20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider youpapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3230 1 year ago

Hi All!

Pretty new to the pinball scene. Just picked up a LAH after looking around for a year as to what I like. This game has a ton packed into it and I remember watching this movie with my brother when I was a kid, listening to the soundtrack, very sentimental. Anyway. I'm starting to realize the person who owned it before me had no clue what was going on with the machine or even what was in it. The ad said "works as it should" "LEDs throughout"... stuff like that. I counted 6 LEDs and there are certain combo shots that aren't working. I started finding switches and parts on Marco to rebuild the double scoop and I'm in the middle of that right now. I was replacing the bulbs last night with LEDs and I noticed two things. I have a board for the bulbs for the lane lights which is cracked, labeled part number 520-5067-06 which I cannot find anywhere online but I might be able to save with some creative soldering. The part I'm REALLY looking for is the Power Scoop Assembly labeled 500-5691-00, as mine was swapped out with a different scoop and is blocking one of the lights from Benedict's Eyes. Does anyone have a resource for parts like these that can't be found? Even like a junkyard of Data East machines that you can go and pick parts off of? My only hope right now it seems is to wait for Pinfest and keep checking Ebay.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions!

Youpa

#3232 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

post some pics? maybe we can get creative with some repairs.

So attached are 4 images - The two of the lane light board (520-5067-06) I used a pen to indicate the same solder point on each side. I'm thinking I can use a small piece of wire to jump the run marked 40A and resolder the black bit (transistor?) Sorry for my lack of terminology. Do you think that would work?

On the other two images you can see how that scoop assembly is mounted blocking the third light under Benedict's Eyes. I was thinking of just taking a multi-tool and cutting a chunk out of the metal to get the light back in there until I find the actual power scoop assembly (500-5691-00). My concern is there might not be enough meat to keep the scoop in place and it will shake loose after a few hundred games or warp or something. I might be being overly cautious. This is the first pin I've owned and wrenched on in this amount of detail.

Thanks again!

Youpa

IMG_4440 (resized).JPGIMG_4440 (resized).JPGIMG_4441 (resized).JPGIMG_4441 (resized).JPGIMG_4444 (resized).JPGIMG_4444 (resized).JPGIMG_4445 (resized).JPGIMG_4445 (resized).JPG
#3234 1 year ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

Scoop wise, you could probably make use of a flex head led and fit it under/around the edge of the scoop. I have done similar to light out holes in the past. I would just grab some wire and solder up the light board, shouldn't be too much work.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/1smd-flex-non-ghosting

These are awesome! Thank you! Definitely going to try this!

#3235 1 year ago

Hi Everyone,

I'm back again for another help ask. I replaced all the switches in the ball trough assembly with these rollover switches https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5119-02

that are marked to replace the switches in the manual 180-5119-00. The old switches were pretty haggard. I thought this would be an easy thing to do. Take part A off, use the little black jumper, and put everything back the way it was only using part B. Well I soldered everything back using pictures and not mixing up wires and it says that there are 4 balls missing. I took out balls one at a time and it seems the last two switches in the trough are registering but the following 4 are not. I tested for continuity and its there for all the center posts on the switches as they are in line, and the continuity registers as it should when the switches are pressed down. I don't know what the little black jumpers are call that go from the 1st to the 3rd post (are they resistors or transistors of some kind?) and I did not get new ones of those. Could that be the issue? The roller is high enough for the balls to activate. I manually pressed them all down and it still registers at 4 balls missing. Any help or insight as to what I could have messed up would be great. Attached is a photo of the ball assembly as it stands when i finished it. Please don't judge too hard my solder skills are super rusty, but nothing is touching. I went through and pulled on everything and it all seems solid.

Also attached is a picture of the old switches.

Thanks in advance!

