F6890242-4B97-47CC-B24A-98AE634831AA (resized).jpeg
3BA94854-FC5C-4C82-AC6A-647499237892 (resized).jpeg
EFD94039-6BE4-440E-9ACA-385BC21024DB (resized).jpeg
A0C003B2-7277-419C-BC1B-376E2C224162 (resized).jpeg
E6B3F6D3-6979-42FE-93E4-E97203B493F0 (resized).jpeg
FC44DDC8-BC55-4EDD-B128-FB371EC9C44C (resized).jpeg
5AD47E66-9DE7-4C25-8318-5953AD6B4210 (resized).jpeg
7367E73D-2FFC-4409-8B73-AB1BB5C0A86B (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

Last Action Hero for Sale NYC

Added: 2018-06-05 18:22:57 UTC • Ended: June 21st, 2018
Condition: Functional - needs minor work

Price

$ 2,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

Here's a nice Last Action Hero. $2500.

Works and plays great except magnets aren't working. Board is missing. Repro replacement on the way.

Crane and all other features work great. I've probably put 100 games or so on it so no "I just set it up, played 2 balls and now it's for sale" surprises.

Not looking for trades I need space.

Playfield and cab are both very nice. Game was in home use for last couple of decades according to former owner. Nice and clean inside and out. Topper present and working.

Pickup in NYC 10001 zip, or shipping via NAVL.

Item photos

7367E73D-2FFC-4409-8B73-AB1BB5C0A86B (resized).jpeg
5AD47E66-9DE7-4C25-8318-5953AD6B4210 (resized).jpeg
FC44DDC8-BC55-4EDD-B128-FB371EC9C44C (resized).jpeg
E6B3F6D3-6979-42FE-93E4-E97203B493F0 (resized).jpeg
A0C003B2-7277-419C-BC1B-376E2C224162 (resized).jpeg
EFD94039-6BE4-440E-9ACA-385BC21024DB (resized).jpeg
3BA94854-FC5C-4C82-AC6A-647499237892 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are CrazyLevi's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to CrazyLevi's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

New York, NY, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#2 5 years ago

Hi Levi, if all 3 of the IRL540N transistors are good on the magnet board take a look at the Tip36C transistor at Q1 that is associated with the magnets and the ripper. GLWS

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Hi Levi, if all 3 of the IRL540N transistors are good on the magnet board take a look at the Tip36C transistor at Q1 that is associated with the magnets and the ripper. GLWS

The ripper works fine. That means it's probably the transistors on the mag board?

#4 5 years ago

If one of my family members in Staten could grab it ,I would buy it for sure,but all so busy / looks nice

#5 5 years ago

Q1 on the ppb board is easier to check 1st but also check those 3 transistors on the magnet board. I am in the process of dealing with the same issue. I ordered the 3 transistors for the magnet board and replaced them. Magnets worked for 1 multiball then F9 fuse blew which is the magnets and ripper. I looked it up and found that Q1 is the associated transistor and used the dmm on ohm setting and found that my Q1 was blown open. The other 2 culprits can be a bad ripper coil or bad diode on the ripper coil but since your ripper works check Q1 1st.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Q1 on the ppb board is easier to check 1st but also check those 3 transistors on the magnet board. I am in the process of dealing with the same issue. I ordered the 3 transistors for the magnet board and replaced them. Magnets worked for 1 multiball then F9 fuse blew which is the magnets and ripper. I looked it up and found that Q1 is the associated transistor and used the dmm on ohm setting and found that my Q1 was blown open. The other 2 culprits can be a bad ripper coil or bad diode on the ripper coil but since your ripper works check Q1 1st.

Thanks Crispy!

#7 5 years ago

My pleasure, good luck!

#8 5 years ago

Levi, I happened across a Tip36c transistor and replaced the Q1 on the PPB board. I powered up and the F5 fuse blew instantly rendering the flippers and 50v coils useless. I unplugged the magnet board and tried again and everything works including the ripper. I had no idea to check Q1 on the PPB before I replaced the magnet transistors so just giving you a heads up. I removed the magnet board and tested the transistors and confirmed that I blew all 3 when trying them with a blown Q1 in!! Of course when I ordered the IRL540n's online they came in a package of 5 so I will have to order again! Yay pinball!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Levi, I happened across a Tip36c transistor and replaced the Q1 on the PPB board. I powered up and the F5 fuse blew instantly rendering the flippers and 50v coils useless. I unplugged the magnet board and tried again and everything works including the ripper. I had no idea to check Q1 on the PPB before I replaced the magnet transistors so just giving you a heads up. I removed the magnet board and tested the transistors and confirmed that I blew all 3 when trying them with a blown Q1 in!! Of course when I ordered the IRL540n's online they came in a package of 5 so I will have to order again! Yay pinball!

the woes of troubleshooting. Good luck

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Works 100 percent and plays great except magnets don't seem to be working.

