20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mad_carl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2403 3 years ago

Finally got my hands on this game! It's once I've wanted since I got into pinball a short time ago.
Game works and is in nice shape! Just waiting on a parts order to finish shopping it out....It has some suspect flipper mech setups.

My only issue is the crane.... Bought it knowing there was some problems with it fetching up.

Previous owner(s) have had the gearbox apart already. I opened it up to check it out, but honestly dont even know if its all there, or what was done exactly at this point. All the gears are present, but there were spacers and whatnot floating around. Cleaned things up a bit, and powered it without the crane connected to the drive shaft and it spun freely.

Hooked the crane up and it moves from home(left) to right and stops short but then needs some assistance getting back to the left. Looks like the linkage binds. Not sure if its salvageable, and I'll be honest I don't know enough enough motors/gearboxes.

Question for you guys - Has anyone tried sourcing and retrofitting another motor/gear assembly? I'm seeing 12vdc/12rpm motors on various sites, amazon, ebay, even banggood. Has anyone tired something like this before? I'm honestly ok with it not being "the right" assembly, so long as I get the crane functioning.

1 week later
#2408 3 years ago

Made my own gear. Crane is back in action

9214FEF9-5EFC-47CC-8760-07C7BE99074E (resized).jpeg9214FEF9-5EFC-47CC-8760-07C7BE99074E (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#2510 3 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

I would check the screw inside the side of the crane body where it locks the crane to the axle.
May be loose!

That and mine had a set screw at the bottom where the shaft meets the gear box. Although I’m not positive that was there from factory. The owner(s) of the game before more mauled that whole crane set up

1 week later
#2536 3 years ago
Quoted from jordan:

Does anyone has any idea to start searching for?
It will more than helpful as i am totally out of thinking anything else.....

Are the dmd and sound Roms the same version as your game rom?

Also have you tried reseating and cleaning the contacts. Make sure there are no bent legs. It’s easy to do.

#2540 3 years ago

You might also want to double check and verify that the game rom you made is ok.

3 months later
#2637 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Anyone done pin2dmd for Last Action Hero? I'm thinking of picking a pin2dmd but no mention of anyone having done one here.

debating this as well.

Looks like someone is working on a colorization on the vpuniverse forum, but that's all I've seen.

#2647 3 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Pin2dmd installed - sorry for the one handed pictures
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this the work in progress colonization or different one?

#2650 3 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Not sure on the version I grabbed the dmd from greg at flippertech here locally - I will have to research. That is one trade off of the pin2 platform sometimes the colouring is a work in progress

Ok I figured Greg had set you up.

My ideas was to get one for LAH but my Maverick display was acting up so I had to pony up for a 192x64 version.

Did you put much time on the game since installing? Notice a lot uncoloured scenes?

#2651 3 years ago

Any of you guys using the custom 1.13 game rom with the Pin2dmd? Any notable issues?

1 week later
#2662 3 years ago

Low basement ceiling club signing in...

Gotta do what ya gotta do. I had to cut out a piece of trim on around my bulkhead to fit my old Space Station in there haha.

1 year later
#3009 2 years ago

Regardless of which set you go with, I’d repair any damage to the scoop holes before you install them or you’re wasting your money and time.

My LAH came with scoop protectors installed over the damage and they were all mangled and deformed because of it, and in turn effected game play.

It’s not overly hard to repair. Some 2 part wood filler and sanding. I think vid talks about it in his playfield restore thread.

1 week later
#3014 2 years ago
Quoted from Iamthelaw:

Also new to the club, and newer to data east games in general. Anyone have any idea why my right flipper travels more than the left? Everything appears to be the way it should on the assembly’s, rubber stops are the same, shafts and stops and sleeves are all the same and in good shape. Everything is tight and not moving will post pics in a bit, thanks

Your right plunger might have a different or worn/hogged out link.

Seems like there is some slight differences between the the generations of Data East flipper set ups, and from what I’ve seen some games fall right in the middle of the change. If you sort for parts by game name on Marco or PBL they usually have the correct ones listed.

The flippers on my Jurassic Park had way more travel than they needed or that’s normal and it was super easy to trap the ball and hard to transfer the ball between flippers. It drove me nuts.

I rebuilt the flippers with the correct kit and everything was good again.

7 months later
#3200 1 year ago

I guess if it really bothers you, you could make a decal. But I would just wax and play it. You can’t really see that unless you’re looking for it.

#3203 1 year ago
Quoted from Weeedoggie:

For me It's more to stop it from wearing the groove in playfield more
Not so much cosmetic

I understand, but that wear was most likely caused from its life out on route for the last 30 years of its life. It’s not likely to get noticeably worse in a home use environment.

Keeping your playfield clean and waxed will help protect it. Or even a piece of mylar. Those would be easy route.

I’d check the Vids playfield guide thread if you’re looking to get into touch ups and clear coat.

#3205 1 year ago

I wish. Don’t have a scanner, sorry.

#3211 1 year ago

Sorry. I would have offered that but I have a game sitting in front of my LAH and can’t get the glass off at the moment hah.

Also, I’ve searched the visual pinball forums for scans/art in the past. It’s hit or miss on image quality some times but they could be used for more reference.

2 months later
#3260 1 year ago

Search “gel filter” on Amazon. They have packs of them.

Thought about getting some myself to colourize the clear inserts on Ghostbusters

1 year later
#3492 31 days ago

is the crane limit switch at the top of the VUK wireform registering?

Without the crane closing that switch, the game won't know that it's in position and kick the ball up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mad_carl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in?tu=mad_carl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.