Topic Stats

• 2,268 posts
  • 255 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Iwasthebruce
  • Topic is favorited by 91 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 536 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191113_205735 (resized).jpg
1385331C-873A-43B0-A00C-FE58C76D8096 (resized).jpeg
20191110_164411 (resized).jpg
20191110_164225 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20191106_182643.jpg
20191106_183559 (resized).jpg
IMG_6372 (resized).JPG
20190922_143258 (resized).jpg
20190922_184302 (resized).jpg
20190922_181535 (resized).jpg
587AC443-B339-4870-ADB4-AAB4FBEEA534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190916_192027 (resized).jpg
20190913_000300 (resized).jpg
20190913_201130 (resized).jpg
20190913_210422 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1000 2 years ago

I have the same issue. Gunstarhero is correct, you have to twist the wire form till it lines up better.

4 weeks later
#1022 2 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Yes, mine has one on both sides. Looks like yours has a pilot hole but was never installed at the factory!

This was my first pin and I have had it a long time. I noticed this just a while ago. I installed a post and am happy with it.

#1023 2 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

You can adjust them from the underside. The bracket allows them to be moved up and down.

Thanks for that tip. The ball was always getting stuck on top of the drop downs. Easy adjustment.

1 month later
#1037 1 year ago
Quoted from WorldWideWeapon:

Hello LAH owners. I recently purchased my first pin and it happened to be an LAH. I do have one thing that I cant seem to find. In the back left corner the blue octagon flasher dome is broken and I can not find one anywhere. Is there something that is a direct replacement that is blue? or what are others doing since this part seems to be impossible to find.

I had the same issue. All mine had broken tabs. Got tired of looking for original. I now have cylindrical blue and red mini mars domes from Marco. They have the screw tabs. They look great.

#1039 1 year ago

Yes those are the ones. I got 2 blue and 2 red.

1 month later
#1052 1 year ago

Great idea! I would cut to match the black outline of the ticket. It will be less noticeable.

2 weeks later
#1056 1 year ago

I think they are 8 amp slow blow.

#1062 1 year ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Joined the club this week. I'm having a blast playing it and cleaning it up.
Anyone have pictures of different color rubber for the posts and slings? I'm looking at all the Titan options and thinking about getting creative.

I have one photo in my gameroom pics you can look at. I used colored posts and clear rings on my LAH. I did not use the lower post rubber on the posts with rings.

#1069 1 year ago

I replaced my rubbers with clear/translucent rings. The book is not accurate. I can't remember what I used. Best to take them off and measure then order. My crane does not come off due to a broken bolt. It was not easy to replace some of those rings!

1 week later
#1081 1 year ago

Haven't seen them yet, do look quite interesting. I am debating mirror blades though.

I did mirror. At the time there were no other options.

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from Jayg1981:

Do The stern mirror blades work on this game?

Yes, Stern will work. That is what I took from my LOTR and put in LAH.

#1092 1 year ago

My LAH was a steal at $1200 a few years ago. Great game for that price. It was my first pin. Will never sell it!

1 week later
#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Hey Heroes! I’m considering joining the club but I have a pretty small collection with JP which I play a lot. Are the two games too similar to have in a collection of 5 or 6 games? Appreciate any thoughts, thanks!

I think they are different enough to have both. It will fit in with your diverse collection.

2 weeks later
#1120 1 year ago

I have a LAH A1.06 with CPU 1.05. Today while playing the music stopped and the dialog would keep repeating "I'll be back". The game play is OK when this is happening. Anyone know what this is all about? Thanks.

#1124 1 year ago

Shutting it off must have worked. It is working now! Thanks.

1 week later
#1131 1 year ago

While playing LAH today, the music stopped as it has done before. This time the game play was OK and Arnold was not saying "I'll be back". Is the CPU going?

#1134 1 year ago

I did the on off thing. It worked that day then later it happened again. It occurs randomly. I will check the voltage. Thanks.

#1135 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Check the 12v to your sound board. Is there a certain point when the music stops? (can you predict when it will occur?)

