• Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LAH magnet (resized).png
20190706_224322 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

switch matrix problem

Sounds very likely to me too.

Far as some of the coils not firing, continuity test all the fuses with a meter that are on the power supply (top left board) and the PPB (lower left board).

#6 4 years ago

I am using the original DE LAH magnet board with zero issues. Yes, at some point a person can have one of the transistors lock on and blow a fuse or heat the solder up so much that the transistor just falls off the magnet board into the cabinet. That is why I replace all 3 when I work on games that have this magnet board and making sure having the last game ROM installed. No issues after such repair.

#8 4 years ago

I had a very similar switch matrix issue with my LAH. I just don't recall the switches that were registering when they shouldn't had. I do remember my smart missle button was not even registering. I found a broken diode on this remote diode strip shown in the picture just below the right flipper button.

Since you don't have the exact switches acting up, you may have one of the other ones broken. If not any of the three, then it may be on another remote diode strip mounted on the underside of the playfield.

Make sure you tug on the diodes as it may look they they are connected, but may be broken like mine was.

20190706_224322 (resized).jpg20190706_224322 (resized).jpg

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Sir_Keensworth:

Magnets dont work. i have checked the fuses and replaced the 3 triodes in the heat sinks, but still nothing. Could it be the magnets themselves that are not working?

Make sure that you have CN1, CN2 and CN3 plugged in at the top right of the MPU board. The signals for the magnet come from those 3 connectors as to when they should activate.

LAH magnet (resized).pngLAH magnet (resized).png

#12 4 years ago

What was your solution for the switch matrix issue?

Time to test the transistors for shorts that drive the ripper. There will be a Tip36c on the PPB for power to the coil and a TIP122 on the MPU that would make it fire.

Since you have the 2 boards out, best to test all the transistors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 18.95
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-help-2?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.