20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1220 5 years ago

Hey everyone. I'm going to look at a Last action Hero on Friday. Hopefully I'll be joining this club. Anyways, is there anything that I need to look for that's a deal breaker? In most ads it seems people often refer to the Crain. If this one doesn't work are part available for. Thank you for any insight on this game. They are asking $2k for it.

#1222 5 years ago

thank you

#1225 5 years ago

Is there any place that still sells the movie poster trans light? I've seen it in a game and looks great

#1228 5 years ago

Game didn't work out today. Im going tomorrow morning to get it, or as I told my wife, I'm going to "look" at it.

#1230 5 years ago

what should i pay for a game that doesnt work if everything is there?

#1232 5 years ago

I got it. $1500, pretty much all the fuse are blown. Now, im replacing them to see if i can get more than PF lights
PF is dirty. A little bit of wear on the ticket. cabinet is in great shape Trans, in super sharpe. No magnet wear. Does have the shaker motor in it.However broken drop targets. Ill post some pics soon

#1234 5 years ago

anyone know where I can get the ticket overlay?

#1239 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I'll look up the info on mine, might be Sunday tho.

great! thank you

#1240 5 years ago

Here is my game I picked up

IMG_1930 (resized).JPGIMG_1930 (resized).JPGIMG_8953 (resized).JPGIMG_8953 (resized).JPGIMG_9688 (resized).JPGIMG_9688 (resized).JPG
#1242 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Boy, not too shabby looking at all! Looks like you might have scored!

More pics as you go thru it, please. It would be an interesting read.

Here's some pics of mine. The replacement ticket, instruction cards I found, and one of the playfield after I added LEDs. And yes, I have LW3 speaker grills...

For sure. Ive restored a bunch of games. I'll take my time with it. On the other hand, I cant wait to play it. DMD seem to be messed up. There is some sort of board issue and/or power supply. I'll hunt it down this week. I just ordered a bunch of parts today, so once they come in then Ill start working on it.

#1254 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Here is my game I picked up

Update on my game. WHAT A BIG F'ing MESS! So I picked it up this past Saturday. The game wouldn't come on. I tested the fuses and found 2 blown fuses on the power supply, 3 blown on the driver board. I replaced them. As soon as I turn on the game most of them blow. I messed with it some more then figured it was more than i wanted to hassle with. So I took the game to my operator friend that repairs all my boards when I have issues. He is really good at the repairs. He's had it since Monday. He told me there is no power going to the main board. That the person who worked on it before i got it tried to repair the power supply and put something in backwards thus causing all this problems on the other boards. He did say there is a blow chip on the driver board too. UGH! Hopefully he gets it working soon so I can shop out the game and play it. All my parts that I needed for it came in today. Guess I should have ordered some Rottendog boards and called it good. I also want to add the Pinsound sound board. Those custom builds sound really cool. Anyways, I'll throw an update on here once i get it running. Fingers crossed it's soon.

#1258 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Perhaps you can clean it up yourself rather than shop it out, or maybe not have them strip everything but still get a decent cleaning done at a reasonable cost.

Yeah, thats what I meaning. I will strip the PF down give it a good cleaning and wax job. I got all new LED's for it too. So I'll clean all the sockets as well all that good stuff. Im pretty good at fixing a lot of these problems, but board work is not my strong suit. Id rather keep the original boards if their fixable.

1 week later
#1295 5 years ago

Those of you with the Pin Sound cards in this game, is it worth the money? Is the custom download from their site already a good one or would it be better to build my own? Is it difficult to build the custome sounds? I'm a computer guy and love to customize my games. I think it would awesome to have Megadeaths Angry again play when you start the game. Please let me know your pros and cons on this card before I throw down the $$$. Thanks

#1297 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

Absolutely. Probably the best money you can spend on this pin. The mix by Julien (which you can download on pinsound site), is fantastic... but you can always change out the 1 or 2 songs that you may not like in that mix if you want.

Not aware of any cons.

AWESOME! Thank you. Just ordered one.

#1302 5 years ago
Quoted from smailskid:

I would guess it to be a setting on my computer. I have MacBook Pro running 10.13.5 High Sierra OS. If any Mac computer people have a suggestion I am all ears.

Try a few things, clear your browsing data. Also, try a different browser. Try being plugged into your internet instead of wifi. Give those a try.

#1306 5 years ago

Reboot your router?

