Screenshot_20230329_104055_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
180-5118-01 (resized).jpg
20230325_200254 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230323_215247_Chrome (resized).jpg
20230323_221138 (resized).jpg
20230323_221257 (resized).jpg
20230323_221206 (resized).jpg
20230323_221347 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homebrood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 1 year ago

You said the slam-tilt bobber was disconnected, but isn't there at least a couple slam tilt switches. Like on the coin door, and also in the cabinet somewhere or under the playfield? The tilt bob is the tilt mech, not the slam tilt, slam tilt switches are different weighted switches usually on the coin door at least, and or a place or two more. Could there be a slam tilt switch that's not adjusted properly?

Also the DE ball trough is notorious for balls not feeding properly and needing filing smoothing or some people actually put a special insert in there to help the balls roll properly. The switches look normal and adjusted properly to me...

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from kiwasabi:

Do you happen to know where to get the special insert for the ball trough? I've been reading about this issue a lot as well. Some other pinball techs recommended getting brand new balls as well.

Not sure where/who was selling that trough insert, I never really looked into that. My game does occasionally have a hang up in the trough but it's rare so I didn't try to get the insert, also it raises the balls a bit in the trough and I thought it might mess with the switch adjustment, so I thought it wasn't worth it unless I really was having problems which I wasn't. It's basically a thin piece of thin clear plastic that sits in the ball trough under the balls to help them roll smoothly.
New balls can help, as they can get magnetized after a while, especially some of the super glossy ones, and chromium steel balls. Regular carbon steel balls seem to not have the magnetism issue. If the balls get magnetized they can stick together and hang up in the trough. Anway sounds like you're getting there!

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

i used to think the hang was in the trough, like when the crane has locked a ball and multiball just ended and there is no ball on the pf for a while until a ballsearh happens, but i am almost convinced there is something broken in the code and someone else here pointed it out.

I have the custom 1.13 code installed, which addresses some rule issues, and is a great improvement to the gameplay rules also. Not sure if any issue with the ball hangup issues were addressed in that code though. I still very occasionally get a hang up which flipping the flippers a couple times seems to fix for me. Might look and that #7 switch if it becomes an issue

#52 1 year ago

Just to add some clarification, my game has the original Gun and Smart Missile buttons, and I also have both of those connectors, the one with all the orange wires, printer connector perhaps, and also found the other one with the purple orange black and grey wires not connected to anything. My game works 100% so I can add verification that those connectors are indeed normally not connected to anything. I also have the shaker motor installed and working and those connectors to not have any connection to the shaker. Thought it might help eliminate that as an issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homebrood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-issues-with-crane-targets-and-skill-shot?tu=homebrood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.