I looked at the sound board and I am not sure were to check for voltage. My power board is a Rottendog. I put plastic washers in the sound board screw mounts a while back to help with the buzz.

#1137 1 year ago

I have a multi meter but I am not sure were to test on the board. I do not want to fry it!

#1138 1 year ago

I have a Rottendog in my CV for years and it works great. No more resets during the game. I put Raspberries in TZ and TAF to stop the resets with the original boards.

#1141 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Rottendog and Xpin PSUs can sometimes have issues with 12v line going to the soundboard. Especially when the game starts drawing more current. i.e. Multiball. I will show you how I resolved my problem with my sound issue on this game in the future.
There is also a chance that you may just have a loose connection somewhere and when your shaker motor starts shaking - the weak connection is amplified. So, you can try disabling your shaker motor in settings, reseat all connections to the boards and see if that changes anything too.

Thanks. Sounds like a plan.

#1143 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Are there any mods (i.e. Pinsound, extra lights) installed in the game on the +12V line? Not familiar w/the RottenDog power supply, but I suspect there is a +12V test point that you can monitor the voltage (as Capn sort of alluded to). I've seen some discussions where the +12V is unregulated and drops too low - but just repeating what I read...no personal experience.
Take a look and see if any of this applies: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-gnr-12v-drops-low-power-supply-or
Is this your RottenDog power supply?: http://rottendog.us/DPS004.html

That is the RD board that I have. I think it is 3 or 4 years old. I have no mods on this LAH. I only replaced the DMD and the power board when they failed. I tested the voltage on the RD board at the three round areas. The voltage was 5, 12 and -12 as it should be. I played today and it was OK again. I reset all the connectors. Still not sure why the music dropped out.

My CV Rottendog board is 3 years old and I have had no issues. Thanks.

#1146 1 year ago

Does the PinSound stop the DE buzz? Why did you do the PinSound? Cost?

#1151 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Getting an LED DMD to not use the HV line will eliminate the DE buzz. Pinsound is $350+. I bought it during a show so I got it at a discounted rate. I use pinsound because I like having a better quality soundtrack. I use the same music the game has, but instead of the MIDI quality I have the MP3 quality of the actual tracks. Plus, I added some other nice tracks to the mix. Those that played it at Texas Pinball Festival should be able to agree that the soundtrack is very nice.

My DMD is almost new. I can live with a little buzz. SW buzz is louder than LAH. I do not play SW much though. Maybe Pinfest will have a Pinsound vendor. Thanks.

1 week later
#1163 1 year ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I cant really see how that pulls out from the back to check the bulb anyone know

You have to pull it sideways kind of hard.

#1165 1 year ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I cant really see how that pulls out from the back to check the bulb anyone know

Actually I think you pull down.

3 weeks later
#1177 1 year ago

Hope these help.

20180513_194818_resized (resized).jpg

20180513_194631_resized (resized).jpg

20180513_194708_resized (resized).jpg

20180513_194750_resized (resized).jpg

20180513_194741_resized (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#1252 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Looking for the plastic above the spinner
Only one missing from my game
Also I have a extra spinner and all that attaches to it it was in the game if anybody needs one
Thanks

Good luck finding that plastic. Mine is broken but at least I have both parts. I could not find a replacement.

2 weeks later
#1327 1 year ago

I'll finally be starting a partial restore of my LAH. Overall, the playfield is in great shape, no excessive wear, but my main ramp has a broken tap and some of the plastics are broken or bleached out. I have the ramp as a spare and most of the plastics. Blue pit ramp has a crack as well, but since there is no replacement available, I'll just have to repair it.
My cab is pretty shot, with delaminating exterior and one side barely reads the graphics anymore. But, I am actually gonna try to rescue the cab with this exterior appearance, like the original silk screen print look better than a new lami on it. So restore will be concentrated on bottom of cab, corners with blended in paint work and interior of cab.
All that said, I am looking for mirror blades but not sure which ones would fit. Found some chrome mirror on here in the marketplace for $70, but was thinking black chrome might fit the game better. Anybody has any source for those?

I put in mirror blades from a new Stern ST. They fit good. The black would be better looking!

