20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtbike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1686 5 years ago

Hi guys. Just picked up a LAH about a week ago and playing the heck out of it. Love it! It's is completely original, except for the playfield had LEDs in it. Everything seems to be working perfectly. I'm a total noob to pinball and don't know much about anything when it comes to maintenance or mods to the machine. I have been going through all of the post on here and see there are some mods I think I would like to do (pinsound, pin stadium lights, etc). Specifically first, I would like to install the new color DMD. I've watched a few videos on how to install and it seems pretty straight forward. My question is will I also need to update any ROMs to be able to have the color DMD?(again they are all the original versions)If so, what are they and where is a good place to pick them up?
Loving the group here. Full of great info. Thanks for any help

#1692 5 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Congrats on your pick up. Great, fun machine to play. I love my color DMD, and it's easy to install and looks great. I got updated ROMS from Matt's Basement Arcade. Very reasonable and again, easy to install.

Awesome. Thank you for the info. Just to be clear. You need those updated ROMs to be able to have the color DMD work, correct?

#1694 5 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

The colordmd Rom was designed with the cpu v1.12 or unofficial cpu v1.13, along with display v1.06. It has been tested with these and will work perfectly. There is a very good chance that older versions will work fine too. If you don't care if you have the latest game version, just get the colordmd and try it. Worst thing that can happen is some screens might not color correctly. If you notice that, you can order the updated roms then.
That being said there are some nice things fixed in the 1.12, as well as the unnoficial 1.13 you might want otherwise.

That's great info. I really appreciate it. Thank you

3 months later
#1907 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, looks like my new plastic methodology is going to work great, and will allow me to adhere the graphic on the bottom instead of the top to look more like an original plastic.
So here is how it will be starting from the top layer working to the bottom:
1) Lexan sheet (plastic)
2) Adhesive sheet
3) Printed graphic
4) Clear gloss vinyl (to protect the paper graphic)
I have someone testing my graphic for size and fit tomorrow, and once that is good I will produce a prototype. FYI, we are discovering that the holes can be different lengths apart depending upon the pin, so I will be creating the left hole as a slot instead of just a circle to accommodate for this.[quoted image]

Count me in for one when you get them made up. Looks great!!

1 week later
#1936 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

Here’s a pic of my stadium lighting. Second pic is with them off to show the difference which is much greater than the camera shows. Total price is about $30
Starting with the aluminum strips...
1/2” aluminum angle strips $4 x2
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Steelworks-3-ft-x-1-2-in-Aluminum-Solid-Angle/3053617
Glue one magnet on each end of strip. I used original gorilla glue.
Magnets. enough for 3 games $11 or $4/pin
amazon.com link »
When glue cures, paint rails with black gloss spray paint then attach 5v led strips. The glue on the strips below sucks so I used some mounting tape at the ends to hold everything in place.
Led strips $6 x2
amazon.com link »
Finally, attach the below metal plates to the inside of the cabinet directly below the glass channel. I used the rectangular one and cut them in half. This is what the magnets stick to. They are ultra thin So no worries about clearance like you have with magnetic tape.
Thin metal pads used for cell phone mounts $5 enough for 3-4 games or $1/pin
amazon.com link »
You can now hook the led strips directly to a gi socket.
Optional. For a clean install, I used this usb mount which I mounted behind the backplate of the play field. Nice thing about that is it’s easy to remove leds all together.... or if led strip goes bad etc, just unplug and replace.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Going back a little while (post 1488), but attempting to install this set up on my LAH. I am having trouble finding where the USB mount connector connects into the gi, to power the LEDs. If someone had this set up, can you please take a pic or 2 of how this connects? Or any advice is appreciated. Thanks for the help

4 weeks later
#1990 5 years ago

I'm in for one

1 year later
#2577 3 years ago

Ok everyone. Finaly decided that I'm going to pull the trigger on getting Pinsound for my LAH. Looking for advice on what exactly I will need to make this thing rock! It looks like ( if I'm seeing it correctly ) there are a few Data East items I may need to add to make everything work. Can anyone with this sound system let me know what exactly what you purchased to make it work?
Note - I have already upgraded all the speakers from the factory to new, including an external Polk Audio sub.

Thanks for you help!

#2581 3 years ago

Thanks guys for all the advice! Just placed the order for the Pinsound plus board, power booster and headphone jack station. I like the idea of being able to control the volume easily from the jack station. Can't wait to get the captain mix downloaded!

Thanks again!

1 year later
#2944 2 years ago

This is awesome! I wanted to update to the color dmd, but after seeing this I need the pin2dmd. Can someone tell me exactly what I would need and how do I get the software to have the movie clips on it? Thanks!

#2946 2 years ago

Thank you trueno92. Much appreciated!! I will reach out to Dino. Can't wait!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtbike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in?tu=dirtbike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.