Best

Youpa

IMG_4476 (resized).JPGIMG_4476 (resized).JPGIMG_4477 (resized).JPGIMG_4477 (resized).JPG

#3238 1 year ago

MadEwokHerd THANK YOU! Also thank you for the article. Swapped them around this morning and did a little adjusting at drummermike 's advice (Thank you as well!) and it is back to working perfectly! I have to keep this in mind going forward. I am reading up on the fundamentals of electricity. I do residential stuff with my father as he's an electrician so I know enough to be dangerous but this is a whole other level of signal flow. Lots of fun to learn. Thank you thank you thank you!

#3251 1 year ago

I’m so excited that I found one of these in the wild that I had to share with you peeps! The one on my LAH was swapped out at some point and you can’t assemble this from parts on Marco because some are discontinued. Can’t wait!

9E3162CD-9F1B-44EA-BD0D-008E3F807385 (resized).png9E3162CD-9F1B-44EA-BD0D-008E3F807385 (resized).png
#3254 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

LAH test pull is done...Blue Lagoon ramp will be getting some attention next week. Stay tuned! The other ramp is BTTF.
[quoted image]

Awesome!!! Are you planning to put these up for sale? Did you vac form them? Super awesome dude!!!

3 weeks later
#3288 1 year ago

Okay so I’m back with another electrical situation haha. I have been having phantom drains that happen intermittently. They somehow always happen when the double scoop is involved (or so I thought). After digging around the inter webs quite a bit, I started to suspect the drop target bank had something to do with it as another person on here did a whole repair blog where a loose wire on the one of the switches for the bar was vibrating enough with the shaker motor to cause a short. Now after doing tons of switch tests and tracing wires to see if there were any blatant shorts I have discovered the following. When the A drop target is activated, the spinner switch (again intermittently but at the same time now predictably) will activate the N drop target light, switch, and sfx. Looking at the matrix both the A and the spinner seem to be along the white and orange run while the N is on the white and yellow run. Something is jumping from the spinner to the N when the A is activated and I think this might be causing my short. I checked the diodes and looked over the wires and nothing seems to be touching. Next I’ll undo the wire bundles and see if something melted but I didn’t know if anyone on here had any insight as to what might be causing this to happen and if it could have something to do with the phantom drains? Thanks in advance, all the best, Youpa.

#3289 1 year ago

drummermike new ramps look sick man!

#3292 1 year ago

drummermike
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Last_Action_Hero
Here is a link to where the different circuits go on the board. I THINK I narrowed it down to connecting to the bottom left of the main cpu board but I’m not sure. I’m still getting the hang of these diagrams. That link has a color column for the wires as well. Hopefully this gives you a clue. Good luck!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3293 1 year ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I just updated to code 1.13. The knocker should work with each extra ball. It is not working.
The knocker does not work in diagnostics. I replaced the coil. Still not working. I cannot see any bad fuses.
I am not sure where the knocker connects to the board. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hey drummermike

Found continuity on this connector! The wire color is purple with grey stripes.

Picture included! Hopes this helps!

09C0A6AE-045A-4899-B0D3-493CCFA93B0C (resized).jpeg09C0A6AE-045A-4899-B0D3-493CCFA93B0C (resized).jpeg
#3295 1 year ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Thanks for tracing that wire. I will check it out.
Is there a fuse for the knocker?

For reference to the DM!

761AC160-9D03-4E21-BC5A-99075FA1C3B2 (resized).jpeg761AC160-9D03-4E21-BC5A-99075FA1C3B2 (resized).jpeg
#3303 1 year ago
Quoted from Dein:

What was the original rubber colour for LAH? Suggestions on other colours that look good? This was my first machine and still my favourite

I’m a big fan of the red/yellow look.

Not totally done yet but I love the flippers

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3304 1 year ago

Rebuilt the pop bumpers tonight with PaulRiccardi . Yellow bases and body, red skirts and original tops. I’m in love.

