20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 10 years ago

I really like this game...I generally not a fan of D.E. but I had Tommy and it was great except it was like kryptonite to my style of playing, I traded it and got LAH a few months ago, still having problems with the a weak right flipper...so it;s not working 100% right now, but the game is definitely action packed.

#8 10 years ago

The crane issue is common, I had problems as well, I had to adjusted it a bunch of times, since it's down I'm not sure if it's fixed completely, but if it's picking up and dropping off then most likely it just needs to be adjusted. In any case if you do buy a new crane make sure it's a new one because chances are the used one may be worn too. BTW, the crane adjustment is a allan key screw on the body of the crane (the hole near the crane cab)..the sweet spot is not letting the crane stay too long at near the end...in other words it should travel come to a stop for maybe 1.5 second then make it's way back toward the drop off...I noticed mine was taking 2.5 seconds to do the swing back and then it would stop short of the drop off. GL

Added over 4 years ago:

The fix for the crane was rebuilding the power supply....believe it or not, the caps get old and the crane slows down and the software will then release the ball before the crane docks, thinking the crane is broken. I changed the cap and the crane worked 100%

Added over 4 years ago:

Sorry I meant to say I changed the power supply bridge rectifier DB1....

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from tp:

got my crane dialed in thanks to some of you above. whats important is to get the grinding noise equal on either end. to long one side makes it not work properly. so each side grinds for exactly same amount of time before heading back. when its dialed in correctly the grinding time will be very minimal either side.

Ha yep agree...only in D.E. we can talk about the grinding noise as a marker for optimization.

#64 10 years ago

Hi club memebers!, I'm having issues with my LAH's right flipper, it's weak. I've studying the manual. I may have caused more harm than good when tried to fix it, I had a *Doh moment* fried the diode on the coil when I was replacing the coil by wiring it up wrong and blew the tip36c on the flipper board, I've since repalced the 3 transistors on the board and the diode, even the EOS but still have the weak flipper issue, the only thing left is the flipper leaf switch which may or may not be the cause of all my angst. Anyone ever have this issue with their D.E.?

1 month later
#103 10 years ago

Hey did you guys notice Arnold's wife Maria Shriver made it into to the game? That has to be one of the funniest easter egg I've ever seen.

Edit: I just found out she was in the movie for a few seconds playing his wife.

2 weeks later
#123 10 years ago

I believe 3A Slo-blow,,,,see this link.(Near the bottom) Also this guy is credited for coming up with the fix for the intermittent magnet issue during the attract mode.

http://apronk.home.xs4all.nl/gnrpinball.htm

2 months later
#143 10 years ago

Aaaaaaahhh!!! Cautionary tale for all the LAH owners, I was working under the pf tonight, zip tying some wires, when I went to put it down it got stuck on the left side as I came around to free it, the pf fell inside and busted both ramps....*sigh*. If anyone has line to a used set please let me know.

3 months later
#281 9 years ago

Looking for a crane mech for my LAH...if you have a spare or a source please let me know....thx

1 month later
#285 9 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Count me in the club! I have a problem tho, the allen key on my crane is completely stripped. This makes it impossible to get off. As of right now, its not a problem but once I plan on taking the playfield apart for installation of LEDs it will become a problem. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hmmm....drilling it won't help. But there is a drift pin holding the rod that the crane sits on. it's visible from underneath the pf...hit the pin out and remove the crane from the pf, once the crane is free you can get a locking plier and grab the head of the screw from the side and work the screw loose.

2 weeks later
#290 9 years ago

Nice...congrats.

#316 9 years ago

How many of you guys have crane issues? It seems no matter how much I adjust mine it still goes out of adjustment after several games.

#318 9 years ago

It stops midway on the way back or it leaves the vuk too fast before the ball can drop in the crane...driving me bat shit. I bought a used crane mech and it's a little better but it still misses after a few games.

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Have you verified the switches at each end of the crane's travel are wired properly and are working correctly? Does it act up in the crane test? I don't really know too much about DE games, but figured those might be a couple possibilities. The only trouble I had with mine was improper wiring on the right crane switch, 61, and then setting the crane to the appropriate position and tightening the set screw to fasten the crane to the motor shaft. No problems with it, at least yet...

