anything going for it other than all the Wisconsin folk around here hyping it up like it's the greatest machine ever made.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to sit back and watch the downvotes pile up...

#38 5 years ago

You want to buy one? I've heard Scott Danesi is Awesome! Maybe you could get him to sign it for you.

Brad

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

That game just doesn't have anything going for it other than all the Wisconsin folk around here hyping it up like it's the greatest machine ever made.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to sit back and watch the downvotes pile up...

I agree, there are not even any ramps on this game. Sell!!!
--Scott

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

--Scott

It technically does have one ramp. I did not find this out till after bought my game. Now I bought a second so I could have 2 ramps.

#41 5 years ago

--Scott

And only one beacon! Alien has two!

Brad

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

It is not often I agree with you, but this is the smartest thing you have ever said!

Rai, please sell the spot. It is the obvious and right decision for you.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

You want to buy one? I've heard Scott Danesi is Awesome! Maybe you could get him to sign it for you.
Brad

Can they just ship me a game with cases of spotted cow and that pinball beer. I had one of those last night and they are damn good!

#44 5 years ago

--Scott

Still waiting on the aftermarket to come up with these cheap pieces of plastic for this game.

#45 5 years ago

My guess Rai is that there is about ZERO chance you are buying this pin

Yet it’s a pretty good way to field offers for the spot

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hell the way I see it, he already made a grand on the first one so he is way up even to start.
I honestly assumed this tread was a way to field offers on this one also.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How is the Jpop litigation going? I haven’t kept up, looking at your collection you were on Predator, Alien and TBL did you lose any money on those also? You seem to be a magnet for failed pinball games.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hell the way I see it, he already made a grand on the first one so he is way up even to start.
I honestly assumed this tread was a way to field offers on this one also.

Highest bidder takes it or else I’ll keep it.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Highest bidder takes it or else I’ll keep it.

boom!

I will offer $500. Hell, the thing does not have any ramps and only 4 actual shots!

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

boom!
I will offer $500. Hell, the thing does not have any ramps and only 4 actual shots!

Highest bidder over my cost.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

There are 235 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-chance-to-talk-me-out-or-in-for-tna-?hl=mackey256 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.