You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dmd screen grab2 (resized).jpg
dmd screen grab1 (resized).jpg
dmd screen grab3 (resized).jpg
dmd screen grab4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ts4z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

I think your display is outgassing. This is how they go when they have burned themselves up. On screens with a lot of dots lit, some of them don't light.

Might be low voltage; a higher voltage would help the display be useful for a little longer. I don't have the schematic for that board, but you should check the test points against the schematic.

1 month later
#14 7 years ago

The batteries are a red herring, but if you're getting a message about that, it might make sense to look for corrosion on your MPU board before it gets worse. Does it reset the scores when this happens? In any case, this is *not* causing your display problem.

I would be a suspicious of the power supply. I know it's new, but I have heard tales of aftermarket power supplies, particularly Rottendog, not being quite right in some games. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where you'd get a stock power supply, or that it would fix your problem. If you had another DE game of similar vintage, I'd swap them to see what happens. Ultimately, the question is whether or not the power supply (and basically nothing else) is putting out enough oomph to make the display work. Usually this is a low-voltage condition or the display is bad. Since the display is known good (and even if it's "new", test it in another game to be sure) that leaves the power supply.

You might also check the voltages on the display. I guess it's possible that there's an excessive voltage loss in the harness.

I might investigate an LED display. These should be a lot less picky about power supply.

#17 7 years ago

Thanks for following up! This is helpful to know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ts4z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-dmd-question?tu=ts4z and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.