#1363 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Question: When the crane is at rest to the left side is it supposed make contact with the switch on the Blue (ball lock) ramp all the time? Meaning keeping it closed. Or does it just hit closing it and then opening it? Mine seems to hit it and then moves slightly away from it. Do I need to adjust the crane? If so how do I adjust it? Thanks fo any help.

Mine is always resting on the switch. I have bent the switch out to make contact though. Has been working for many years.

#1364 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Have done several spins around the net,ordered start buttons that won’t fit...
If anyone knows where I can pick up a start button would be great all I need is the plastic on the front it was damaged want to put the slanted start font piece behind a new plastic.
Thanks!

I have looked also and can't find that button.

#1371 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks! Moved up to the top on my 'to do' list! I alway thought the original lights were wimpy.

The screw is broke off in my crane. I was able to put in led's though with difficulty. Not taking off the crane made changing rubbers and other parts very difficult. I had to repaint crane back to yellow in the cabinet. When I got it the crane was gold. It looked horrible.

2 weeks later
#1505 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Ugh, I don't do facebook. Yes, I'm the ONE guy on the planet who doesn't. I guess you guys are stuck with me here.

I do not do Facebook either. That makes two!

1 week later
#1528 1 year ago

I cannot find the blue ramp. Mine was repaired poorly. Works but looks bad.

2 weeks later
#1534 1 year ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

I just joined the club yesterday. Rewatched the movie right before I got it installed to refresh the mind. Entertaining cheesy movie.
My game is in pretty good shape. Although I already broke a crane drop target so ordered 5 with decals to have around. Only frustration thus far is I cannot get the ball to stay in the left scoop. Every direct shot bounces back out. I tried foam I have for switches to cushion but no help. It looked like they filled in for some wear too much so I shaved some of it to make the hole a little bigger. Ball still pops out but wants to stay. Any tips on how to get the shots to fall in. Currently I only can get ricochets to bounce in randomly.
I’m enjoying it though. Have to figure out what I’m doing but it’s fun.

My left scoop broke off and I had it welded back together. You can't find replacements. I am using Cliffy's to cover the bad wear on the left scoop. It is harder for the ball to go in but it looks great. I never had the ball bounce out.

1 week later
#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from JSBebop2071:

Picked up last weekend. Was acting a little wonky, suspect loose fuse holder, fixed. Currently has display 1.04 and cpu 1.05. After playing a bit decided will add left outlane post. Very happy with the play so far.
[quoted image]

That playfield is in nice shape. I had to use Cliffy's to cover damage in the scoops. I added the "missing" post also.

2 weeks later
#1597 1 year ago
Quoted from smailskid:

Any chance someone can take a photo of the adjustment nut for the drop target bank for me?
My drops sit below the playfield and I would like to raise them so the ball doesnt get stuck but I can't see how this nut will affect the travel of the targets. I am thinking I have a part broken or missing.

20180918_211817_resized (resized).jpg20180918_211820_resized (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#1753 1 year ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

I really love this pin, here i my quick review of it

Your LAH is in great condition! Nicest one I have seen. Great work!

1 month later
#1777 11 months ago

Wow, so far so good. It did seem to do the trick, just turning the volume control....weird. Especially since it only had cut out certain frequencies.
Anyhow...Thank You. Cheapest fix ever on this machine.

My volume control is also flaky. It is old!

#1779 11 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

My volume control is also flaky but works. I bought a Pinsound card and the leg controls. The sound is so much better, especially with @thecapn audio mix. This games sounds and plays just like a new Stern game.

I am still having intermittent dialog from the game. Arnold keeps saying "I'll be back". May be a loose connection. I have not had time to look for it yet.

1 week later
#1791 11 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I picked up a LAH, needs all kind of help which it will get.
But no topper, anyone have a topper they can sell me or give me a lead on?
Thanks.

I have a topper but cannot use it due to low ceiling. PM me.

#1793 11 months ago

What would be the value of this topper? The condition is fair to good. Thanks.

20181215_174934_resized (resized).jpg20181215_175008_resized (resized).jpg
#1795 11 months ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

What really needs to be done is a really great condition one needs to be 3d scanned. Then someone needs to start reproducing them! Easy $200.

