12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

hi, I'm in need of some help with my last action hero pinball machine. I have a problem with what I think is a DMD problem. I have a blank display but my playfield seems fine, it all lights up and the coils, crane etc do their usual start up routine, it is normally set on free play but if you try to start a game it does its declined phrase"not to be". Firstly I checked all fuses( unless there is one hidden), I checked under the playfield for problems but nothing apparent. I also tried to scroll through audit and noticed the flippers do work also. I spent quite a bit of time on the power supply board where I did repair a burnt CN1 pin 12, which I am pretty sure was my other ongoing problem of random game resets, everything else seems to be fine though. I am getting 4.94 volts on the dmd controller board. I have spent many hours scouring the whole machine for something that I am missing. I am only a beginner/novice at electronics but I am generally pretty adaptable and have the time to learn, just from this problem I have learnt so much about my machine which I'm sure will help me in times to come. Yes I know you're all thinking just take it to a pinball repairer( at least that's what my missus is saying), but I am 3 hours from my closest repairer and I only have a sedan so that's the last resort. It just feels like it is so obvious, I have downloaded clay's repair pages and have searched the internet tirelessly and have become an alcoholic so I can stop thinking about when I go to sleep. I would appreciate any help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-score-display-blank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.