20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 10 years ago

I got mine 10 days ago and plan to tear it down this week...Get it cleaned up and put LED's in. I haven't put much time in playing it what I'm looking forward to it.. I also got cliffy's to install..

#29 10 years ago

I like the alternate translight but I don't know if I like it $100 more...

#32 10 years ago

I started tearing down my LAH tonight, any advice on getting all of this off with the crane? Any tips/tricks would be appreciated..

1382570905701.jpg1382570905701.jpg 1382570929922.jpg1382570929922.jpg
#34 10 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

The crane has to go. Use an alan wrench.

I was hoping someone wouldn't say that. I was thinking I might be able to work around it...guess not..

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

The crane has to go. Use an alan wrench.

when you unscrew it does the whole crane come off? Or do you have to mess with the wiring?
Does it need to be readjusted when you put it back on?

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't have my game handy but can't you take the wood screw out from under the pf so the socket comes out and change the bulb that way.

Hmmm, I may go this route depending on what needs to be cleaned & replaced. If not I'll tinker with the crane...

Quoted from caker137:

but that's not too awful; maybe 10 minutes of tinkering with the Allen screw and running the test mode.

Is that 10 minutes pinball time = 30min real time? Followed by a help me thread

#50 10 years ago

is this the adjustment screw to take the crane off?

IMAG0899.jpgIMAG0899.jpg
#55 10 years ago

I started taking it apart and under the left plastic by the locks were these 2 wires. any ideas where they go? I don't see any spots where they would fit.

IMAG0901.jpgIMAG0901.jpg
#57 10 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

I am doing the same thing. Please tell me I don't have to remove the ramp and the crane to put in the other two blue LED's on the left..? I've tried to figure it out without removing it, but looks like it is necessary.

My crane screw looked stripped or I couldn't find the right allen wrench so I worked around it. It wasn't easy but I did it..

Quoted from Chrisg:Plenty of powder coating, LEDs, painted inside cabinet/backbox and a new translight!

That yellow power coating looks awesome!

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't know how he could have missed that, the yellow lamp is in his picture.

I don't know how I missed that either. I could swear there was something else plugged in that spot. I'll have to look again later

#66 10 years ago

Finished shopping my last action hero tonight! Got all of the LED's in I was even able to play a couple of games. I'm looking forward to having this pin for a long time!

IMAG0923.jpgIMAG0923.jpg
#68 10 years ago

I have to say Cliffys are a must have for this game...

IMAG0904.jpgIMAG0904.jpg IMAG0928.jpgIMAG0928.jpg
#71 10 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

Cointaker frosteds look much better in those m-ball and chicken lights.

It beats what was originally in there...I bought a bunch of bulbs from Art at Comet. 350 bulbs were $100 w/free shipping. I was able to do the LAH & the LW3 I just got & still have a bunch left over. I love Cointaker but I'm not going to put that much money into every machine.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from nitroshaker:

Just joined the club tonight. Found one fresh off a route that seems to only need a massive bath and a golden ticket overlay right now. Anyone seen an overlay for sale in the states? I have only found one online at pinball center in Europe. They must be for sale here somewhere.

Welcome! I just got my LAH recently & my ticket is good, I just need to get some Mylar. I see the overlay you mentioned & I didn't even know they made that..Hopefully someone will chime in where to get it. Maybe put out a wtb thread, someone may have an extra..

#75 10 years ago

Does anyone have any cool instruction/free play cards for this game? I got a couple from pinball rebel but I'm still messing with the coloring on the instruction card...

1 week later
#82 10 years ago
Quoted from Chrisg:

Here's my LAH that I rebuilt over the past 2 months. Plenty of powder coating, LEDs, painted inside cabinet/backbox and a new translight!
Only one flipper issue and a bit of ticket wear to touch up and it will be perfect!
This is a really fun game with plenty of features.

That looks great and I want to have that done to my game. Do you remember what's the name of that yellow color?

image-527.jpg 2 MB

image-326.jpg 2 MB

image-670.jpg 2 MB

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Chrisg:

Lemon yellow. It is in the dulux catalogue of colors. I also re coated my vuk and the short wireform ramp that takes the ball from the vuk into the right ramp. It looks way better IMO.
Don't do all the wireforms or it will look like a fisher-price toy!

If I did that I think it would stand out too much against the crane. I would almost have to do both & that won't happen...Thx for answering on the color..I'll post pix when it's done..