#11 5 years ago

The games works 100 percent except for what doesn't work.

Hey at least I tell you. Not sure if you've ever bought games around here but most 100 percent working games have tons of problems that haven't been mentioned.

#12 5 years ago

Just doesn't make any sense advertising the game works 100% when a main gimmick is busted AND the magnets are a big pain in the ass to fix.

But, if anyone else is looking to buy 100% working games with non-working magnets, I have a Twister I'll sell you.

#13 5 years ago

Interested but not sure what the NAVL cost to send it to upstate New York would be (Ogdensburg) so I could pick it up over the border. Anyone have an idea what that cost would be?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just doesn't make any sense advertising the game works 100% when a main gimmick is busted

It makes sense to me. And I'm pretty sure the crane is the "main gimmick" as I played this thing for 2 weeks before I realized it had magnets and they weren't working.

Quoted from Murphelman:

Interested but not sure what the NAVL cost to send it to upstate New York would be (Ogdensburg) so I could pick it up over the border. Anyone have an idea what that cost would be?

Probably around $350-400 to ship to upstate NY. Maybe Fast Eddie would bring it up there.

#15 5 years ago

Whatever man. You're advertising the game is working 100% when that's not true. That statement wouldn't even be true IF the magnets were working since a drop target is broken. If you were being upfront and honest, the ad would begin like this:

"Magnets don't seem to be working. No idea what it is I haven't looked into it. Magnets I guess are supposed to throw ball around like Addams Family (fitting as game fits usual mid 90s DE TAF ripoff mold) but plays fine without it."

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Whatever man. You're advertising the game is working 100% when that's not true. That statement wouldn't even be true IF the magnets were working since a drop target is broken. If you were being upfront and honest, the ad would begin like this:
"Magnets don't seem to be working. No idea what it is I haven't looked into it. Magnets I guess are supposed to throw ball around like Addams Family (fitting as game fits usual mid 90s DE TAF ripoff mold) but plays fine without it."

Nobody gives a shit bro. When you sell a game, you can do it how you want. If you'd like to buy this one and then sell it, you can do it however you want.

Also, I'd like to point out the Last Action Hero for sale is now 110% working except for the magnets and one broken drop target.

#17 5 years ago

Is it minty though

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody gives a shit bro. When you sell a game, you can do it how you want. If you'd like to buy this one and then sell it, you can do it however you want.
Also, I'd like to point out the Last Action Hero for sale is now 110% working except for the magnets and one broken drop target.

And when you list a game with a forum topic I can chime in and say whatever I want, "bro".

Not cool to outright lie.

Bump

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

And when you list a game with a forum topic I can chime in and say whatever I want, "bro".
Not cool to outright lie.
Bump

You must be great at parties.

#20 5 years ago

Damn. Sucks being in Canada. Shipping plus border tax just doesn't make it sense for me. Good price on the game though. Drop target is a $3 fix. Magnet not an issue. it sucks anyway. GLWTS.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Damn. Sucks being in Canada. Shipping plus border tax just doesn't make it sense for me. Good price on the game though. Drop target is a $3 fix. Magnet not an issue. it sucks anyway. GLWTS.

I just got back from Canada and it does not indeed suck! The Great White North has many charms.

Except for expensive pinball machines and all the Canadian music the govt. forces the radio stations to play.

#22 5 years ago

how do I get a hold of " fast eddy" ?

#23 5 years ago

never mind I tracked him down, great guy!!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

never mind I tracked him down, great guy!!

Eddie is the man.

And I've replaced the broken drop target with an old Simpsons one. Game is 100 percent working (except for magnet feature) again!!! BOOOM!

2 weeks later
#25 5 years ago

Hey I think I figured out why the magnets aren’t working!

Have a replacement board on the way will likely put back up for sale once it's installed.

F6890242-4B97-47CC-B24A-98AE634831AA (resized).jpegF6890242-4B97-47CC-B24A-98AE634831AA (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-for-sale-nyc-?hl=pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.