Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by papazit1963
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

191073.jpg
DSC00664.JPG
DSC00666.JPG
DSC00663.JPG
DSC00661.JPG
DSC00656.JPG
DSC00662.JPG

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I just picked up a nice example of this pin and it is amazing, can't understand the low rating and fact that it isn't more revered as a great pinball machine. In my opinion should be top 20 at least and maybe even top 10, leds, high pitch for speed and good volume with deep rules and cool modes, shaker, the crane. WOW very underrated.

#2 6 years ago

Shhhhhhh it's on my want to buy list!

#3 6 years ago

Trying to get one right now..

#4 6 years ago

LAH is a great Data East title. Wish I could find a nice one locally.

#5 6 years ago

its one of my favs.

#6 6 years ago

I bought the one out of the data east lobby back when they shut down. Fun game.

#7 6 years ago

Here's some pics of mine, I still have to do the GI light's on the left side, a lot of stuff to remove for that but it will be worth it. Had to use premium non ghosting on the inserts really bad without it. Great game.

DSC00656.JPG DSC00661.JPG DSC00662.JPG DSC00663.JPG DSC00664.JPG DSC00666.JPG
#8 6 years ago

game gets pooped on by the pinballer types ( the TZ/TAF/WH20 crew)... its a blast! great game... sold mine a while back to make space,,,, regret it..... YOU WILL have fun with it!!! let them keep poopin on it so I can get one back at a reasonable rate! HA

the ALT translate is probably a must if its a keeper in your collection though!

#9 6 years ago

Do they make a different translite for it?

#10 6 years ago

If you find you like DE games then WWFRR is a must! By far the best DE IMHO! I miss the one I had! I need more time on LAH sometime to see how it stacks up.

#11 6 years ago

more games need the smart missile

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Do they make a different translite for it?

ebay.com link » Last Action Hero Pinball Alternate Translite New Art

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you find you like DE games then WWFRR is a must! By far the best DE IMHO! I miss the one I had! I need more time on LAH sometime to see how it stacks up.

LAH has magnets!(3) , a shaker, and a Gun shooter! and what other game has a SMART missle?

#14 6 years ago

The alternate translite looks fantastic. I am getting rid of mine and am regretting the decision. Only thing I don't like is the outlines. Great game!

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

lol, That one might be worse!! or not...

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can buy one right now for 2500 I went and tried it, very comfortable feeling the only issue is the theme but I'm thinking about it. I appreciate you're input, the call outs seem like they would get monotonous very quickly.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

I've got one and it's really nice.

#18 6 years ago

The dmd animation is one of the best in pinball and all the action sounds are great.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

what other game has a SMART missle?

The Data East that's better than LAH?

Post edited by Aurich : Derp, wrote Stern when I meant Data East. Same diff!

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

what other game has a SMART missle?

Jurassic Park.

#21 6 years ago
played this at allentown show not impressed with JP

Quoted from Aurich:

The Stern that's better than LAH?

STERN?

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Already fixed it.

i thought the JP was boring it was like T2 and LW3 with a much more dull colored playfield . i do like the back glass.

#25 6 years ago

JP is Data East's Addam's Family.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

i dont find TAF boring!

#27 6 years ago

Last Action Hero certainly is fun to play. Best part is probably the entirety of M-Ball, including the sudden interlude into 6-ball play and the unintentionally hilarious intro (Jack Slater shoots someone followed by the loudest noise possible).

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Except JP is more linear than TAF and it's Data East..

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I can buy one right now for 2500 I went and tried it, very comfortable feeling the only issue is the theme but I'm thinking about it. I appreciate you're input, the call outs seem like they would get monotonous very quickly.

I love the game, tons of stuff to do. I don't see mine leaving anytime soon. But $2500 is a super high price for the title. I got mine for $1200 in great shape. I have seen them sit at $1800. maybe one day when it starts getting some love it will be a 2G + title.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

DESW feels more like TAF to me.

#31 6 years ago

I regret selling my LAH. I played the hell out of it, and still my favorite DE game. Nice score Hazoff, at least I can play it at your place.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That is WAY too much IMHO. Should be around 1500 US in midwest for a WWFRR. 1700 at tops.

