• Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LAH magnet (resized).png
20190706_224322 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sir_keensworth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have recently rescued a LAH that was sitting in my dads car port that hasnt been working for over 10 years. Slowly i have been fixing it up, but now ive hit a dead end and im not sure how to fix the last few problems, so if anyone can give me some insight it would be greatly appreciated!

The Trigger to launch the ball always adds another player to the game and by the time you get to the 3rd ball it resets the game. 2 people have a quick look at the problem, one tells me there is a wiring problem, the other tells me its a board problem.

The Ripper shot no longer works. it did for the first 2 games, but seemed weak and then stopped. i replaced the shot thinking it was just old and worn out, but still doesnt work. i havent looked into this problem any further as of yet.

Magnets dont work. i have checked the fuses and replaced the 3 triodes in the heat sinks, but still nothing. Could it be the magnets themselves that are not working?

Any info or ideas that anyone has on these problems would be very helpful, thanks!

#5 4 years ago

Switch test mode doesnt show me any problems when i push the switches individually, but when i activate the launch trigger (8) and shooter lane (16) it seems to activate the Plumb tilt, 4th coin, credit button, right coin, center coin, left coin. (switches 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) ive also found that when i hit the right flipper (64) and the shooter lane (16) it activates the Scoop Spinner (59), but while playing a game it can also activate middle right scoop (58) and Smart Missile (62). My old man has taken the coin mechanism out to use in another machine, that shouldnt be causing any problems though right?

As for the magnet board are you able to provide a link for one just so i can make sure i get the right one?

#11 4 years ago

Thanks to everyones help ive been able to fix the switch matrix problem and have made progress to the magnets and ripper not working. What ive discovered now is that whenever i replace a fuse to get either the magnets or the ripper working, that once its used it blows a fuse somewhere else. eg. replacing a magnet fuse causes a ripper fuse to blow and vise versa.
Any more info as to why this is the case?

#13 4 years ago

2 diodes were no good and 2 switches were wired the wrong way around

#14 4 years ago

Magnets and ripper both working together now, got a new magnet board since ive seen from multiple places that the original is pretty crap. thats done the trick!
Thanks everyone for your help!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sir_keensworth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-help-2?tu=sir_keensworth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.