20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MT45.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#349 9 years ago

Last Action Hero owner here and wondering if any of you know where to find replacement motor?

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

What size is the Allen wrench for that and the lane diverter. Bigger than 3mm and smaller than 4mm. 3.5mm isn't really a standard size, is it really SAE 1/8 or 9/64?

That's a 9/64 ...I had the same issue yesterday and it drove me nuts!

5 years later
#2233 4 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Yes I did the speaker upgrade but not the headphones - the data east power booster made a huge difference to the overall sound quality and performance

Help! I added the Pinsound board and the Capn mix last evening - just the board, no power booster and no upgrade to the speakers. The sound is dissapointing - it's actually worse than before

It's distorted, tinny and hard to understand - not clear at all (BTW, love the new mix!)

A few questions:
Will upgrading speakers in head a cab make any difference?
Will adding the booster (or hacking the game to deliver the proper voltage) make a difference?
How do you "best" connect a subwoofer ... I added one via the RCA outs and, again, not impressed (and I have 10 other subs in my GR to comp to)
IMG_6372 (resized).JPGIMG_6372 (resized).JPG

#2237 4 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

The power booster makes a world of difference - once I installed the booster the Capn's mix was clear and my sound issues went away - I was concerned that the usb stick I used may have been an issue but after the booster I did not even have to upgrade the usb stick. The booster is the easiest and cheapest fix - less than 5 minutes and you will know if this fixes your problem.

Quoted from oradke:

Agree - you NEED the power booster for any DE pin. Solved the issue on both my LAH and my SW.

Thanks guys ... I saw in an earlier part of this thread that you can "hack" deliver the necessary/correct voltage - same as the booster
Anyone try that?

2 weeks later
#2239 4 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

The power booster makes a world of difference - once I installed the booster the Capn's mix was clear and my sound issues went away - I was concerned that the usb stick I used may have been an issue but after the booster I did not even have to upgrade the usb stick. The booster is the easiest and cheapest fix - less than 5 minutes and you will know if this fixes your problem.

Holy cow!

Quoted from oradke:

Agree - you NEED the power booster for any DE pin. Solved the issue on both my LAH and my SW.

Double holy cow!!
You guys were so right. Just played a game after installing the power cable from the Pinsound guys. It's like a different game and the sound is freaking awesome!!
Wow, just blown away, Capn mix is stunning - now I need to upgrade cabinet and backbox speakers
Any suggestions?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 18.95
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MT45.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in?tu=MT45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.