So if a new one is 200 what is mine worth? Thanks.

#1798 11 months ago

My sound is out again. Pin will occasionally say "I'll be back". During play there is no sound. Can I replace the sound board to fix this? Probably worn out.

#1800 11 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Does it keep repeating this? I had that happen once. Turned the pin off, turned it on again. Never happened again. Must be a bug somewhere in the code.

Cycling the pin does not help. I had the problem before and it will go away and come back later. (no pun intended!) I need a permanent fix.

#1803 11 months ago

I will try reseating cables. My power board is a fairly new Rotten Dog.

#1805 11 months ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Reseat all your ribbon cables. If this does not help, look at the capacitors on your power board. These are well known to fail after many years and can cause your dmd and game to reset. The capacitors can leak leaving a “wet” look around them.

Cable reseat worked! When you think the worst, sometimes it is the simple stuff that you forget is all it takes. Thanks!

1 week later
#1820 10 months ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

I’ve recently been playing this game on an IPad and really enjoy it. Arnold’s call outs kinda’ bug me but I can live with it.
I have Dirty Harry and Ripleys.
Never saw the movie. Can you understand game better by doing so? And, is it a staying fun factor? Thinking of trying to find a nice one. Thank you in advance to those in the know.

I thought the movie was a blast. Most people did not get it though. LAH was my first pin and it will never leave. Lots of bang for the buck.

#1827 10 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I have a topper but cannot use it due to low ceiling. PM me.

Item was sold.

2 weeks later
#1837 10 months ago

I used blue star posts in the front of the slings and metal posts in the middle and back.

1 week later
#1870 10 months ago
Quoted from Kiwipinz:

I believe the right hand side is installed from factory, and the left side is optional - which I installed as it was killer.

Correct. I also put in the left post.

#1881 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Does anyone have a spare one of these in good condition for sale?
[quoted image]

Mine is broken but at least I have both parts.

#1882 9 months ago

Everyone, I need somebody's help, please. Since these plastics are absolute gold and nobody has responded that they have an extra one to sell, I'm working on a custom made version of one that I would be willing to sell if/when I execute.
What I need at this point are some exact measurements so that I can size the plastic. Can someone please provide the exact length and width in mm per the position of the green lines in my graphic (I have the shape and I've colored appropriately, but just don't know dimensions)?
I make my plastics out of Lexan (quite the pain, honestly, with all the cutting and shaping), which is slightly thicker but much more durable than stock plastics. I adhere the printed graphic to it so it is not painted, but the final product comes out quite nice, is extremely durable, and does not overtly stand out from the other plastics. Up to this point, I've had to adhere the graphic to the top (photo quality print with OEM photo inks & paper, then laminated with gloss vinyl), but I have some new adhesive sheets that I want to test that may allow me to adhere from the bottom side without distorting the graphics (still need to test). For reference, here is an example of two of the plastics I have created and sold for the Getaway (both plastics above the two target banks are my custom ones): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/70#post-3415047
To set expectations, at this point I'm thinking I would charge $20 including postage to US. I obviously need to get one created with lots of pics before anyone commits, but thought I would throw it out there.
[quoted image]

I am in for one!

#1891 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I know I seem needy, but now I need another favor from someone. I need a nice close-up, square in frame, well lit, in focus, hi-resolution photo of the Dekker sticker on the center spinner. Apparently this too is a hard find and worn out on many LAH pins. I'm going to create a reproduction and offer it for sale also. I also need to know the width and height (in mm) of the decal.
Please PM me and I'll provide my email address for you to send the photo.
[quoted image]

Bay Area Amusements has the spinner stickers but it only comes in the complete set that is about $45.

#1901 9 months ago

I think that is a good price for a good condition LAH. The game is fun and has features not on any other. It was my first and I will never sell it. Try it and buy it!

#1903 9 months ago

Get it now.

#1913 9 months ago
Quoted from mikusm:

Anyone had an issue with The call out when powering up not finish. It starts "I'll be...." and then stops. I have this on TFTC and DE Star Wars as well I know they used to work.