#33 6 years ago

last action hero deep?
light scoop, shoot scoop.
rinse and repeat till you get to wizard mode.

#34 6 years ago

I just recently got one of these too and it blew my mind. I worked my way up to this pin. I was ready for a pin that had depth of software and rules. I really feel like Ive got that now, loving the hell out it.
I find myself multi tasking and changing strategy on the fly. The modes are fun, and they are motivating as they are the path to a good score.

Only issue so far, I am in process of fixing my magnets, multiball feels a bit empty without them.
This is my first DE, and I have to say I really like it so far. Fun learning about a new platform. honestly LAH feels as good as a modern Stern.

Does anyone else feel like the rollover lanes are hard to hit? I find them a bit underutilized as the ball rarely goes up there and not hit the crane shot.

#35 6 years ago

Maybe more games need the danger bar behind the drops to make it harder to drop them all

#36 6 years ago

It is a good game. Where were all you LAH lovers when I was selling mine? It took me over a month and ended up letting a really nice one go for the cheap.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

More linear? Well...I guess the first mode is locked, but other than that it's not any more. Plus, more modes than TAF!

#38 6 years ago

Its an awesome game. I was not even looking for one and now would not sell it.

Quoted from silver_spinner:Last Action Hero deep?
You could say that about a lot of games. That's trying to beat the game not play it. I could shoot the chair on TAF and just tour the mansion for example, not as enjoying as playing it though.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

You could say that about a lot of games. That's trying to beat the game not play it. I could shoot the chair on TAF and just tour the mansion for example, not as enjoying as playing it though.

Agree...always hear people talking about starting modes & timing them out to get to the wizard mode...seems like such a waste. I always try to play the modes thru...much more enjoyable that way! LAH has some great modes all around...they do a great job of varying them so you have to hit shots all over the table.

#40 6 years ago

I struggled to get 1200 18 months ago.

#41 6 years ago

I have been wanting one of these since I started the hobby, if anyone in my area has one, let me know

#42 6 years ago

I have owned DATA EAST STAR WARS . Still one of my favorite pinball machine. I just hate the way DATA EAST stapled the G.I. lights underplay field. It is a total pain in the ass to change a 44/47 light bulb .You have to take apart the damn playfield just to get to a socket . Other than that DATA EAST put out some fun machines.

#43 6 years ago

Anyone has magnet issues or had it and fixed it? It's easier to break the enigma code than to solve the blasted magnet problems in this game.

#44 6 years ago

Join the LAH club here! It's an amazing machine, I think it's more fun that Jurassic Park and most certainly and under-rated or maybe under-appreciated game.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

Last Action Hero deep?

Yeah, if you timeout the modes. But if you're not in it for the gameplay, then I can see you not liking the title.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Anyone has magnet issues or had it and fixed it? It's easier to break the enigma code than to solve the blasted magnet problems in this game.

put in the godzilla of moffsets http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=266

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Did you check the fuses under the playfield...that was my issue...put new 3A slo-blo fuses in mine & the magnets do some crazy shit to the ball during MB!

Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I think it's more fun that Jurassic Park and most certainly and under-rated or maybe under-appreciated game.

I completely agree! I had JP for about 3 months & was ready to let it go...the variety of modes is better on LAH...and I know they're fixing it w/ code updates but I hate the Stampede mode on JP...to always have to start there drove me nuts!

#48 6 years ago

Thanks tried all of that...2 new boards, one from Tony at GLM, the other a Stern updated one both had the mosfet. The issue is with the magnet locking on and staying on till the fuses blow.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from dj_xwing:

I completely agree! I had JP for about 3 months & was ready to let it go...the variety of modes is better on LAH...and I know they're fixing it w/ code updates but I hate the Stampede mode on JP...to always have to start there drove me nuts!

I just found a lot of the modes on JP unattainable, and I don't like that. No matter how good you are, a lot of them were luck. I feel that with LAH if you're a good shot you can be successful, it's not a flow game by any means, it's pure shot, goes good with my WCS94.

#50 6 years ago

Not a huge fan here, for what it's worth. Did not like pretty much anything about it. Has a lot of features but the theme stinks. I found the game play poor and the ease of multi ball annoying.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
Boards
PinSound
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside