20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020-174709_Chrome (resized).jpg
bad_switch (resized).jpg
recherche switch (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oradke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2092 4 years ago

Today during gameplay, the left flipper stopped working on my LAH. Switch is fine (can trigger ball for instance). I replaced coil sleeve, plunger, EOS switch etc. a couple of days ago, everything worked fine after that. I even reflowed to solder on the coil.

Any suggestions?

#2094 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Chances are its your EOS.

You, Sir, are a genius! It WAS the brand new EOS I had installed just a few days ago. Solder joints were fine, had to bend the switch blades a bit to make it actually stay closed when not engaged. Hard to spot error!

On a side note, while looking into this problem I discovered that many of the fuse holders are weak and will probably break soon. Oh well, that's Data East for you, right?

1 week later
#2108 4 years ago

My #LAH has been acting up recently - after starting a game, the ball plunges by itself after a few moments instead of waiting for the guin trigger or the left flipper button to be pushed. In diagnostics, machine does not report that trigger is stuck. I also noticed that the plungers triggers empty a few times after a ball is plunged. Could this be related to the switch right next to the plunger? Or any other ideas? Things started after I replaced some coil sleeves including the plunger coil and after I cleaned the through.

#2112 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

I suspect it's the micro switch 7.

Well spotted! It WAS switch #7! I recently adjusted the wire of the switch because the switch didn't register proberly, looks like I had opverdoen it and the switch was permanently triggered.

2 weeks later
#2120 4 years ago

Hey guys, I need a bit of help please. I was stupid enough to try and adjust my bumper switches while the power was on and shortened the power of the bumper coil to the switch of the button bumper. Now whenever a bumper switch is triggered, it activates all switches in the same row, e.g. left turbo (#33) also activates switches #17, #25, #41 and #57.

From what I've read I might have fried some transistors and/or ICs on the mainboard - can you from the behaviour tell which one it might be? I do have another board (from a SWDE) for testing.

Thanks!
Oliver

#2124 4 years ago

Actually, EVERY Switch in Column 5 activates every other switch in its row. So I'm suspecting transistor Q51 or the IC behind it.

#2126 4 years ago

Yup, Q51 is short. Hope the IC's intact though.

#2129 4 years ago

Alright, I switched out the transistor at Q51 and everything's back to normal with the switches!

#2130 4 years ago

OMG - I just did a few test games after completely redoing the LAH. Stripped the playfield, cleaned everything, waxed the surface, tumblered the metal, new coil sleeves, new rubbers, LEDs, new bumper skirts, new balls - the whole nine yards. And now the machine plays in a whole different league! The ball is super fast, the bumbers are extremely responsive - the difference is breathtaking. Well worth the effort, and my 10 y/o daughter and myself made a fun project out of this.

20190609_084812453_iOS (resized).jpg20190609_084812453_iOS (resized).jpg20190608_164339624_iOS (resized).jpg20190608_164339624_iOS (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2132 4 years ago

Agreed - it‘s positively awesome!

2 weeks later
#2141 4 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

I could be wrong, but I think if the hole is damaged and you put a Cliffy over it, the damage/missing wood gives the Cliffy enough room to bend and dent a little when the ball bangs into it when it ricochets off of the scoop. I think you have to fill the damage before putting the Cliffy on.

Exactly what happened to my set. Filling is a must, have it from Cliffy himself!
Here‘s how mine looks before filling.

F34CF129-CBCE-4CC4-8550-024255129B57 (resized).jpegF34CF129-CBCE-4CC4-8550-024255129B57 (resized).jpeg
#2164 4 years ago

Good choice! ColorDMD looks great in LAH!

#2169 4 years ago

Sounds like a problem with the EOS switch. Better check that!

#2171 4 years ago

I just bypassing (soldering both leads together) but now the flippers won‘t hold on fast balls such as the ripper return shot.

#2173 4 years ago

The eos in the flipper finger assembly.

#2176 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Not sure what issue oradke is talking about...

I bypassed the EOS by soldering both wires to one latch. Flippers work fine at first sight. However, when I hit the ripper und keep the left flipper up, the ball shoots doen, hits the flipper at it drops down, even though I'm holding the button.

3 weeks later
#2185 4 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

I get it, this is really rare, but $425 for it is ridiculous. I am sorry if I am offending you, but this should not be more than $150 max.

2nd that! 425 feels like extortion.

1 month later
#2224 4 years ago

It took tons of pics when I redid my playfield. Would that help?

#2226 4 years ago

I‘ll send you a PM with a link to my dropbox

1 week later
#2230 4 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Finally added pinsound board along with the power adapter - running the Capn sound bytes - wow what a difference

I know, right? Capn's mix is the bomb! Did you do the speaker upgrade as well? Definitely an additional improvement. I also have the HeadPhones station installed so I can crank up the volume when I'm home alone.

1 week later
#2235 4 years ago

Agree - you NEED the power booster for any DE pin. Solved the issue on both my LAH and my SW.

2 weeks later
#2247 4 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Anybody a good idea of how to get the correct pitch on the playfield?

https://apps.apple.com/de/app/pinguy/id782973821

3 weeks later
#2291 4 years ago

Always check the fuses!

#2318 4 years ago

Can I join the list from overseas?

3 weeks later
#2338 4 years ago

Whoa - looks great, congrats! Barely any wear on the ticket!

2 months later
#2375 4 years ago

ColorDMD and Pinsound are a MUST for the LAH - add a speaker upgrade and you have pure awesomeness.

#2377 4 years ago

Use the Capn mix (from Pinsound website)

1 month later
#2398 3 years ago
Quoted from Krh13:

Ebay has this one.[quoted image]

Yuck.

1 month later
#2442 3 years ago

Looks great! I need a pair of those, I‘m afraid.

2 weeks later
#2469 3 years ago

Get a pinsound and a HeadPhones Station.The Capn's mix is perfect and really improves the gameplay. Also: eliminates humming and noise, the pop when turning the machine on and off, and you can tweak the sound to your liking.

#2471 3 years ago

Well, not the humming that comes directly from your power converter down in the cabinet. But it did eliminate all the noise from the backpanel speakers in both my SWDE and my LAH. Well worth it. Not to mention the fact that I added a pinsound shaker to my SWDE, but that's another story.

#2473 3 years ago

You DO need the data east power booster, yes. No need to swap the speakers though, that's completely optional. Either way, pinsound does eliminate the typical DE speaker hum.

#2475 3 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

You DO need the data east power booster, yes. No need to swap the speakers though, that's completely optional. But pinsound does eliminate the typical DE speaker hum.

#2479 3 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

I am running the original pinsound board and did NOT buy the power booster. My system is running just fine. However I did fully replace the capacitors on my power supply when I first got the machine.

If it works for you, then that's great. Many others (including me) have experienced drop-outs and stutter with elevated volumes.The PowerBooster is not expensive and will ensure the problem won't arise, so it's money well spent.

#2480 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

and just to clarify for those who have done this when you order the card and select the game the card does not come with it? I need to order that in addition?

You need a fast USB stick. Can be ordered from pinsound (10 bucks) or use your own. Once you have the board installed, you need to download a sound package matchign your system from pinsound (they're free), copy the file to the stick, plug the stick into the pinsound board and turn the machine on. Pinsound will unpack the file (takes forever!!!), then you're good to go.

1 week later
#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Big Guns is one of the main themes on the mix. Just not fully featured in the video.

His mix is absolutely awesome. I've had it in my LAH for a while now, and it REALLY complements the gameplay. "Big Guns" is the main theme you hear when you're between modes, and you'll hear many other songs from the movie during the various modes. Also, he really managed to get the sound effects right, for instance the "Dynamite! *boom*" when you hit the lit screen. Highly recommended!

#2501 3 years ago

Also while I’m at it mine seems to wobble a bit when moving, again due to the shaker motor. Not sure if this is normal.
thecapn your mix finally put me over the edge and I ordered a pinsound card today.

Good decision! Well worth it.

#2504 3 years ago

I am aware that a Death Save is frowned upon and considered illegal in tournaments. But did you know that LAH gives you a 3 Mill Bonus (and a nice anim) for a successful one?

1 week later
#2516 3 years ago
Quoted from Krh13:

- my right flipper suddenly became very weak and sluggish. That is when it works. I would say that a little over half the time it does not work. I checked the contacts, fuses, and wires (none loose) but these all check out.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Had the same problem. Check the coil stop! In my case, the round cylinder had come loose. Just replace the coil stop (consider putting in a new sleeve while you‘re at it) and that should fix it.

#2520 3 years ago

What was it?

#2522 3 years ago

OK. Switch both sides out when you're at it.

1 month later
#2559 3 years ago

I'm happy to see that you continue to update the firmware for older games. Thanks, ColorDMD!

1 week later
#2583 3 years ago

Just did this recently, def get the power booster. And use thecapn mix. As far as speakers/sub I have the stock in currently and they sound good for my taste

That's exactly the way to go. I'd also recommend the Headphones Station, because you can alter the level on-the-fly. Very handy, because you'll be tempted to crank it up with the Capn mix blaring!!!

You can always consider swapping the speakers later, definitely an additional improvement. And yes, you ABSOLUTELY need the power booster.

1 week later
#2587 3 years ago

Definitely need the PowerBooster!

also, I‘d recommend adding the headphones station for easy adjustment of the overall level.