Mine does that sometimes on LAH.

#1915 9 months ago

My shaker must be causing things to loosen up. I have to reseat connections now and then.

#1923 9 months ago

Looking good!

#1925 9 months ago

Yes. Deeper blue would be a better match.

#1927 9 months ago

The bulbs stick out in front of the plastic. Check the pics I PMed the other day.

#1929 9 months ago

Good point. No lights under.

#1931 9 months ago

That looks great!

2 weeks later
#1948 9 months ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I would be interested.

I will take one!

#1958 9 months ago

I just put the new chicken plastic scoop cover in my LAH. It is real nice work from Mr_Tantrum! The plastic is about twice as thick as the original. Anyone needing this plastic should get one from Chris. The colors are real nice and it fits perfectly. Mine was broken in two. Glad to have this fixed. Thanks to Chris for making these parts!

#1959 9 months ago

Here are a couple of pictures of the new scoop plastic from Mr_Tantrum. The colors look better than the photos show.

20190214_134230 (resized).jpg20190214_134248 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1975 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here is a rough draft of my decal for the clear plastic. Graphics are low resolution since I don't have any plastics to scan/photo from, but thought I would see what people thought.[quoted image]

That looks really good!

I am in.

#1991 8 months ago

Done deal.

#1997 8 months ago
Quoted from Steve350f:

I've been working on my LAH doing some mods and cleaning. So far I've changed out the translite to the alt version (no more big head), installed 3 spotlights, speaker lights, color changing flipper buttons, and a cop car. BTW, there seems to be alot of people that hate that clear plastic on the lower left side and are waiting for the Mr Tantrum solution which I think is great, but I decided to install a cop car on that spot and light the interior. See pics. Also, the spotlights make a TON of difference on the playfield. I attached a pic with white arrows where I installed them. Waiting on a Red Ford F100 to install as well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Cop car was a nice addition.

2 weeks later
#2014 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Making slow progress on my clear plastic decal. Finally received a the high quality scan I was needed, and with a lot of touchup here is my final design. Now just waiting on plastics to arrive in the mail for color matching and test fitting. Getting very close now, and thanks for everyone's patience.
[quoted image]

Excellent!

1 week later
#2031 7 months ago

Mr_Tantrum does it again. Great work. This is what the plastic should have been from new.

20190325_122436 (resized).jpg20190325_122436 (resized).jpg20190325_122526 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2078 6 months ago

I have the gold cards. I would put the color LAH on the left and the gold ticket on the right.

2 weeks later
#2103 5 months ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Need an opinion. Decided to put orange titans on the game. Was thinking of trading out the clear star post for blue. I am also doing blue rubber posts and should I go with orange or blue on the flippers.
[quoted image]

I did the blue star posts also. Red posts on the left and yellow posts on the upper right. Orange flipper rubber on yellow bats and clear slings. Yellow buttons.

1 month later
#2143 4 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

What did you use to fill?

I used "Plasticwood" filler.

2 months later
#2206 62 days ago
Quoted from a1max1:

Can someone take a pic behind crane ? What is this post for ? Seems to be something missing[quoted image]

Mine has nothing there. May be the wrong post. I would put a nut on it and you are done.

#2211 60 days ago

Mine looks like embryonjohn's photo. Mine has a screw under the plastic. The screw is not holding down the plastic.

3 weeks later
#2228 38 days ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

For those using cliffy protectors at the three scoops, do you have trouble hitting the shots? Are you using actual cliffy brand protectors or the cheaper set from ebay?
My playfield has the usual wear at each scoop. I filled the scoops and installed the cheaper ebay protectors. With the protectors installed, I am having a hard time hitting the scoops directly. I had previously read about LAH owners removing protectors as it made the shots incredibly difficult to make.
Just curious what others have been experiencing or if there are any possible solutions.

I have Cliffy,s on all 3 scoops. The left dynamite scoop broke as I did not repair the damage first. Cliff made a new one for me and I put it in after fixing the pf. The dynamite hole is the only one that is slightly harder to make. I think it is worth keeping on and missing a few shots.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
$ 229.99
Boards
PinSound
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside