(Topic ID: 225256)

Last chance to talk me out or in for TNA.

By rai

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 235 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2igmo8 (resized).jpg
E8B65A2B-EAF1-4DF8-9617-BF06955C58EA (resized).jpeg
erniebanks01 (resized).jpg
blacksox01 (resized).jpg
GOTY (resized).jpg
3CED42B0-6C4B-4B84-A7D7-F54F91011B42 (resized).jpeg
41170179_2327060917524263_195271306587930624_n (resized).jpg
BONKOS (resized).png
screen-shot-2018-01-23-at-9-54-59-am (resized).png
D009CC14-B345-41DD-8D03-2B248D0F6DD2 (resized).jpeg
sneetches-1 (resized).jpg
B1F7FFE1-572D-4E48-835F-1388637FEC68.png
download (resized).jpg
51F815BD-4A29-46F9-AA9D-DD30ACE0F130 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 4.50.32 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 4.40.34 PM (resized).png
There are 235 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Uh, because I gave him monies for it...

Pics or it didn't happen.

Quoted from iceman44:

What about Stars?

We all have at least one of those. At least some of us do. Great game!

#102 5 years ago

Got my wife's permission (birthday present).

We can close this thread.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

congrats Rai, now ask your wife for your balls back. Just kidding! Everybody seems to love it, good choice

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

congrats Rai, now ask your wife for your balls back. Just kidding!

Or, at the very least treat her to a dinner and a blowj*b...

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

congrats Rai, now ask your wife for your balls back. Just kidding! Everybody seems to love it, good choice

No problem, I did sell my first TNA not because I didn't want it, but there was a killer deal on DI and that helped because I didn't want two pins to come at the same time and I knew TNA was in production anyway so just push myself back 5 months was a win-win.

I bought my AAPL back in the day ($17 is the lower shares but it's a ten bagger for me overall)

#106 5 years ago
B1F7FFE1-572D-4E48-835F-1388637FEC68.pngB1F7FFE1-572D-4E48-835F-1388637FEC68.png
#107 5 years ago

I lost $1500 on XMLE so don't say I don't give back to the community.

I sold LotR (just a few months back at *slightly below market value* because it was a nice guy to deal with and was a no stress deal, cash was for TNA but turned around when the DI was up local at a below market price).

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Or, at the very least treat her to a dinner and a blowj*b...

Once a year Bday present? LOL

I'm now looking for a Stars!

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I sold LotR (just a few months back at *below market value* because it was a nice guy to deal with and was a no stress deal).

We are just busting your balls Rai, no biggie.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We are just busting your balls Rai, no biggie.

It's fine, funny to see Scott say not to buy it, must be that reverse psychology trick.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This whole hobby's been about giving where I come from.

Let's just say it's the hobby that keeps on giving...... away my money.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Once a year Bday present? LOL

Stars? It’s a fun game. Even better when it was $300-$400 everywhere.

Now the mania has pushed the price way up. Amazing how easy that happens in this hobby. Most old SS Sterns were almost worthless 3 years ago. I got my mint Meteor for $700 in LA (one of the more expensive markets) 3-4 years ago. And it was on the Pinside marketplace for months.

There are plenty of solid state games that are as good or better than Stars.

rd

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

There are plenty of solid state games that are as good or better than Stars.

Now I know your shirt is too damn tight.
Undo a button or three to get that blood flowin back to the ol’ grey suitcase.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Then you too, can be one of the cool kids.

sneetches-1 (resized).jpgsneetches-1 (resized).jpg
#115 5 years ago

Stars is Great...but it's no Nine Ball guys

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yikes. If that's what she does for your birthday, I'd hate to see what happens when she's mad at you!

#117 5 years ago

I was looking at a used BM66 for roughly the same price as new TNA, but I didn't have a feel for BM66, played a few times and watched a lot of video but it just didn't strike me as much as TNA does. Ditto ST premium which I thought of re-buying but TNA seems like a much better fit (see the IM v ST v TNA thread).

I've been playing Tron and AFM like crazy lately.

#118 5 years ago

Just put it (TNA) in a room where you can turn the volume up WAAAY past “acceptable” limits to the neighbor two doors down+across the street and you’ll see why TNA is a keeper game.
Otherwise, you might as well be playing Shrek.

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's fine, funny to see Scott say not to buy it, must be that reverse psychology trick.

