DSC00002.JPG
006.JPG
153.jpg
146.jpg
116.jpg
2014-08-15 17.16.22.jpg
2014-08-15 17.15.51.jpg
2014-08-15 17.14.32.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shenanigander.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I would like to make a mylar replacement ticket for my LAH. the ones in Europe are sold out it looks like. anyone have a scan of the ticket? let me know. thanks, mike

004.JPG004.JPG
#2 9 years ago

also anyone have any tips on how to make one? print it on mylar you think?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I have a good playfield I'm going to be swapping I could get a scan if you still need it. The field is completely stripped down at the moment. Mike

i did get a scan but if it is not too much trouble having another one would be a great back up if for some reason the other one is not useable. i would really appreciate it! thanks a lot!!! sounds like your LAH will be a beauty once you are done with it!

#7 9 years ago

a friend of mine has lah too and between the 2 of us we think we should be able to pull this project off. a scan, some color matching, some vectoring, some specialized printing and some trial and error.

just need to know if we have it printed directly to mylar? any ideas?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I'll make scan this weekend. Mike

my friend said that the scan we have is actually good so dont worry about it. thanks a lot though!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

For that I'd take it to a sign shop and have it professionally done. They use better material and ink. Something that size shouldn't cost that much.

yes for sure. that is the plan!

#15 9 years ago

i got a sample back from the printer today. i still have to tweak it though. i have to match color better with a metallic finish.

007.JPG007.JPG
#16 9 years ago

the more i look at it the more muddy the ink looks. wonder if i can sharpen that up?

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Is that the scan I sent you or someone else's? I think the only proper way to do it is clean up the art and only print the black section and paint gold with flakes in it over the area first.

no my friend took a higher res pic with his camera that he tidied up in photoshop i believe.
there are some metallic color options my printer has that we will try. you are talking about hand painting in all the gold flake?

011.JPG011.JPG
#22 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Nice! thanks for the heads up!
http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/ticket-overlay-for-last-action-hero-p-2168.html?language=english
Before I order, who else needs one? It's 10 euros ($13) to ship even a single label. If we do a group buy, we can make shipping from germany negligible (I can mail stickers for about a dollar I'm sure).

price says 18.90 euro? how do you get to 23? im confused on what the cost would be if i wanted in on the group buy?

#23 9 years ago

and how the heck is anything that light and thin $13 to ship. i can prob ship the same thing to germany for a dollar!

#24 9 years ago

ours is shaping up to be pretty sweet. completely redrawn vector art and blinged out metallic gold ticket color (better than the bland dull original color)

#25 9 years ago

just got the new ticket in last night!!!!!! my friend spent countless hours completely redrawing the art in adobe illustrator. the detail is so clear and amazing compared to the original which is muddy. he also added in the red highlights from the original art rather then all black. it just looks fantastic!

the art is printed on a metallic gold vinyl which if you compare to the original has more brightness, sparkle and pop! then a mylar finish was applied to the top layer. i haven't stuck mine on yet but i cant wait. i will later tonight i hope. it is MUCH better than the original. great to cover up my ticket wear and also for preventative maintenance.

i was originally stuck on the idea that creating an exact replica was the way to go but once we got going we realized that we could improve upon the original! i just love this thing. i added some photos. take a look. let me know your thoughts! better than the one from pinball center in germany in my opinion!

2014-08-15 17.14.32.jpg2014-08-15 17.14.32.jpg 2014-08-15 17.15.51.jpg2014-08-15 17.15.51.jpg 2014-08-15 17.16.22.jpg2014-08-15 17.16.22.jpg
#28 9 years ago

got my decal applied tonight. filled in my wear spot with hard as nails 1st. looks pretty sweet!

116.jpg116.jpg 146.jpg146.jpg 153.jpg153.jpg
1 month later
#30 9 years ago

well the project is finally complete. with printing delays it took about 2 months.

high detail, red accent, shinny metallic gold replacement tickets now available...(while supplies last)

ebay.com link: Last Action Hero Playfield Ticket Decal Replacement Overlay Pinball Mod Upgrade

compare to the other replacement ticket available here...

ebay.com link: Data East Last Action Hero Golden Ticket Repair Overlay

006.JPG006.JPG

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Matt, Yes this should not be a problem at all. I have one from our second trial run, Mike has this one installed (just prior to the final batch run) and there are no issues with removal. It's essentially a vinyl decal with two laminate/film layers on top.
If you had areas of unfinished wood, wood filler or the like then you might want to seal it first but otherwise you should be good to go. In fact it is recommended to ensure that the area below is filled/repaired so that it doesn't ruin the overlay.
One last suggestion. When trying to apply the overlay you may want to use scissors to trim some of the white paper backing away so that you can see where you will line it up on the playfield. I would even go as far as to remove some or all of the backing and using parchment or wax paper beneath the overlay so that you can align it properly to the PF art. Then slowly pull the parchment paper away while rubbing the overlay down onto the playfield until complete. I would not want to have anyone have to try to pull it up to re-position it.
Remember: "A properly laid overlay is a happy overlay"...
We hope that you like them!

or you can just slap it on and pull it up 3 times before you get it into position like i did

it was very user friendly for me when i wanted to adjust it a couple times. i had just applied maybe a 1/4 or 1/5 of the ticket before pulling it back off and trying again

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from hobbypin:

I've got mine ordered! Who else is ordering one of these?

there are 3 pinsiders paid up and 2 pending i believe. also atomicboy has one coming his way

2 weeks later
#37 9 years ago

that is a beautiful thing!!!!!