#85 10 years ago

It seems like every once in awhile after multiball, when the last ball drains it doesn't recognize it. Does a ball search & kicks out another ball. Has anyone else had that problem?

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I had that on my JP, I would imagine it's nearly the same on LAH. Turned out being the kicker switch, the one that senses that one has been ejected from the trough and is ready to hit the shooter lane. I didn't see a trough detail drawing in the LAH manual, but the switch location chart shows that switch #15 might be the culprit.
Make sure that it actually triggers reliably, when there are balls going in and out of the trough during multiball it seems like mine would miss one every now and again. It wasn't sensed, so in reality you were not playing 6 ball multiball, you're playing 5 with one stuck, thus ball search kicks in and eventually fires the solenoid to shoot it out.

Thx, I'll run a switch test & see what that tells me..

1 week later
#97 10 years ago

This game is still kicking my ass..had it for a month & still haven't gotten a high score...I had T2 for a week & already got GC score...

2 weeks later
#120 10 years ago
Quoted from JackSlater:

Ok thanks I tend to think the cointakers kits are too bright for my taste. (From what I have seen)
I'm only going for leds in the inserts since it would uplift gameplay/looks and gi is good enough in this pin.
I'll make my own.
What about comet pinball for leds?

I did mine with comet LED's. I was very happy with the way it came out. There is ghosting on the four lights over the scoops. Maybe one or two other places. It doesn't bother me. Especially when you factor in the price. I got 350 bulbs from Comet, enough to do 3-4 machines for the same price if not less than what one kit would cost.

IMAG0927.jpgIMAG0927.jpg
#126 10 years ago
Quoted from JackSlater:

About comet pinball, how is service and shipping?

Art was great to work with, fast shipping, quality product. I'm already on my 2nd order from him..

1 year later
#543 8 years ago

I need the 2 corner plastics if anyone has. I wouldn't mind the 2 lane guide ticket plastics if they have nice color. Mine are faded.

1 week later
#554 8 years ago
Quoted from ozzyzz:

Someone knows if the Arnold with kid Translite are for sale somewhere?
please pm.

http://pugsotoys.wix.com/pinballalternatives#!translites

This is the site from the guy who sells them, you have to contact him directly via email

[email protected]

1 month later
#594 8 years ago
Quoted from madmatt1:

OK.... added the thread to my Favorites. Just picked up a LAH at Houston Expo last week; thanks JW!! Fun table, very underrate.
Just order Cliffy's hole and post protectors; it seems to be a must for this game. The play-field is about an 8 out of 10 with little wear. Only signs of wear is the damn holes and the golden ticket.
I see many people adding LED to the table..... has anyone tried the pinballbulbs.com kit?????? It looks amazing!!!
Please chime in..... I know Macro and Coin taker have a kit too.......
Anyway....
MM
OUT

There is an overlay for the ticket. Guy in Canada makes them

5 months later
#658 7 years ago
Quoted from madmatt1:

Quick question... I was moving my LAH, laid the head done and realized I didn't the two large bolts that go from the head to the body.
I know it's a little over kill (the swing lock is fine) but I would feel a better having them in.
What size are those bolts????
Thanks,
MM
OUT

Same size as leg bolts

1 month later
#661 7 years ago

That looks really cool! 1st time I've heard of that. But it looks like you have to burn the ROM yourself.

2 weeks later
#671 7 years ago

Here's mine. Love it in the game

1468364655142-960058390_(resized).jpg1468364655142-960058390_(resized).jpg

3 months later
#711 7 years ago
Quoted from jordan:

Hello,
does anyone know what to search for when your display shows "Open the Door" but everything is checked?
I ordered an Nvram and installed.The same.
The Mpu boots ,Pia led is off and the other 2 light as supposed.
I see on the display the audit message and then Open the Door.After that it stays blank(It gives me a command 80 message randomly).
Entering the diagnostic or audit it steps every 2 and i cannot change many...
Of course i have no sound.
I have checked voltage to Mpu...on the pin or on the bench.Looks ok.
I have no idea what to llok for any more...
any idea?

You should probably open a separate thread in the tech help section. I would say that open the door means that the machine does not think the batteries are working. Was the NVRAM installed correctly? I would also check all of the plugs in the CPU, you may be off a row or a column.

