20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kiwipinz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1003 6 years ago

Just joined the club with a dead LAH last week. I got it for a very very sweet price (considering prices of machines in NZ) and so spent around 15 hours over the weekend trouble shooting the PSB & PPB (as well as the Flipper board). $40 worth of components and its back to working sweet!

It still needs a bit of a tuneup and a full clean, for now I'm enjoying my hard work! I do have one annoying issue and thats the ball getting stuck either behind or under (as in the picture) the wire in the back right VUK - any tips on how to prevent this from happening?

IMG_3141 (resized).JPGIMG_3141 (resized).JPG

#1006 6 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Had the same problem, and simply bend down the loop a bit more. Has been working perfectly fine for the last 9 months now.

Thanks for the info, funnily enough I just came across your post a few pages back regarding it. I assume theres no way to bend the wire without taking the VUK off the playfield?

#1008 6 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Not really, but it comes off rather easy compared to some other games out there.

Yep, was a really easy fix - and now the only issue I have is the ball getting hung up occasionally on the drop downs. Such a fun game!

#1012 6 years ago

Thats a great idea - I'm hoping after a full clean and wax it will be too quick for the ball to rest on the drop downs. Can anyone recommend where to get the 1.13 rom (pre-burnt)? Is it also advisable to update the sound and display roms too?

1 week later
#1016 6 years ago

Hey guys could anyone please check their machines and see if I'm missing a post on the left drain (right drain has one in the same place).

Cheers

IMG_3164 (resized).JPGIMG_3164 (resized).JPG

IMG_3162 (resized).JPGIMG_3162 (resized).JPG

#1018 6 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Yes, mine has one on both sides. Looks like yours has a pilot hole but was never installed at the factory!

Cheers man, any idea if this is a common part (noob question).

2 weeks later
#1035 6 years ago

Hey guys, has anyone ever had both the top right VUK switch and the right 'mystery' scoop switch go dead at the same time? Neither are registering in switch mode - is it just a stink coincidence or should I be looking at something else? I have depressed them manually and they both sound like there switching.

Added over 6 years ago: Just an update on this in case anyone else has this issue, white/purple wire had loose connection on the top right VUK switch. Re-soldered and everything is working sweet! *A few days down and I started going into withdrawals!

1 month later
#1041 6 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Hey y'all,
Joined this club the other week, haven't had a lot of time to play it yet, but love DE's. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions but a few to start that I can notice:
- This is missing the ticket speaker grills, anyone know the best way to get a set or have one they'd be willing to sell?
- What kind of action should I expect from the magnets? I've started multiball but haven't seen much in that area? Are there any ways to test it in the menus?
- What LED kit is the best?

Welcome to the club! Sorry can't help with the speaker grills, but I'm sure someone here will have a lead on them for you!

In regards to the magnets, you can check them in the diagnostics settings - if you haven't grabbed the manual yet its available here http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1416/Data_East_1993_Last_Action_Hero_Manual.pdf the driver board for it is underneath the playfield (lower middle) - if your magnets aren't working I would check the fuses there first. I just picked up a bunch of LEDS from Comet and kinda made my own kit as its heaps cheaper and it also allows you to play around a bit with where you want colours etc.

3 months later
#1148 6 years ago

Hey guys, just wondering what might cause the game to allow you to start modes without going up the ramp to turn off the Dynamite light? It has only just started happening!?

#1150 6 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

When the ball rolls over either of your inlanes it will give you temporary access to dynamite features. Instead of it being LIT it will blink for few seconds but if you nail the scoop while its blinking the feature will activate.

Well that makes sense. Awesome, thanks!!

2 months later
#1226 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Is there any place that still sells the movie poster trans light? I've seen it in a game and looks great

Apparently this guy on ebay was doing the movie poster translite, but is currently only listing the trump version.....

ebay.com link: Last Action Hero Pinball Novelty Translite

2 weeks later
#1308 5 years ago
Quoted from smailskid:

Yes did that as well

I'm downloading it now and can upload it to another host and shoot you the link, if Capn doesn't mind?

6 months later
#1869 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Picked up a Last Action hero a couple weeks ago. Noticed that it was side draining like crazy. There are 2 holes above the plastic returns that look like they could have posts. Are these optional or recommended?
[quoted image]

I believe the right hand side is installed from factory, and the left side is optional - which I installed as it was killer.

3 months later
#2068 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Does anybody have a machine that plays these songs?
[quoted image]

Yeah I'm pretty sure all machines do, its the midi version though so not super recognisable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kiwipinz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in?tu=Kiwipinz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.