20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2086 4 years ago

Proud to join in the LAH club. I suspect as I unpack it and start playing around I will find a few treats. Hasta La Vista baby!

One item:

Crane lock will not activate. Limit switches on both left and right work. Coil reads 50.2 Ohms, Diode IN14003 is approx 0.5V drop. The Vuk puts the ball in the crane, it has enough force that it rolls over the tip of the crane lock and stays in place. Crane swings back to left. Activates limit and crane lock does not release. The only thing between the coil would be TIP122, correct me if I'm wrong. I have not tested this fet Q43? yet. Is this prone to shoring out or hitting max breakdown? I may possibly need to lower the diode on the coil to an IN14002. Also checked Crane lock in coil test, Will not activate.

2nd items. the ball trough is a true PITA. lots of bending and bowing of the micro switch levers to get to work. If these are not right it causes for random ball drains (i.e flippers stop) thinking play was over.

3) micro switch for Spinner. When the ball comes from the other direction from pop turbo bumpers doesnt this cause issues with spinner micro switch lever?
poor design. should have put switch under table with pull up/down mechanism. Are there any pictures of what a correctly working spinner looks like, especially the micro switch lever. Close up's would be nice.

"To be, or not to be" Not to be?
IMG_4208 (resized).JPGIMG_4208 (resized).JPG

#2088 4 years ago

As far as the spinner goes. it appears this had a shorter lever in it thus causing the issues.

The coil is a 1800 wind coil. It states 50.2 Ohms. Which seems correct. Seems okay. I'll take a look at the board and the corresponding FET. Because even in test mode the crane lock pin will not fire at the left limit or the right limit switch. or by its self.

Best

TRex from Dallas Texas

2 weeks later
#2107 4 years ago

Fellow LAH'ers The Upper right VUK coil smoked on me. Not sure if the ring switch was stuck or not, but it ended up blowing the TIP36C (Q4) PNP transistor as well as melting the coil. If possible could someone put up a picture(s) of the wiring of the switch from the underside of the playfield? There is some funky wiring on mine and I wanted to verify with a working machine. A gray wire and purple wire lead up to the hoop switch. The Gray taps from from the White/Violet wire and the purple wire comes from the Green/Blue wire. I attached a picture of the area. Was hoping someone could check their game to verify. According to the switch matrix the VUK is controlled by the white/viloet and green/blue.

Thanks

IMG_4298 (resized).JPGIMG_4298 (resized).JPG
#2110 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

My #LAH has been acting up recently - after starting a game, the ball plunges by itself after a few moments instead of waiting for the guin trigger or the left flipper button to be pushed. In diagnostics, machine does not report that trigger is stuck. I also noticed that the plungers triggers empty a few times after a ball is plunged. Could this be related to the switch right next to the plunger? Or any other ideas? Things started after I replaced some coil sleeves including the plunger coil and after I cleaned the through.

Run through the switch dot matrix to verify nothing else is acting up. I suspect it's the micro switch 7. I've encountered same issue. This machine rocks like no other with the shaker motor , crane etc. if the micro switch is loose and or getting older they will act in this sort of way. May be time to run through the trough switches(roll) and switch 7. I would do this for starters. But go through the switch matrix to make sure all other in that row and column are normal.

#2111 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Here you go... If you want the originals, PM me your e-mail.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, looks like it was rigged for a single wire on both taps of micro switch on my set up. This is a good confirmation. When that VUK coil smokes its like no other . It like a bong gone wild out that VUK opening. The sweet smells of burning plastic, wire and glue. My guess is the wire hoop micro switch stuck and it caused the coil to stay open. Roached the TIP36c but the TIP102 in the same path stayed healthy.

thanks, Rex T.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in?tu=trex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.