#2603 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

If anyone is interested in a data east soundboard with the LAH roms in it, let me know, just placed the pinsound order

Don‘t sell it separately! If you ever want to sell your whole pin in the future, you‘ll fetch a better price when you can provide all the original matching boards.

1 week later
#2609 3 years ago

Same

2 weeks later
#2622 3 years ago

The best thing on earth you can do to this machine is get a pinsound card its incredible, also consider a colordmd if feasible

Absolutely! Get both ColorDMD and PinSound+ (don't forget the DataEast Power Booster), and also update the speakers. I also recommend the HeadPhoens Station.

#2624 3 years ago

Have you released your latest update yet?

#2626 3 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

Wow, that sound package is amazing. I'll need to make a decision on how far to go with this game after logging some more plays. If another $400 makes it a long-term keeper then it's no brainer.

Totally worth it!

3 weeks later
#2638 3 years ago

Get the ColorDMD and save yourself a ton of trouble.

#2643 3 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

Please tell me more about this mod. Is it a cheaper alternative to a colorDMD? How difficult is setup/installation?

https://pin2dmd.com/

1 week later
#2657 3 years ago

Also, install an NVRAM chip and ditch the batteries altogether.

2 weeks later
#2674 3 years ago

This is what I get after logging in and clicking your link:

Sorry, there is a problem
We could not locate the item you are trying to view.
Error code: 2D161/2

And https://www.pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/68-last-action-hero/
lists only the Julien mixes.

Sorry!

1 week later
#2689 3 years ago

Niiiice!

3 weeks later
#2712 3 years ago
1 week later
#2726 3 years ago

a good game lasts more than 20 minutes.

1 week later
#2763 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Yes, the ball can be launched from flipper if I remember correct.

Normal behaviour - just confirmed it on my LAH: took glass off, started game, prodded spinner with my finger —> Ball fired. So you‘re all good.

4 weeks later
4 weeks later
#2841 3 years ago

Put a ColorDMD in. Totally worth it!

1 month later
#2859 2 years ago

magnetic plunger or defective coil stop? Also, dirty/worn coil sleeve?

1 week later
#2869 2 years ago

I have mine at 6.5 degrees.

3 months later
#2907 2 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

So, can I ask you guys a Pinsound question....
When I got my LAH it had a pinsound board in it but I took it out and stuck it in another game as I actually quite like the cheesiness of the original sounds. Now several years on I'm thinking maybe I should get another board so my question is, is a pinsound a must have for LAH now and what is the best mix to use?
Thanks
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"38bbf25c80baddefdf2371293dbb80ffd7f35597-1630705265-1800"};
//]]>

Zhe Cap‘n‘s mix is positively awesome!

1 week later
#2915 2 years ago

Wow - that was a lot of work.

3 months later
#2983 2 years ago

Check the ribbon cable. Reseat, perhaps replace.

#2988 2 years ago

BTW if you find out that your sound board is fried, consider replacing with a PinSound+. There‘s a great mix out there with the original music from the movie, makes the pin even better than it already is.

2 months later
#3036 2 years ago
Quoted from JasAce:

OK you might be right, it's just strange lol.
Had to order a new crane motor assembly as mine had a stripped gear.
All rails and the crane are Being powered coated right now. If I can't get sound to work I'm ordering pinsound lol.

I know Pinsound+ and Pinsound nao, what's Pinsound lol?

#3063 2 years ago

OK, I got the weak flipper issue resolved (it was rhe EOS after all), but now my machine does tandom resets. What‘s the best approach to find the culprit?

2 months later
#3126 1 year ago

Pinsound is totally worth it for LAH!

6 months later
#3220 1 year ago

Solid advice! LAH is a great machine.

#3224 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

There is a new code revision that makes the game even more fun.

And there‘s an awesome mix for pinsound. Totally worth it.

1 month later
#3256 1 year ago

That as great news, thank you!

2 weeks later
#3272 1 year ago

Nice work!

1 week later
#3300 1 year ago

I went for good old black. Looks good and doesnt‘t distract. Have yellow convolux and warm white LEDs.

E095529E-19AC-4FCA-97CF-844CD4391834 (resized).jpegE095529E-19AC-4FCA-97CF-844CD4391834 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3314 1 year ago

Freddy‘s is a good shop. Have bought there a lot, including Convolux for swvwral machines. Feel free to DM me if you need help translating or something.

1 month later
#3384 11 months ago

Nicely done!

11 months later
#3505 24 hours ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The ball should not auto fire at the start of a ball.

There‘s a setting that will actually cause the ball to auto-fire after a timeout! Also, left flipper button triggers ball as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 78.50
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oradke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in?tu=oradke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.