20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BubbaPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2419 3 years ago

Hopefully will be joining this club tonight. Awaiting drop off tonight. Looked it over in person the other day and game looks great. Flippers seemed like they didnt want to send the ball very far. Not weak imo but just not quite enough umph. No experience with data east so not sure.

#2424 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

There are a couple of ways to go about doing this, but basically the two EOS wires need to always be touching. This can be performed with soldering or simply taping the wires together. Once you bypass the EOS your flipper issues will be gone. Been like this for years on my game with no issues. Taken to TPF multiple years with hundreds of plays over a single weekend and no issues.

Wouldn't that burn the coils out?

#2425 3 years ago

I'll be posting another post tonight when I'm off work of all the initial issues I've found so far. One is the trough switch issue with when multiple ends and all balls drain sometimes it acts like a ball is stuck. I assuming just adjust the switch. Another is the wire form that shoots the ball up. Sometimes it doesn't go to the other wire form, or cant make the crane in time or shoots it into the pop bumpers.

#2427 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Not on DE games like this. The flipper control board has got you covered. Like I stated for peace of mind. I have had mine at TPF getting played non stop for a full weekend multiple years. No issues. Only issue I had was when I gave the EOS switches a shot at being legit. Went right back to bypassing them and the thing shoots like a beast.

Awesome so they must be two tab solenoids then correct? Haven't looked yet. Awesome info thanks capn

#2429 3 years ago

So then what purpose do the eos switches have in this then?

#2430 3 years ago

Unrelated. But this is real hot and looks toasty. Is this a problem on the main board

20200529_134749 (resized).jpg20200529_134749 (resized).jpg
#2443 3 years ago

Okay so ordered rubbers, fuse clips, new circle switches.

Ordered a ocdled board and standard 2 smd frosted from comet. Was told if I got the ocd board that they needed to be standard not non ghosting, is this correct?

Do I need any new board for the gi if I got standard 2 and frosted? I am told they make a gi smoother board but is it needed like the ocd board. And I'm assuming gi on this game is like every other game and doesn't need non ghosting, is this correct?

1 week later
#2462 3 years ago

Looking to see if anyone is holding on to a spare translite. Mine has water damage and figured alot of people have upgraded to the alt.

2 months later
#2575 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Just put on DE chrome overlay from Mr_Tantrum. Had lots of missing chrome. Looks great.
I also have Mr_Tantrum's chicken plastic and the blank plastic decal. Thanks Chris.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

By overlay do you mean like mirror blades, I'm having trouble seeing what's chrome. Would like a good set of blades for mine.

#2584 3 years ago

Any advice for installing data east mirror blades. They are coming from coin taker, and in not really seeing any instructional videos for data east online. Nothing except they dont have holes? Just trying to figure out how they would attach

#2585 3 years ago

Hey yall, thinking I'm about to pull the trigger on a pinsound, can anyone tell me if I would experience any issues due to the fact I'm using the unofficial 1.13 rom instead of 1.12, I love the 1 13 but I know it did adress how some sounds are played. Really just trying to figure out all i need to do to have it work without a headache. Gonna be ordering the power booster off the bat aswell.

#2595 3 years ago

If anyone already has the v1.20 version please let me know, maybe I could get someone to send it to me? Thanks

#2602 3 years ago

If anyone is interested in a data east soundboard with the LAH roms in it, let me know, just placed the pinsound order

#2604 3 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Don‘t sell it separately! If you ever want to sell your whole pin in the future, you‘ll fetch a better price when you can provide all the original matching boards.

LAH is a grail pin for my wife, so unless we get divorced (and its hers so she would keep it most likely in the divorce) it ain't going nowhere.

2 weeks later
#2612 3 years ago

So calling all pinsound plus users. I'm not able to adjust volume real well. I got the pinsound plus and the power booster, but not the head phone station. Cant adjust volume low, only high, so the imagine if the master volume control is in the middle, going down do es s nothing, going up makes it louder. Cannot get it at the right level when the kids are in bed. Any fixes or help is appreciated

#2615 3 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

Have you tried adjust the volume pot inside the cabinet? If I remember correctly, when setting up my board(original pinsound), I had to turn the volume pot inside the cabinet all the way to the right(max volume). From here I set the pots on the pinsound board itself and I can turn the cabinet volume pot down if I want it quieter.

Yes I'm refering to the pot in the cabinet. No master volumenon pinsound plus just the cabinet one.

4 months later
#2788 3 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Hey there,
Anybody with side blades or mirror blades on their LAH care to share some pictures?
Thinking about investing some money into mine to make it pop and haven't really seen this much on this game.
Thanks!

It's worth it... But and this is pretty much mandatory, you need to line the sides of your playfield with a felt or something. I put mirror blades on mine in September, and by October they were all scratched up, I didn't listen to the wisdom of felt, and I paid the price. Dont do what I did.

Things I did to mine to make it pop:

Titan rubbers, yellow and blue (but do whatever color you want)

Comet LEDs throughout (with just one purple bulb in the back spotlight, gives it a very 80's/90's ambiance in the back without rainbow puking) and color match inserts

Yellow bats

Led ocd board- highly recommend

Pinsound plus with the capn mix, highly recommend but pricey

Things I haven't done but want to:

Color dmd (again pricey, I will one day)

All metal comes off for powder coating.

3 years later
#3494 29 days ago

Just installed color dmd lcd on lah, and weirdest thing I haven't experienced before. My playfeild leds are reflecting onto the clear dmd cover. Anyone know a fix?

#3495 29 days ago
20240317_164915 (resized).jpg20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
#3500 28 days ago
Quoted from Youpapin:

Hi All,
I figured I could save myself some time to see if anyone knows off the top of their head where to get a constant power supply for a light I added to the play field. After switching out everything to LEDs, I am almost regretting it, because in multiball mode the strobe effect over the entire playfield is almost blinding. It's super easy to lose the ball with the lights flickering, so I added two spotlights to flood the field but realized I just made the problem worst. I'd like to hook those lights to a constant (I think 5 volts) but am having a hard time finding something under the playfield that doesn't blink. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Bryan

there is a connector on the power supply board you can unplug for gi to remain on the whole time, no more strobe, no more loud relay click. i just cant remember which one it is. when im next to my machine ill look. or as other said maestro gi smoother. or im not sure if ledocd has made a board for gi yet, i have the one for controlled lamps and love it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BubbaPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in?tu=BubbaPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.