20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brad76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#196 9 years ago

Tried this as a regular post with no responses so I figured I'd try the club.

OK, on my front left leg plate, my LAH has a normal 3 sided leg plate with 3 angles (more like a Williams) that is working fine. Possibly replaced by someone, but not sure???

The other three just have the small flat plate that's maybe an inch wide and 4 inches tall. Those other 3 plate all seem to be stripped out. They will not tighten properly and were held on the inside with a nut. Tried a bolt from another game and it wouldn't thread in properly.

Needless to say I'd like to replace the leg plates and buy new bolts but I don't have the manual handy and I keep running into Williams/bally leg plates online but not the small Data East ones. Can anyone send me a link with the proper leg plate and proper bolts that would fit those plates so I do not end up ordering the wrong kind.

Thanks, Brad

#198 9 years ago

Thanks the manual lists the leg bolts as 231-5000-01 but it does not show a leg plate number. One guy from another posting said he thought these would work and that he was going to buy them for a DE star wars? Anyone know if these are the correct ones? They look correct its just a matter of if the bolt holes line up with a data east leg...

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-9296

3 weeks later
#242 9 years ago

Two thoughts - one is on the ripper shot. On mine if I shoot the ripper with the left flipper it comes back down to the left flipper and IF I have held up the left flipper, the ripper shot will knock the flipper down and usually drain between the flippers. Is there any way to adjust that from happening and have the flipper be able to hold up on that hard shot. Does this happen on everyones games?

Second question is how do you get Last, Action, and Hero lit. I've lit Last and action but I'm kind of just banging the ball around at the point and can't figure out what is allowing me to get those awards?

#248 9 years ago

I'm still working on the ripper shot knocking down my left flipper. I have another thread working on pinside about it.

But, one idea is that my EOS switch is not working. Would the flippers still work if the EOS switch is broken?

Also, they suggested to put it in switch test and lift the flipper up by hand to see if it registers in the switch test. I did this and neither flipper registers. Can someone on here try this to see if there flippers will register on LAH just to compare.

Thanks

#249 9 years ago

Umm, ok after a bit of inspection, neither EOS switch under the playfield near the flippers has any wires hooked up to them. That sounds more than suspicious. I'm assuming that should not be the case? They look like pretty new EOS switches with no solder on the connections ever. Any idea where the wires should be coming from as I don't see any loose ones sitting around that need attached? Can you let me know where to look for or what they should be connected to and what colors.

Thanks

#254 9 years ago

I would like to hook up the EOS flipper switches. Problem is, I don't see 4 loose wires sitting near or around the EOS switches near the flippers under the playfield. Its like someone put new switches on, didn't hook them up, and probably stuffed the end of the wires in a bundle somewhere. Can someone tell me the four colors of the EOS switch wires so I can search for them some more. And/or do they come from anywhere in particular in case the wire is just completely gone? Thanks

#257 9 years ago

Thanks caker137, that's what I needed. I found the 4 wires stuffed together in the bundle that you see together in the far left side of the picture above. Somebody soldered the Brown/purple wire together with the blue/purple wire. Then they separately soldered the blue/grey wire together to the brown/grey striped wire. I'm guessing they did that to complete a circuit. So they are soldered together but not hooked up to the EOS switches. Can anyone figure out (A) why they would do that and (B) is there any reason anyone can see that I just can't clip them, strip them, and connect them to the EOS switches. As I said above the EOS switches have never had solder on them.

I just can't figure out if someone rebuilt the flippers and forgot to hook them up. Seems strange that they were just soldered together and stuffed in the wire bundle. Not sure what to think.

#260 9 years ago

ebay.com link: DE Data East Last Action Hero Crane Assembly for Pinball Machine

Not mine but just saw a LAH crane and crane assembly for 85 bucks on ebay if anyone is in need of one. 1 day left

#262 9 years ago

Update to the EOS situation. Finally had some time. Took the EOS wires out of the bundle. Hooked them up properly and everything works fine. The left flipper stays up when the ripper shot is shot at it. I'd say it moves a bit maybe drops 1/8 as it gets but does stay up. So I guess it turns out either it was never hooked up, but more likely the flippers were rebuilt and for some reason that guy never hooked up the EOS switches.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brad76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in?tu=brad76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.