I actually tried to set it in the crane test and then to have it fail during multiball. So I learned how to adjust it in live play, that worked better. Yes you're correct after I changed the crane mech it still acted it up, when I swapped out the vuk switch it actually worked for a little while, but then after about 3-4 games it missed again. So I'm not sure what the heck it's going on. It seems to me that it should be simple..the motor should rotate till a switch is activated but not the case. If not adjusted it can stop short of the vuk or short of the blue ramp....?

#326 9 years ago

But I bought another gearbox..albeit a used one, because new is not available anymore.

#337 9 years ago

Thanks Joe (toyotaboy) for the decals, very kind of you...they look niiiiice.

2 months later
#419 9 years ago
Quoted from CanadianGamer:

Just this last one and I'm finished catching up on this thread.
I had this problem with my crane and tried adjusting it to hell and back, but it always effed up again. I was ready to go the route you went and buy a new crane assembly until I changed the bridge rectifier on the power supply board. I don't have a clue as to the why and the how but it worked. I was just trying to get my game to stop the random resets it was doing, and after changing the bridge rectifier (DB1 I believe?) I decided to take a chance and turn the crane on again. Lo and behold it was working fine and has ever since. The random resets were from a bad connector on power supply, CN1. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip, but my game doesn't reset, do you think the connection on CN1 maybe the culprit? I'll take a look.

2 months later
#483 9 years ago
Quoted from CanadianGamer:

Just this last one and I'm finished catching up on this thread.
I had this problem with my crane and tried adjusting it to hell and back, but it always effed up again. I was ready to go the route you went and buy a new crane assembly until I changed the bridge rectifier on the power supply board. I don't have a clue as to the why and the how but it worked. I was just trying to get my game to stop the random resets it was doing, and after changing the bridge rectifier (DB1 I believe?) I decided to take a chance and turn the crane on again. Lo and behold it was working fine and has ever since. The random resets were from a bad connector on power supply, CN1. I hope this helps.

Big shout to Canadiangamer! This fix was verified by me on my LAH, I went through 2 crane changes, multiple switch changes and for the life of me I could not get the crane to cycle back and forth on time to catch/deliver the ball. The power supply bridge rectifier DB1 was the culprit. BTW everything else on my game worked as advertised, no resets, no other issues. It seems that perhaps the power from the bridge was just a bit low and it slowed down the crane enough to take out it out of sync. Thanks CG!

Post edited by kvan99

#487 9 years ago

I just got the rom today and I tried it out, it makes a very big improvement in the game play and scoring, thanks for your hard work Craig! I will make a donation tonight.

3 months later
#514 8 years ago
Quoted from Gamaz1:

Hello!
I have bought a nice LAH
But I got a problem wit my crane/ Lock coil
When you lock a ball the coil doesn't drop and the ball doesn't stay on the crane when the crane goes over the playfield instead the ball drops down on the play field and the game belive that the ball have been locked and shoots out a second ball, I the servicemenu the coil doesn't react at the coiltest
I have checked the wires and it seems to be ok.
Any ideas where to begin?in the board?
Cheers from Sweden!

There is a coil on the crane that pushes up a small rod to keep the ball from rolling out....if the coil is burnt out or has a loose connection the rod will not activate and the ball will roll out during the motion.

4 years later
#2265 4 years ago

Hi all, I had written a post about crane issues 4 yrs ago but I guess it's hard for other folks to find it.....long story short, if you're having an issue with crane releasing the balls before it reaches the blue ramp you may have a weak BR on the power supply. I can't tell you how many hours I spent adjusting that damn crane..before a pinsider told he had given up on the crane fix too but he had a reset issue so he changed the Bridge Rectifier DB1 on the power supply, after the BR replacement the crane started to work perfectly.....I took his tip and changed mine and bingo worked for me too.

2 weeks later
#2279 4 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

Restoration is going well, despite the manual and its grand lack of accurate information...can anyone identify this part? I pulled one bent one out and need to find a replacement..that's a 1/4" nut, that is part of the hardware piece. Total 2" in length:[quoted image]

Sorry I don't know. but you can just straighten it....it looks ok, put it in a vice and tap it with a hammer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in?tu=kvan99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.