#1317 5 years ago

I picked up my game from getting board work done yesterday late afternoon. Then the fun began. I've put about 13-14 hours into cleaning, changing out bulbs to LED's, replaced all drop targets, adjusting switches and installing missing parts odds and ends. Then the mail came today and I got my new Pinsound card. Everyone was right! This card is awesome. Even if you want to run the stock sounds and music it is such an upgrade. I downloaded few from the pinsound site but landed on TheCapn mix. That is sooo awesome. Here is some before and after pics

IMG_0282 (resized).JPGIMG_0282 (resized).JPGIMG_1253 (resized).JPGIMG_1253 (resized).JPG
#1319 5 years ago

does anyone have a crane ball lock ramp (blue one) for sale? Or know where I can buy one?

#1322 5 years ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

I’m almost positive it has to do with trough switch or mech because I’ll reach in and give it a little rattle and then a ball pops out.

You are probably right. Mine was doing a similar thing too. I adjusted the switches and all is good now.

#1335 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I'll drop the new Arnold call outs in the next revision.

1. Some delay tweaks will be added to the mode call out soundtracks.
2. Agreed. Jungle gets a bump.
3. The "Don't Move" call out I have is pulled directly from the movie and is very clear - whereas the 1.25 Julien version is barely even audible. Gonna keep the current.

I also don't have "match" enabled on my game so the "Hamlet is taking out the trash" quote never plays on mine. So, I will look into enabling it on my game.
Thanks again for the input. I hope to get this mix tweaked out.

I downloaded your mix last week. Love it! You did a great job. However, I did customize it for my liking. I removed the Rob Zombie song and the Megadeth Symphony Of Destruction. In their place I added added the other Alice in Chains song on the soundtrack called A little Bitter. But that song has a long intro that I cut down. It turned out good. So I have 3 songs that will play. Big Guns, Angry again and A little Bitter. I changed the multiball to Fishbone Swim, which is also on the sound track. I left Welcome to the jungle in. I like all the Arnold call outs and have not seen any issues with them. They DO NOT seem to be on top of each other as smailskid stated. At least I haven't noticed.

#1360 5 years ago

Question: When the crane is at rest to the left side is it supposed make contact with the switch on the Blue (ball lock) ramp all the time? Meaning keeping it closed. Or does it just hit closing it and then opening it? Mine seems to hit it and then moves slightly away from it. Do I need to adjust the crane? If so how do I adjust it? Thanks fo any help.

#1369 5 years ago

GOT IT! Thanks everyone. I also was able to replace the flashers with LED blue flashers. I have to admit, at first I was looking for the hole on the crane on the playfield leftside....didn't see it, then it sunk in, the Cranes left side which is pf right side. DUH! Thanks again for the help. My game is now all finished except for the new ROM code chip I'm waiting from Marco. Current code is 1.08.
Also, I love the Pinsound card. I put my edited version of TheCapn code along with the stock sounds. Now I can toggle between the 2.

#1380 5 years ago

I just updated my code to the last one. 1.12v I was using 1.08. What are the main differences? I havent had this game long enough to notice the differences.

#1382 5 years ago

Color DMD is awesome news. Great, I get to spend more money on this game!!

#1392 5 years ago

There was a guy on eBay selling NOS playfield plastics for $40. I dont see them right now, but keep and eye out. I bought a set as a back up. He has had more than one of these listed.

#1394 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Confirmed NOS or good repro

The ones I got are NOS. Honestly, they are in clear packaging and I didn't even pull them out. Ill look closer at them if you'd like me to.

#1403 5 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

So, many of us are using the new "unofficial" 1.13 code (which I really enjoy), will that affect color DMD install if you are running 1.13?

website shows it will work

lah color (resized).pnglah color (resized).png
#1404 5 years ago

Where can I find a chip with code 1.13v on it? Anyone know where they sell them?

#1427 5 years ago

Im looking at getting the color DMD display for LAH. I noticed that Color DMD website states this:
NOTE: Displays ship preconfigured with ColorDMD SIGMA firmware. Multicolor operation in a Last Action Hero pinball machine requires download and installation of new firmware using a USB flash drive. Instructions for firmware update are provided, and available on the SUPPORT page of our website.

But there isn't a USB port on the board. I do have the current 1.12v rom chip. So Im a little confused on what I would need to buy. Could someone clue me in on how this works? Sorry for the lame question, I've never installed a color DMD.

