• Latest reply 2 years ago by trueno92
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

145611-i.jpg
#1 9 years ago

So I just picked up a LAH the other day. The only thing wrong with it during my test runs playing it were that the A and N drop targets were missing. Nothing else. Now that I have it home, I have played a couple of games on it and have noticed some really weird behavior.

1. I am awarded random death saves for 3M.
2. Occasional resets following a loud hum coming through the speakers.
3. Whenever "Chicken" is shot, the ball roll out coil fires and the game tries to plunge a ball that isnt there.
4. On the double jackpot shot, the crane is only moving to the middle of the playfield, not the left side completely, before dropping a ball.
5. During Crane Runaway, if I lock a ball on the left side of the playfield, it is released as soon as the second ball is plunged with no multiball start. The lock is still lit after this happens.
6. Right sling doesnt work, but the wire under the playfield came loose. I can get that, at the least.

What I've done so far:
1. Reseated all connectors and made sure that all chips are seated firmly.
2. Run through the diagnostics to make sure the crane can get from left to right and verified that the left and right crane switches are registering.

What else should I be looking for here? I'm kind of at a loss here.

Thanks!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#3 9 years ago

Went into diagnostics and did the switch test. Pushed all of them down individually with my finger. No other switches other than the ones being pressed were being shown as activated.

Now, what I have isolated, is that the death save is awarded following the completion of the first mode played, regardless of what it is. However, if I have stacked two modes such as To the Roof and Blow Out, at the completion of those two modes running simultaneously, the death save is NOT awarded.

#5 9 years ago

#2 may be a burnt connector on your power supply board. I had a problem with my game restarting during game play and replacing that connector fixed it. Here's what you're looking for.

145611-i.jpg145611-i.jpg

#6 9 years ago

So random Death save? The first thing I would have checked is the switch in the trough, the one right under the middle drain...if this is flaky the game will think the ball has drained but after another switch is activated it will award the 3 mill death save and continue the game. The crane issue can be fixed by loosing the allan key screw at the base of the crane and adjusting it as it sweeps back and forth.....fix those and report back.

#7 9 years ago

#5. Does your machine sometimes act like a ball is missing right after a multiball? If so, I wonder if the trough switch is bad which causes the machine to think that a ball is missing and so it releases the locked ball to replace it.

#8 9 years ago

Only does death save on the first switch hit immediately following the completion of the first mode of the game! Thanks everyone for your replies. The crane is working again, suddenly. However, still dealing with the death save. All of the trough switches seem fine. No sticking, etc...

#9 9 years ago

Okay... So I have most of these solved except for crane runaway. When I said the crane was working in my last post, I meant in terms of movement. The ball is still being released as soon as it's locked. Another ball is plunged from the plunger lane as this happens, so I have two balls in play when I shouldn't. Could this be a chip issue??

Halp.

#10 9 years ago

Still sounds like a trough issue, as it sounds like the game is looking for balls, you said you did test all the switches in the trough?

Did you test them with balls or with your finger? Use balls.

#11 9 years ago

Yes I used balls. In diagnostics, I clear the trough and let them drain back down. Says 6 balls remaining as it should. Playfield status is normal on that screen.

#12 9 years ago

I mean there's no time between ball launch and ball release from the lock. At times, the locked ball is released before the ball is even kicked out of the trough.

#13 9 years ago

Is the lock functioning correctly in the solenoid tests?

#15 9 years ago

Are the two lock switches in the blue plastic tar pit ramp working in diagnostic mode? If it thinks a ball is in there it could do some strange things.

7 years later
#16 2 years ago
Quoted from ShootForSlrValue:

Only does death save on the first switch hit immediately following the completion of the first mode of the game! Thanks everyone for your replies. The crane is working again, suddenly. However, still dealing with the death save. All of the trough switches seem fine. No sticking, etc...

My game also does this.... only on the first switch after the rippers blowout mode... hmmm

2 weeks later
#17 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

My game also does this.... only on the first switch after the rippers blowout mode... hmmm

Updated the rom, looks like the death save after completion of blow out is normal in older roms

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.