Not reverse psychology at all. I am actually not kidding around here either. It just does not seem like you are excited by this game, so why would you spend $6000 on it. If I were you, I would sell it to someone who is genuinely excited, but that is just me. No harm done. If you decide later that you like the game after playing it more, you should be able to find a nice home use only one. I am just being honest.
--Scott

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Just put it (TNA) in a room where you can turn the volume up WAAAY past “acceptable” limits

You’re looking for 11.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re looking for 11.

Mine goes past 11.
D009CC14-B345-41DD-8D03-2B248D0F6DD2 (resized).jpegD009CC14-B345-41DD-8D03-2B248D0F6DD2 (resized).jpeg

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Now I know your shirt is too damn tight.
Undo a button or three to get that blood flowin back to the ol’ grey suitcase.

Paragon.

Discussion finished.

rd

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Mine goes past 11. [quoted image]

You and I both know you cannot handle plaid.

#124 5 years ago

Oh the irony of that statement...

#125 5 years ago

Hilarious that the designer of the game actually commented on this thread and said sell it! Haha

Seriously though, you've been back and forth on this game for some time. That alone means unless the market is absolutely on fire you should def pass and buy it later

The market on this game is sinking (Whysnow might even admit that at this point) with a 5900 game just sitting there still so I see no reason why you need to jump in now as these will be readily available.

Do yourself the favor and wait it out. It doesn't seem like a must have for you.

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hilarious that the designer of the game actually commented on this thread and said sell it! Haha
Seriously though, you've been back and forth on this game for some time. That alone means unless the market is absolutely on fire you should def pass and buy it later
The market on this game is sinking (whysnow might even admit that at this point) with a 5900 game just sitting there still so I see no reason why you need to jump in now as these will be readily available.
Do yourself the favor and wait it out. It doesn't seem like a must have for you.

Nope, i just bought another NIB for 6000 plus tax

If anything I think the speed of production has really ramped up. People are not going to pay a premium when they can get in line for NIB and wait a few months.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The market on this game is sinking (whysnow might even admit that at this point) with a 5900 game just sitting there still so I see no reason why you need to jump in now as these will be readily available.

What is with your obsession with the market price for this game? You listed yours at $7k, what, 3 weeks ago? Time to move on, brother!

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nope, i just bought another NIB for 6000 plus tax
If anything I think the speed of production has really ramped up. People are not going to pay a premium when they can get in line for NIB and wait a few months.

Next time give me the $6k, I'll kick you in the shin, then put the money through a shredder

Done and done.

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Next time give me the $6k, I'll kick you in the shin, then put the money through a shredder
Done and done.

troll much?

#130 5 years ago

Not at all. The game is terrible. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. Way too much hype.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Not at all. The game is terrible. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. Way too much hype.

It might not be for everyone but TNA is far from terrible.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

It might not be for everyone but TNA is far from terrible.

All of Spooky's games are trash. I feel like I'm playing one of my son's cardboard pinball machines that he builds, only the experience is WORSE.

#133 5 years ago

Man, talk about a Pinsider living up to/making the most of his handle!

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

All of Spooky's games are trash. I feel like I'm playing one of my son's cardboard pinball machines that he builds, only the experience is WORSE.

Just prepping yourself for when you own your dream theme: Millionaire

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What is with your obsession with the market price for this game? You listed yours at $7k, what, 3 weeks ago? Time to move on, brother!

I don't know - maybe it comes across as an obsession but the pinball market fascinates me. The market on this game has changed significantly so it's been on my radar.

I also love when people who miss the market swings still swear the game is super hard to find at it's msrp. I would say that ship has sailed - this game is msrp and lower.

Carry on.... ; )

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't know - maybe it comes across as an obsession but the pinball market fascinates me. The market on this game has changed significantly so it's been on my radar.
I also love when people who miss the market swings still swear the game is super hard to find at it's msrp. I would say that ship has sailed - this game is msrp and lower.
Carry on.... ; )

I'm not worried about making money or losing money on a pin, $500-$1000 loss is fine. If I was playing in an arcade at $1/play it'd be the same as playing a home pin 500+ plays. While lost $1500 on XMLE, I owned it for 4+ years maybe it was $2/play that was not a great deal, but I have a game like PotC for 11 years and probably sell it for almost what I paid so it was essentially free play.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Carry on.... ; )

Yeah... no. The market can totally swing back the other way in a matter of weeks. To insinuate that somehow this game is in a rapid nose dive is misleading.

So a game is siting unsold. That’s only one example. Only a handful of these have exchanged hands - not nearly enough data points to draw any conclusions. It’s fluid.

Besides, you should lose money in any NIB buy then sell situation... and this game has never been hard to find at (or below) MSRP. Just call Spooky and you can buy one!

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

It just does not seem like you are excited by this game, so why would you spend $6000 on it. If I were you, I would sell it to someone who is genuinely excited, but that is just me. No harm done. If you decide later that you like the game after playing it more, you should be able to find a nice home use only one. I am just being honest.
--Scott

You might be misunderstanding, I am excited about TNA but there is a thing called fear of missing out. By getting TNA I can't get MB, Munsters, ST, Iron Maiden, Deadpool etc..

I would need to sell some other pins, I am filling up my allotment of pins for a long time to come. One year ago when I had a window to get 4 pins (while selling 2) I got Woz, DI and AFM during the waiting period of TNA. If I had got TNA in the beginning of this sequence I'd be on the fence about AFM or DI.

maybe I have a touch of obsessive compulsive disorder. I have more books and comic books than I can ever read in my lifetime but I like to collect things. If I like an author I might buy all his/her books as a collection. Same with comic books or CDs when they were a thing.

A new pinball machine is announced every other month now it seems. I can not by them all they are not like books or comics. There might be 10 pins right now that I'd like to buy, SW, GOT, ST, Maiden, MB remake, TNA there is not just one good pin and that's not even counting older pins like Avatar, BSD, WH20 (etc..) I would like to own. But pinball machines are not like books, you can't buy them all.

TNA is top of the list but it might be a list like 1A, 1B, 1C for some of these pins. (AFM was neck and neck with DI and TNA and Woz). But happens now that 1B, iC and such will not get bought because my cup is full.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hell the way I see it, he already made a grand on the first one so he is way up even to start.
I honestly assumed this tread was a way to field offers on this one also.

uhhh...look at me, I make money by charging others to play my games on location....I'm a white knight

Uhh..look at Rai, he asks for market value on a game he wants to sell...what a traitor

Hilton, why don't you charge 0 cents for your on location games once you broke even on them, how about that.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

uhhh...look at me, I make money by charging others to play my games on location....I'm a white knight
Uhh..look at Rai, he asks for market value on a game he wants to sell...what a traitor
Hilton, why don't you charge 0 cents for your on location games once you broke even on them, how about that.

I will consider it when i break even, lol. More than five years and countless hours of time... pinball on route is not a money maker if you are curious. Still not a single game paid off and still not a single quarter taken out.

Sounds like rai has decided to take delivery which is good. I actually think there is a really good chance he likes tna. It is definately unique amoung his already stellar collection.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The market can totally swing back the other way in a matter of weeks. To insinuate that somehow this game is in a rapid nose dive is misleading.

yeah.....no. The market doesn't swing back the other way in a matter of weeks. Many more of these have exchanged hands then you think and it will continue. Agreed that NIB buyers should expect to lose. It's just that this game was 7k+ just a month ago and now this. It's just fascinating to me that's all.

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

this is a good point, there is a value in something in that what will someone pay for it? I saw Hamilton and said to my wife, look these tickets are going for $1500 each. But we wanted to see Hamilton, we got a season pass at the Kennedy center two years ago just so we would be sure of seeing it. So obviously we weren't selling. But other people really want to see it and if they can't get face value tickets they have 3 choices a) not see it b) pay over face value or c) wait a a LONG TIME until they can get tickets for face value.

If Hilton found that he could charge $2/play and people were still playing just as much (I bet he would charge that), no doubt in my mind. Then I'd could come on a forum and say that's too much, you can't make a profit because it's just not fair. Give me a break.

Hilton wants to be the police of what is acceptable and what is not acceptable. It's OK to sell lets say Tron for $7K but it's not OK to sell TNA for $7K? Why is this? Why Does he get to decide what is ok and what is not Ok?

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will consider it when i break even, lol.

Man, and that sucks to hear. I know from your posts how much blood sweat n tears you're putting into it.

I'm rooting for you but having been over at Rai's, having met him and his family, you could not meet a nicer guy in pinball, Hilton.

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Man, and that sucks to hear. I know from your posts how much blood sweat n tears you're putting into it.
I'm rooting for you but having been over at Rai's, having met him and his family, you could not meet a nicer guy in pinball, Hilton.

Thanks, good to hear you say that. I've sold lets say 12 pins in my day and not once has anyone complained one iota. I never hide anything and my price is whatever the market price is at the time. I even point out little things to buyers and they laugh and say that's such a little thing you can't be serious to think that's even worth mentioning.