#1429 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yes, USB ports shown circled in yellow. This is as it is how you have to update to the color ROM for any game.

Oh gotcha! It comes on the new DMD. Easy enough. Thanks for the info.

#1442 5 years ago
Quoted from smailskid:

Anyone order the LCD color DMD version for LAH?

Do they have the LCD available for LAH? I thought I only saw it in LED

#1446 5 years ago

So my understanding is, I can get the color DMD for LAH, install it, but I cant get full color display because the website doesnt have the updated firmware for it posted yet. Am I correct in this?

#1448 5 years ago

As per the announcement, the LED color ROM should be available on the 20th

Ah gotcha...Thats perfect timing for me

#1465 5 years ago

It's Friday, where's the LAH colordmd firmware? Jk, just anxious to see my game in color.

#1467 5 years ago

Friday has only gotten started. It is 10am here.

Just joking around. Im excited to install my new DMD.

#1471 5 years ago

LAH color ROM for the ColorDMD has been posted!!!

Sweet!!! got it

#1473 5 years ago

I love this game. I wanted this game for awhile but never pulled the trigger. Then the right project came along and I got it. Now with color dmd and pinsound card and all LED’s it’s amazing. Such and underrated game.

F80B6F95-5ED4-4741-84F8-A3301AB67988 (resized).jpegF80B6F95-5ED4-4741-84F8-A3301AB67988 (resized).jpeg
#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

If this pin had a popular theme and better art package, it would be a top 50 pin all day long.

I think Stadium lights are next. I did update the both the game rom and the video rom to the latest. I think if the movie had been more popular then this would be a more popular game. But I like the art package and theme. Arnold was a huge star back then. But I see where you're coming from.

#1479 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

I built a diy set with 1/2” aluminum channel for about $20 and it fit great. Makes a huge difference

Put up a pic if you can. Id like to see how yours turned out. Thanks

#1483 5 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

Made you guys a home on Facebook! Come join and add some content

Just joined. Thank you

#1487 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

it spent some time as a league game, made a trip to the Golden State Pinball Festival,

Wait...this is the one that was at Golden State Pinball Festival? In the Kids tournament section? IamNaN had brought it and I never knew he had it for sale. I played the heck out of that game. That show and that game was the turning point of me deciding that I really wanted to find that game for my collection.

#1491 5 years ago

Very awesome. Thank you for taking the time Scorch

#1515 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I don't HAVE pinsound so I don't really have a horse in this race but if I was to GET Pinsound, I'd like something that uses the film soundtrack exclusively. There are alot of cool songs on that soundtrack.

I love the idea of the Tesla "Last Action Hero" song playing during the Last Action Hero multiball (or M-BALL, lol) BTW, anyone got video of that?

I have the soundtrack on CD and yes its great. I changed out some of the tracks on Capn's first version by adding Fish Bone and the other Alice and Chains song. I wanted to make it most of it from the sound track. I like it.

#1516 5 years ago

My knocker sounds really wimpy. When you get a replay during a game you almost cant hear it. Does anyone else experience this?

#1524 5 years ago

For those of you that have installed the ticket overlay on your playfield, have you seen any wear on it over time? Should I put some mylar over it?

#1529 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

So a blue ramp is impossible to find?

Seems to be. I bought one off eBay about a month ago and it wasnt perfect.

#1531 5 years ago

I installed the pinsound headphones/volume control unit in my game tonight. It's so awesome!! Highly recommend buying one if you buy a pinsound card for this game. Word of advice, if you have leg protectors for your cabinet, you will need longer bolts. Also, the directions say to run the cat5 cable on the outside of the bottom of the cabinet. I drilled a hole underneath the coin box towards the edge and then ran the cable inside the cabinet to the head and pinsound card. Good times!

2 weeks later
#1536 5 years ago

I put LED's in my LAH including the flashers. Is anyone using anything to slow down the strobe of the flashing bulbs? To me it gets pretty intense to where I cant even see the ball. Maybe I'm just old.

2 months later
#1764 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Welp, sent Arnold off to a new family last nite, so I'm out of the LAH club. Have fun y'all.

NOOOOOOO! say it aint so. What are you getiing in place of LAH?

3 weeks later
#1778 5 years ago

My volume control is also flaky but works. I bought a Pinsound card and the leg controls. The sound is so much better, especially with @thecapn audio mix. This games sounds and plays just like a new Stern game.

