20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#995 6 years ago
Quoted from garman411:

Hey guys,
Finally got my project pin up and running so I made it in the club!
The only thing I can't get to work properly is the VUK. Is there a trick to adjusting this. I rebuilt the assembly but it won't shoot up through the ramp. I think it's hitting the bottom of the wire form but I'm not sure.
Any help would be appreciated!

Make sure the actual kicker is aligned right and isn't worn unevenly. That is a TALL upkick and was the bane of my LAH owning life BITD.

#999 6 years ago
Quoted from garman411:

It might the end for me too haha, been messing with it for a month now. The only thing I didn't change is the plunger thing. I will give that a try. Is there a trick to making sure it's aligned right?
Thanks for the help.

No trick really, just make sure the bracket is not tweaked, screws are all tight, and I'd examine the plunger tip and see if it might be worn unevenly or broken.

2 weeks later
#1004 6 years ago

Also known as "the part that is broken on every LAH ever."

Rebuild the mech, make sure that the ball is being hit squarely and adjust adjust adjust until it works.

2 weeks later
#1019 6 years ago

Mine was like that (hole but no post) and I installed a post in my pinball noob-ieness.

Quoted from Kiwipinz:

Hey guys could anyone please check their machines and see if I'm missing a post on the left drain (right drain has one in the same place).
Cheers

Mine had the hole but no post... and I installed a post in my pinball noob-ieness. It had ALOT of wear tho so no great loss.

8 months later
#1334 5 years ago

Back in the club!

Just picked up a nice LAH this week.

1 week later
#1390 5 years ago

Lol, that would be a swerve but nothing like “We came, we saw, we kicked it’s @$$” being Star Trek!

Ghostbusters owners were PISSED!

#1409 5 years ago

Oooooh. Man I can’t wait to get that bad boy in my LAH.

#1451 5 years ago

Got my “new” LAH home last nite. It was shopped a few months back but has been to a show and played lots since then so I’m gonna give it a once over starting tomorrow. Is there a good guide on really dialing in the crane that anyone has handy?

#1464 5 years ago

Hey could someone get me a pic of their middle scoops wiring? My middle right scoop wasn’t registering, but while I was fiddling with the switch I noticed the red/white wire was hanging. Removed it, the switch worked! Replaced it, didn’t work. Whaaaa?

Edit: Okay I found a pic earlier in the thread. Not sure why it wasn’t working as I had it wired in correctly, or why it was working with the red and white disconnected? Anyways, too late to fool with it any more tonite, back at it tomorrow.

#1476 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I think Stadium lights are next.

Will stadium lights fit with the tar pit lock ramp thing?

#1481 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Put up a pic if you can. Id like to see how yours turned out. Thanks

Yeah me too, sounds like a cool project.

I actually have extra spotlights on my LAH, they were installed by the guy I bought it from and seem to work pretty well.

#1486 5 years ago

7CC35D9C-DC30-41BD-A497-0EE87FE3552E (resized).jpeg7CC35D9C-DC30-41BD-A497-0EE87FE3552E (resized).jpeg

CC415E41-12E4-41EF-A40E-1A6717099467 (resized).jpegCC415E41-12E4-41EF-A40E-1A6717099467 (resized).jpeg

Well, here’s my Last Action Hero! I picked it up recently, shopped with Titans and Cliffys and LED’d out, it spent some time as a league game, made a trip to the Golden State Pinball Festival, and then I bought it and it went right to a friends house who played the hell out of if for a couple weeks. It was still pretty clean but had some switches that needed replacing and of course a couple solders that didn’t want to hold. Got it home, spent a night to give it a quick once over and it was back in ACTION.

I had a LAH when I started in pinball, and it was actually my first “shop job” although that was a lot less thorough than when I shop a pin now, lol. Anyways, I have a soft spot for the game as I like the movie it’s based on, and my wife and I played it at a pizza place we frequented when we were dating (awwwwwww.)

No mods besides the alt backglass (a necessary) and a couple play field spotlights. I’ll probably just slap a ColorDMD in it and call it good.

#1493 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Wait...this is the one that was at Golden State Pinball Festival? In the Kids tournament section? IamNaN had brought it and I never knew he had it for sale. I played the heck out of that game. That show and that game was the turning point of me deciding that I really wanted to find that game for my collection.

It is! It was never for sale, I told him the moment I first saw it he was only keeping it warm for me.

#1512 5 years ago

I don't HAVE pinsound so I don't really have a horse in this race but if I was to GET Pinsound, I'd like something that uses the film soundtrack exclusively. There are alot of cool songs on that soundtrack.

I love the idea of the Tesla "Last Action Hero" song playing during the Last Action Hero multiball (or M-BALL, lol) BTW, anyone got video of that?

#1514 5 years ago

Oh sure Cap, I'm not judging your work, It's awesome. I've watched some vids and been like, I want that, especially when the M-BALL starts and Megadeth kicks in.

I'm also a huge fan of that soundtrack, it played so much in my car in high school my friends still bring it up.

Maybe someday I'll get a Pinsound and join the party.

3 weeks later
#1535 5 years ago

The sad thing is, the more wear and damage, the easier it is to hit. My first LAH had lots of damage at the scoops but man you could nail them all day.

1 week later
#1549 5 years ago

Congrats! One of the most underrated pins for sure.

2 weeks later
#1584 5 years ago

Is it maybe sitting too level?

#1589 5 years ago
Quoted from smailskid:

Any chance someone can take a photo of the adjustment nut for the drop target bank for me?
My drops sit below the playfield and I would like to raise them so the ball doesnt get stuck but I can't see how this nut will affect the travel of the targets. I am thinking I have a part broken or missing.

Is your Danger Bar (behind the drops) working/sensitive enough? I had that issue too until I realized my Danger Bar wasn't resetting the drop targets like it was supposed to because it was jammed back. Fixed that and no issues with the ball hanging up there since.

1 week later
#1652 5 years ago

Startup coil test? Is it looking for missing balls or something?

#1681 5 years ago

I just use a level. I tried the phone apps and was never happy with the results.

1 month later
#1763 5 years ago

Welp, sent Arnold off to a new family last nite, so I'm out of the LAH club. Have fun y'all.

#1765 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

NOOOOOOO! say it aint so. What are you getiing in place of LAH?

Lol, cash.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in?tu=gunstarhero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.