If I did make some profits on some pins, that's also balanced by some loss on other pins. I'm not a dealer, I spend money buy and sell at the market price.

When I did sell TNA for a profit, several people were throwing offers at me. I don't really see what the problem is and why some people are butt sore because of it.

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hilton wants to be the police of what is acceptable and what is not acceptable. It's OK to sell lets say Tron for $7K but it's not OK to sell TNA for $7K? Why is this? Why Does he get to decide what is ok and what is not Ok?

i dont give 2 squats that you sold any game for any price. The market will always dictate what sells and at what price.

You comparing me putting games on route, maintaining them well, and charging people to play with you not even taking delivery of a game and making a grand by flipping your spot is laughable. If you genuinely think those are the same, then we are on different planets.

Your intent was to make a thousand bucks for doing nothing and in fact I would say you made that money off the backs of a great company.

My intent with routing pinball is clearly to share something I love with regular people. Prior to myself and friends doing this there were a handful of junky games on route in town. 5 years later and we planted the seed that has grown into numerous hobby operators and one of the highest per capita pinball densities in the nation. Sure it slowly can pay down the costs of games and give me a place to store them, but if you count your time you will stop counting time really quick (it is sad how little pinball can make even in this supposed resurgence.

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You might be misunderstanding, I am excited about TNA but there is a thing called fear of missing out. By getting TNA I can't get MB, Munsters, ST, Iron Maiden, Deadpool etc..
I would need to sell some other pins, I am filling up my allotment of pins for a long time to come. One year ago when I had a window to get 4 pins (while selling 2) I got Woz, DI and AFM during the waiting period of TNA. If I had got TNA in the beginning of this sequence I'd be on the fence about AFM or DI.
maybe I have a touch of obsessive compulsive disorder. I have more books and comic books than I can ever read in my lifetime but I like to collect things. If I like an author I might buy all his/her books as a collection. Same with comic books or CDs when they were a thing.
A new pinball machine is announced every other month now it seems. I can not by them all they are not like books or comics. There might be 10 pins right now that I'd like to buy, SW, GOT, ST, Maiden, MB remake, TNA there is not just one good pin and that's not even counting older pins like Avatar, BSD, WH20 (etc..) I would like to own. But pinball machines are not like books, you can't buy them all.
TNA is top of the list but it might be a list like 1A, 1B, 1C for some of these pins. (AFM was neck and neck with DI and TNA and Woz). But happens now that 1B, iC and such will not get bought because my cup is full.

Have another birthday, get the wife's permission again, and you are good to purchase another machine. Enjoy your TNA!

Brad

#147 5 years ago

Why spend $5k on this new pin that was designed like an old style game with no ramps, etc. when you can spend the same amount on one of the new games today that have more in it.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I would need to sell some other pins

Go for it.
No offense, but your WHOLE (current) collection would be gone before TNA left if it was up to me Rai.

One can only take so much endless multiball.

I humbly suggest that it’s high time to start digging deeper in the pin-crate.

Do it for your sanity.

It’s usually a lot cheaper, carries more cerebral satisfaction when you achieve a new high score and most importantly, makes you a BETTER overall player.

Thankfully TNA manages to scratch both itches (classic solid state sharpshooting and modern multiball frenzy) if you indeed decide to get one and bother to learn it’s various scoring strategies.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Go for it.
No offense, but your WHOLE (current) collection would be gone before TNA left if it was up to me Rai.
One can only take so much endless multiball.
I humbly suggest that it’s high time to start digging deeper in the pin-crate.
Do it for your sanity.
It’s usually a lot cheaper, carries more cerebral satisfaction when you achieve a new high score and most importantly, makes you a BETTER overall player.
Thankfully TNA manages to scratch both itches (classic solid state sharpshooting and modern multiball frenzy) if you indeed decide to get one and bother to learn it’s various scoring strategies.

seriously? The guy has some incredible pins that are far more interesting than TNA i.e. AFMRLE, AC/DC, MET, DI, WOZ, etc.....all those games have way more going on than TNA....TNA is a really fun pin, but not even in the same league as those other games.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

seriously? The guy has some incredible pins that are far more interesting than TNA i.e. AFMRLE, AC/DC, MET, DI, WOZ, etc.....all those games have way more going on than TNA....TNA is a really fun pin, but not even in the same league as those other games.

it is all different for everyone.

I personally own probably 80 games and if you told me today I had to sell all but 1, TNA would be staying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 210.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 235 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-chance-to-talk-me-out-or-in-for-tna-/page/3?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.