2 weeks later
#1814 5 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Finally a member of this club!

Just a suggestion from your picture, I would plug your game into a good surge protector rather than straight to the wall. Welcome to the club.

#1819 5 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I got a pinsound plus for Christmas and installed it into my LAH. I’m running TheCapn 1.20 mix and love it but it is really loud even with the volume turned all the way down on the machine. Am I missing something or are these just that loud? I tried a different mix from the pinsound website and it was just as loud. It seems like the last 30 degrees on my volume pot don’t change anything. Is there a minimum volume override somewhere?

I too have a pinsound card in mine. I found I had to adjust the volume on the card itself and the volume in the cabinet. Id turn the volume almost all the way up on the pinsound card and then adjust it from the cabinet. I also have the leg volume control, so throw that into the mix

#1823 5 years ago

Leg control = headphone station, which is also volume control when headphones are not plugged in

1 week later
#1830 5 years ago

Custom made my own mirrored game blades. Bought the vinyl off Amazon for $20. I made a template with tracing paper then cut them out. I think they came out pretty nice. However I would look for maybe some thicker vinyl next time. This stuff is .003 inch thick. All in all, for $20 and about 2 hours of my time im happy with the outcome. Here is the stuff if anyone is interested. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LYMX48I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
IMG_1722 (resized).JPGIMG_1722 (resized).JPGIMG_5746 (resized).JPGIMG_5746 (resized).JPGIMG_5896 (resized).JPGIMG_5896 (resized).JPG

#1832 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Neat...but this caught my eye. Mind elaborating?

Oh That? Thats a little TV that plays the whole movie... got it from Sparky http://sparkypinball.com/
Runs off of an SD card

2 weeks later
#1851 5 years ago

trying to find a spot for my Jack Slater, but he wont fit. He would look great in the game but He's to tall.

IMG_0802 (resized).JPGIMG_0802 (resized).JPGIMG_6643 (resized).JPGIMG_6643 (resized).JPGIMG_7582 (resized).JPGIMG_7582 (resized).JPG
#1878 5 years ago
Quoted from madmatt1:

I have one figure in my LAH; Benedict (in his white suite) standing next to the VUK. No trouble with the glass or the wire frame.
Is your figure bigger then the stander size?

Yes, my Jack Slater was custom painted. I think its from a newer Terminator action figure. He's about the size of the Ghostbusters figures. The detail is awesome. I just happen to see it on eBay and grabbed it.

#1879 5 years ago
Quoted from Sohal1025:

Have you seen that stuff any thicker?
I’ve looked around and didn’t come up with anything.

I havent looked. I think the stuff I bought was 3ml. I bought game blades for my Family guy from Pin Graffix and they are about the same thickness as this stuff I bought from Amazon. Don't get me wrong, Im happy with how they came out, I was just saying If I could change anything Id get maybe 1ml thicker...but then again there is little for no clearance on the sides of this game. I already scratched my blades because I wasnt being careful lifting the playfield. So I made another and put it in. Hope this helps

#1886 5 years ago

I have some extra plastics I bought off ebay. Ill look and see if this one is in with what I have tonight when I get home from work.

1 month later
#1992 5 years ago

Ill take one

#1999 5 years ago
Quoted from Steve350f:

I've been working on my LAH doing some mods and cleaning

color dmd!

1 month later
#2043 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I will provide the link below for ONE DAY

Thank you Sir! I already have your other build that I have modified for my wants, but Im curious about this one. Thank you for sharing.

#2048 5 years ago

updated my trasnlite today.

57740309968__FF256146-CADD-49B5-8771-BE34FDA609AF (resized).JPG57740309968__FF256146-CADD-49B5-8771-BE34FDA609AF (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#2071 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Does anybody have a machine that plays these songs?

Mine does. Except I have a pinsound card in mine.

4 months later
#2216 4 years ago

Is your game level?

2 months later
#2292 4 years ago
Quoted from frogman70:

Didn’t have any time to reseat plugs but any ideas of were to start?

Reseating the plugs and checking fuses is where I would start from.

2 weeks later
#2332 4 years ago

Yeah, Im not a fan of the above translight. I put the "Big Boot" translight in mine. It fits the movie poster.
57740309968__FF256146-CADD-49B5-8771-BE34FDA609AF (resized).jpg57740309968__FF256146-CADD-49B5-8771-BE34FDA609AF (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in?tu=bicyclenut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.