1 month later
#717 7 years ago
Quoted from TrentR83:

Hi all,
Had this machine and was working perfectly until a few days ago. Machine turns on as normal and starts a new game, however the ball goes into the ramp and will not fire. The gun will sound the trigger and the game seems to play on as normal, just won't actually fire the pinball into the play field.
I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to pinball machines so would appreciate if anyone could advise how to diagnose the problem or point me in the right direction. One thing to note, I had a friend recently replace a few fuses in the machine (and funny enough the problem seem to occur straight after this) so this could be the source of the problem. Is there a particular fuse I should check?

I would start with checking the wires that go to the coil that fires the ball.

3 months later
#830 7 years ago
Quoted from Kratogen:

That's correct, that is exactly what I did. What I was trying to test was that the coil could physically function. It was a test a friend had once showed me (I clearly did it wrong) that he said was a good starting point for diagnosing a problem with a coil. He showed that the coil could fire when he connected a test wire, I clearly forgot where he connected it.
I will check all the fuses, thanks.

A good friend would have shown you the coil test menu in diagnostics.

1 month later
#902 7 years ago

Has anyone ever seen a collector quality LAH? Original not blown out scoops? I would probably overpay for one of those

3 months later
#972 6 years ago
Quoted from alistaircg:

I need to touch up the gold ticket on the playfield, has anyone matched the gold to a Tamiya paint or a Humbrol model kit paint pen or model tub I can just order
Does anyone have the cab artwork in vector for me to re-print please ?
What is the best firmware currently out and where could I get it please?

They make an overlay for the ticket. Guy in Canada does it. I may have an extra around if he doesn't sell them anymore.

1 week later
#975 6 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

Not sure if this is already somewhere in this thread, but does anyone have any tips on how to replace the bulbs on the left side of the field past the CRANE targets to the left of the ramp?
It looks like I pretty much would have to remove half the playfield to get to them, and I don't even see a way to get to those bulbs from underneath the playfield.
Surely they didn't design a game that needs to be fully dismantled to replace a single bulb!

That's Data East for you. They all are like that. That's one of the reasons people prefer Williams machines

4 months later
#1044 6 years ago
Quoted from Gman4737:

So I have a question guys. Keep in mind I am completely new to this you'll have to treat me as if i know nothing lol. So lately I've been having some trouble with my machine. It would take a while to load up and then finally say I'll be back a few times before it said it completely. Then it would work. So this time when I turned it on it said a ball was missing. It was stuck in the part that shoots it up so I removed it and it went back to where the other balls were like it should and it let me start a game. However now the game won't start when I click start it just shows 00. And when it was started if it got past the 00 it wouldn't shoot the balls at all. I would keep pulling the trigger and everything seemed to be working with the sounds and light except the shooter. What do you think is wrong with it? Thank you!

Sounds like a wire came off of the coil. If you take the glass off does everything register if you hit it manually?

#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from Gman4737:

Sorry I could have sworn I replied to this already but it isn’t showing up. When you say everything register what do you mean exactly? I think it has a power supply issue because now it won’t even load up the screen or do anything. It just freezes on a pixelated screen. And the lights in the back even appear to be kind of dim. But I have no idea where to start to figure out or fix the issue.

In the diagnostics from the buttons on the coin door you can go into was called The Switch test. That will let you manually check every switch in the game and it will tell you if it's registering or not. It's one of the best tools available. However it sounds like you have larger issues. You should probably open up a separate thread for that.

1 month later
#1084 6 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I saw that the other day. I have an extra flipper board, but I'm pretty poor at soldering wires and have never soldered a board. I bought my soldering iron when I bought my pinball machine. I imagine I would just ruin it at this point.

Try Firebird pinball. I believe he's in Phoenix. My brother had a very good experience with him and either sponsors or comes out to Zapcom.

1 month later
#1121 6 years ago

There was an amazing looking Last Action Hero at the Texas pinball festival today. Powder coated wire form ramps and pin Stadium lighting.

20180316_143549 (resized).jpg20180316_143549 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1128 6 years ago

What do you think the chances are that someone has a NIB LAH sitting around? You see it with other titles. PM me if you have one..Lol

#1140 6 years ago

I broke down & bought the NOS clearcoated playfield that was in the marketplace. It's going to be my 1st playfield swap. Does anyone have a NOS plastic set to sell me or know where I can get one? I have at least 1 broken plastic on mine (left rear corner), Any tips are appreciated!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 18.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in?tu=Butch2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.