4 months later
#38 9 years ago

CLEARANCE TIME! I have a few of these replacement decals left. We will never be running these again.

Pinsider price $20 + $3 shipping

Here is my ebay page with the details on the ticket

ebay.com link: Last Action Hero Playfield Ticket Decal Replacement Overlay Pinball Mod Upgrade

Also see LAH members only thread page 7 for some customer reviews and before and after pics!

7 months later
#41 8 years ago

Hey Guys. Very sorry for the delay. This thread was on my page 2 and I never look that far down.

I have had some interest lately so if there is enough interest to do a run of 10 then I will run it again. Price would be $30 + $2 shipping. (smaller run, cost is higher)

Send me your info and I'll make a list and when I have 10 orders I will let everyone know in this thread. Thanks, Mike

Edit: Forgot to mention that price is in USD

#46 8 years ago

We have 5 ordered. 5 more to go then the run will happen

1 week later
#49 8 years ago

5 more to go!

1 week later
#51 8 years ago

I'll look into the cost for a small run and let you know soon.

#52 8 years ago

Order placed

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballshark:

restore is all but done and this is missing piece.

Got you both covered!

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

i'll take one too please. [email protected] (direct emails only please, no PMs.)

Will do once order is in!

1 month later
#60 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballshark:

I got mine installed. Thanks!

P1040628.jpg

Looks great!!!!!

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I received mine, but my project game is folded up and stored where I cannot get to it right now.
I look forward to installing it sometime in 2016.

Good luck! Get a before and after pic

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Got mind installed last week also. Thanks atariaction, another PF salvaged!
image.jpeg

Love it! Glad to be of service

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from madmatt1:

JOY!!!!! Just got mine in the mail, yesterday. Will post pictures after install; hopefully tonight.
MM
OUT

"Happy happy joy joy" ren and stimpy

#70 8 years ago

Haha! Dont wiz on the electric fence So much better!!!!! Thanks for the pics!

3 months later
#73 8 years ago

Sorry for the late reply. Missed the notification.

5 months later
#74 7 years ago

I have 2 or 3 left. Any takers?

6 months later
#78 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Awesome work on the sticker, btw.
Could you describe the process that's needed to create something like that? Materials? Printing technique?
The end result is really cool.

This should help The original post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-replacement-ticket

1 week later
#80 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Thanks! I had read that.
I mean more detail on the printing technology. Materials, printing appliance etc.
Know what I mean? Thanks!

I think so but you would have to call the printing company to get those answers as I do not have them sorry.

3 months later
#86 6 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I bought one a couple months ago and they are top notch

Glad you like. Thanks for sharing.

3 months later
#90 6 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Sign me up for one! Any Feedback on how they are holding up (i.e. wear, edges peeling, etc.), considering some of the installs are have gotten a workout?

Shoot me a private message if you are interested. I would also love to hear from people how the decal is holding up.

3 months later
#92 6 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Finally installed, looks great!

Sweet glad you like!

6 months later
#94 5 years ago

Hey all. How are your tickets holding up over time? These tickets have been out now for a while so I'm wondering if they are standing the test of time. Let me know thanks!

1 month later
#96 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Still good as new!

Awesome. Good to hear!

1 year later
#102 4 years ago
Quoted from Tbpilot78:

I just got a LAH and guy said it came w a new golden ticket so i looked up replacing it and ended up here before i ever seen machine and i go to add the new sticker and whatta know i believe this is your work!

Nice! Yes that is it. You can see the wear line above it by the scoop. Must have been worn good and the ticket is still holding up well!

I have a few in stock as well if anyone is interested.

6 months later
#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

Still have one of these laying around? I just picked up my LAH last week and am gathering everything to strip it and shop it proper!
Thank you in advance!

Sorry I missed this message. I still do have a few right now if anyone is interested. $30usd shipped.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

Hehe, you got one to me already bud, thank you, looks very nice too! Was easy to apply as well
[quoted image]

Ahhh sweet. Looks great man!!!!!!!!

1 year later
#111 3 years ago

Fresh batch!

20210413_175203 (resized).jpg20210413_175203 (resized).jpg
2 years later
#115 4 months ago
Quoted from kaverne:

mbwalker Fingers crossed he still have some. I guess I'll have to be patient, the topic is not super active but seems to be consistantly revived.
I'll tackle all the other part of the resto before the PF

So sorry for the delay! Very Shenanigandous of me!!! I do have some

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shenanigander.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-replacement-ticket?tu=Shenanigander and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.