065425C7-660C-4379-A27F-2DF735DCD880 (resized).jpeg065425C7-660C-4379-A27F-2DF735DCD880 (resized).jpeg
#3306 1 year ago

So aside from the phantom drains I am getting (Something to do with the spinner causing a short) I cannot for the life of me score the Second Cousin Frank's shot. I have hit it now 3 times. Every time it prompts me to do the ramps, then shoot the chicken scoop. The LED lights up for the scoop and everything. It just doesn't register for some reason. Does anyone else have this problem?

#3308 1 year ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Mine works all the time. You have to hit the ramps and the scoop without hitting any other switches.

This doesn't give me the warm fuzzies but it does help narrow it down. I just went and did it manually and it didn't register. But the chicken switch does when I press it multiple times... Thanks Mike.

1 week later
#3320 1 year ago

Has anyone on here achieved the 1.7 billion to take the top score spot on their machine with 3 balls? Just wondering haha.

1 week later
#3355 1 year ago

General question. Would a failing capacitor (the big blue boy in the bottom left of the cabinet) cause the shaker motor to run super slow and intermittently? It will turn on occasionally but its super sluggish and really sounds like its struggling.

Thanks!

Bryan

#3357 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

Is this during gameplay because that's normal in test mode.

Both gameplay and test mode.

#3360 1 year ago

You beautiful people and all your knowledge. This is my first pinball machine and there’s A LOT I don’t know to look for. This community is amazing at pointing people in the right direction. Thank you so much, there was a resistor that unsoldered itself on my shaker motor board. Going to fix it this morning. Thank you all again!

839437DB-E7E3-4445-8182-34197E0CA5F3 (resized).jpeg839437DB-E7E3-4445-8182-34197E0CA5F3 (resized).jpegB1737AC1-075A-4139-8B4A-3437D3715003 (resized).jpegB1737AC1-075A-4139-8B4A-3437D3715003 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3365 1 year ago
Quoted from MegadethHangar18:

Hey anyone know if the Megadeth song "Angry Again" is in the game? The song is in the movie !
Cheers

There’s definitely a Megadeath song in there but I don’t know which one. But with a pin sound card you can put it in there for sure!

#3366 1 year ago
Quoted from MegadethHangar18:

Hey anyone know if the Megadeth song "Angry Again" is in the game? The song is in the movie !
Cheers

Here is what I found from some preliminary digging.

DC2AA554-2B98-4B34-A569-7A6627A6B342 (resized).pngDC2AA554-2B98-4B34-A569-7A6627A6B342 (resized).png
#3372 1 year ago

Im pretty happy with how the lighting turned out!

4CED37B2-CE7C-4BC9-8C7E-98B05161B7BA (resized).jpeg4CED37B2-CE7C-4BC9-8C7E-98B05161B7BA (resized).jpeg59C3417E-B2D5-4DEC-9D13-1FD1D959B24B (resized).jpeg59C3417E-B2D5-4DEC-9D13-1FD1D959B24B (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3381 1 year ago

For anyone looking, the Toppers from Ramp-o-matic landed on Marco yesterday!

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/550-5058-00

1 week later
#3385 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Been kinda quiet in here..
Caught a death save on camera with the bonus dmd animation!

Awesome!!!!

7 months later
#3478 4 months ago

Hi All,
I figured I could save myself some time to see if anyone knows off the top of their head where to get a constant power supply for a light I added to the play field. After switching out everything to LEDs, I am almost regretting it, because in multiball mode the strobe effect over the entire playfield is almost blinding. It's super easy to lose the ball with the lights flickering, so I added two spotlights to flood the field but realized I just made the problem worst. I'd like to hook those lights to a constant (I think 5 volts) but am having a hard time finding something under the playfield that doesn't blink. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Bryan

#3481 4 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Service outlet and get an adapter like a phone charger to power a 5v led.

So mine is a reimport from Germany. It does not have a US plug. So once I convert that over I can use the adapter. Thanks so much!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider youpapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in?tu=youpapin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.