New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 189235)

Last Action Hero Fuse question

By PinballHog

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinballHog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LAHshakerSS (resized).png
LAHflipperboardSS (resized).png
IMG_7714 (resized).JPG
IMG_7713 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Does anybody know the Fuse sizes for the 4 Fuse on the flipper board and the board I think that controls the shaker motor? My game only has 2 Fuses on the shaker motor board but there are 3 Fuse holders. Should there be a 3rd Fuse or just 2? Also there is a Fuse on the bottom on the playfield at the very back. It is in line with the crane motor. Anyone know the size of this Fuse? Thank you for any info. I can't seem to find these fuses in the manual. Maybe I'm just missing it but I've looked 3 times now.

IMG_7713 (resized).JPG

IMG_7714 (resized).JPG

#2 3 years ago

The schematic shows the flipper board fuses are 3A. Convention usually means fast blow if undesignated, check your documentation to be sure.

LAHflipperboardSS (resized).png

Shaker motor shows 2.5 amp, in all three positions.

LAHshakerSS (resized).png

Crane motor is on the same page as the shaker but no rating given for the fuse. I'll keep looking.
EDIT: I don't see a rating for it. You can barely see it in the second screenshot. It's at the upper left and goes over to CN6 +12v dc. You might have to measure the current while it's running and see how much it draws. It's not a very big motor, I'd be surprised if it pulls more than 3 amps. If you measure it I would watch the current as I slowed or stopped the crane with my hand and size the fuse so it will blow if the crane encounters resistance. Example, if it draws 10 amp in normal operation but 30 when you stop it with your hand an 15 amp would be appropriate.

Or you could find the LAH club thread and ask one of the owners.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in

#3 3 years ago

Thank you so much. My crane has a 1A slow blow in it. If anybody knows if that's right let me know.

#4 3 years ago

I found the schematics last night on ipdb but I couldn't get but like 10 pages to download on my iPhone before it would crash the download. I tried on my iPad this morning and got all of the pages to load. I'm like you I'm still not seeing the fuse size on the crane.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
2,800 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Louisville, KY
Boards
PinSound
$ 25.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Springfield, MA
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside