7c3cf526b23074c8bdc7359df7ffccf4f1e54ed2 (resized).jpg
Power Supply (resized).jpg
20210304_182630 (resized).jpg
20210304_182635 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20211205_171731 (resized).jpg
20211205_171725 (resized).jpg
14DA4299-CC2E-44AD-AD4A-3D24CC0B10E9 (resized).png

There are 2,995 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 60.
#2951 71 days ago

Thanks guys, message to Dave on his eBay inbound

#2952 68 days ago

Hi Club. Does anyone have any plastics for the game for sale? Most of mine are broken or missing.

I made the chicken plastic out of stainless steel with a decal on top as I know it takes a beating. Decal image was in the club.

My dynamite Arnold plastic on the clear ramp barely has any paint on it.

69A972AF-1A7E-40CA-A4C3-354755991506 (resized).jpeg
#2953 63 days ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Hi Club. Does anyone have any plastics for the game for sale? Most of mine are broken or missing.
I made the chicken plastic out of stainless steel with a decal on top as I know it takes a beating. Decal image was in the club.
My dynamite Arnold plastic on the clear ramp barely has any paint on it.
[quoted image]

Thank to Bozo from the group, all I need is Dynamite Arnold.

14DA4299-CC2E-44AD-AD4A-3D24CC0B10E9 (resized).png
#2954 63 days ago

Looking good

#2955 57 days ago

Hi guys,

I just picked up my LAH. Have upgraded from 1.08 to 1.13. Far better gameplay (if you haven't done it, make sure you do!).

I have a couple of queries if anyone can help.

I'm missing a screw on the Tarpit ramp (which is mostly not broken....thank god). Just wondering what size it is?
I have a broken righthand side Admit One plastic. It's together, but been glued (badly) on. I know these are rare as rocking horse poop. has anyone done re prints of these as yet?
Lastly the Movie scoop was chewed out and the previous owner has put on a cliffy (or similar protector) but its beaten to hell and is blocking a lot of shots in and to the spinner on the right of it. I was thinking of pulling out the protector, building back up the actual scoop hole with epoxy or something then refitting the protector after flattening it out. Anyone done this before and knows what I should (and shouldn't) use to build/ repair the scoop edges? the rest of the playfield is in pretty decent shape. Its all decked out with incandescents not a single LED on the game. That will obviously be a thing I'll be doing in the next few months along with a left outlane post, getting rid of the black rubbers for a colored silicone ones (haven't really decided yet) and apparently thin ones for the captive balls (I have no idea what size I need).

Any help much appreciated. She's a super fun game and my first pin so happy as Larry

#2956 52 days ago

Can I ask you guys if anyone else gets balls stuck on the right pop bumper as the attached photos? It has happened on my game for years but I always forget to ask. Just wondering if I am missing something from the playfield?

20211205_171725 (resized).jpg 20211205_171731 (resized).jpg

#2957 52 days ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Can I ask you guys if anyone else gets balls stuck on the right pop bumper as the attached photos? It has happened on my game for years but I always forget to ask. Just wondering if I am missing something from the playfield?
[quoted image] [quoted image]

You are missing a well adjusted pop bumper that would not allow that to happen.

#2958 51 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You are missing a well adjusted pop bumper that would not allow that to happen.

Thats a good point, I will check and adjust

#2960 46 days ago

Has this happened to anyone else?

I've had my LAH for a couple of months now but only recently did it start "playing music" non-stop when in attract mode. This fast-beat song, non-stop. I went into the menu, went to ATTRACT MUSIC and turned it to "off" but it still plays the music non-stop. So now I have to close my machine each time I finish playing it, which I don't like to do. Any advice?

#2961 46 days ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Has this happened to anyone else?
I've had my LAH for a couple of months now but only recently did it start "playing music" non-stop when in attract mode. This fast-beat song, non-stop. I went into the menu, went to ATTRACT MUSIC and turned it to "off" but it still plays the music non-stop. So now I have to close my machine each time I finish playing it, which I don't like to do. Any advice?

With power off, reseat both ends of the sound board ribbon cable.

#2962 46 days ago

Really excited to resurrect the Admit One plastics discussion. I have both, but one has been broken and repaired. Is anyone doing repro's yet? if not, anyone that's capable, I'm prepared to send mine for templates.

Capture (resized).JPG
#2963 46 days ago

How hard is it to install cliffies …what tools might I need ?

#2964 46 days ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

How hard is it to install cliffies …what tools might I need ?

Just a screwdriver/ nut driver I believe. If they scoops are all chewed up, you will want to fill them otherwise the cliffys will get all bent.

1 week later
#2965 39 days ago

For those of you that have installed Pinstadium lights, would you mind posting some photos on how you hooked them up and where you connected them?

Thanks!
Travis

#2966 39 days ago
Quoted from Photogmkr:

For those of you that have installed Pinstadium lights,

I prefer not to use them.

#2967 39 days ago

I believe this is my current setup-ish. It's what I found I saved on my phone but I didn't lift the playfield to verify. The 2nd picture might not be accurate. I chose an easy GI and I know my flashers are on the pops and I really like it this way.

These are the pinstadium neos by the way.

From what I remember if you install them and have no color from your lights you have the lead sets backwards.

Good luck, hope that helps and if you need anything more let me know or reach out to Scott, he is super helpful.

20210304_182630 (resized).jpg20210304_182635 (resized).jpg

#2968 39 days ago

Thanks BroMan90 I appreciate you posting those!

PinballManiac40 My game is so dark I thought I'd give these a try.

#2969 39 days ago
Quoted from Photogmkr:

Thanks BroMan90 I appreciate you posting those!
PinballManiac40 My game is so dark I thought I'd give these a try.

I decided to keep the lights on an alternating blue/red to match the theme, but if you just want to brighten up the playfield you can play with the other solid brighter colors.

IMO pinstadiums can be tough to picture, but they can really add a lot to most games, including this one. Cary Hardys videos serve as a pretty good example.

#2970 39 days ago

BroMan90 I'm looking forward to getting this installed and playing around with it. I saw a game that had pinstadium installed and was really impressed with how easy it was to see everything and it made the game more enjoyable for me.

#2971 39 days ago
Quoted from Photogmkr:

My game is so dark I thought I'd give these a try.

I have Comet sunlight 2SMD LEDs in my game, and I am happy with the brightness.

Do you have LEDs in your game?

#2972 38 days ago

I have Comet sunlight 2SMD LEDs in my game, and I am happy with the brightness.

I added a spot on each sling, works great.

#2973 38 days ago

I don’t. I just picked this game up a month ago and right after I did I saw a game with pinstadium installed so I decided to give that a try.

#2974 38 days ago
Quoted from Photogmkr:

I don’t. I just picked this game up a month ago and right after I did I saw a game with pinstadium installed so I decided to give that a try.

I suggest LED the game with white GI first.

#2975 36 days ago

Fellow LAH enthusiasts - I've got a bit of a fur ball problem. Let me start by saying that I am a relative novice when it comes to repair and troubleshooting, especially compared to some of you. I powered up my LAH pin for the first time in quite a while and let my 3 and 4 year old kids have their first play. They absolutely LOVED it. The first thing they wanted to do the next morning (after finding their elf on a shelf) was play pinball again. Unfortunately, when I turned the machine on the DMD displayed nothing. I've exhausted my limited troubleshooting skill set by opening the top box and seating and unseating all of the display and display driver connectors with no luck. Anyone here care to offer some things for me to test or try in order to fix the DMD issue? I'd like to move the crane as fast as I can, with your help of course.

#2976 36 days ago
Quoted from thepinhead:

Fellow LAH enthusiasts - I've got a bit of a fur ball problem. Let me start by saying that I am a relative novice when it comes to repair and troubleshooting, especially compared to some of you. I powered up my LAH pin for the first time in quite a while and let my 3 and 4 year old kids have their first play. They absolutely LOVED it. The first thing they wanted to do the next morning (after finding their elf on a shelf) was play pinball again. Unfortunately, when I turned the machine on the DMD displayed nothing. I've exhausted my limited troubleshooting skill set by opening the top box and seating and unseating all of the display and display driver connectors with no luck. Anyone here care to offer some things for me to test or try in order to fix the DMD issue? I'd like to move the crane as fast as I can, with your help of course.

Check the fuses.

Check the high voltages going to the display. DE high voltage failures are not uncommon due to caps failing on the poser supply board.

Have a meter?

#2977 36 days ago

Yes, I do have a multimeter. Where on the power supply do I check display voltage to see if I have failed caps?

Power Supply (resized).jpg
#2978 36 days ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmd-out-of-action-on-lw3-not-ok-ok-ok#post-5523939

Good place to start here when I was having issues.

At the back of the DMD connector you should have the following.

-110 volts
-100 volts
Ground
Ground
4.9 volts
11.7 volts
72 volts

More or less. The most important will be the two high voltage ones, they must have about 10-12 volts of separation.

See picture for good reference on expected voltages.

7c3cf526b23074c8bdc7359df7ffccf4f1e54ed2 (resized).jpg
#2979 36 days ago

Check fhe fuses for the hv section.

As in pic

Screenshot_20211221-143249_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2980 33 days ago

I've been dinking around with my buddy's LAH for a few weeks now, chasing gremlins. I finally got it to where it appears to be playing correctly but I still have no sound. When I turn the volume pot I hear loud scratchy noise but that's it. Hoping I can get this dialed in soon for him so he can play it. It still needs a good cleaning too, it's *filthy*

IMG_20211223_094421_01 (resized).jpg20211222_194448 (resized).jpg20211222_194453 (resized).jpg20211222_194501 (resized).jpg20211222_194457 (resized).jpg
#2981 33 days ago

Hard to saw whats going on with the sound. Could be the pot, the sound board +/- 12v, 5v, caps, opamp, roms.. check power to it.. does it say anythjng when u power it on?

#2982 33 days ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Hard to saw whats going on with the sound. Could be the pot, the sound board +/- 12v, 5v, caps, opamp, roms.. check power to it.. does it say anythjng when u power it on?

Dumb question but... what are the test points on the sound board?

No, no sounds on boot or at any other point. The previous owner said it just up and stopped one day, but that's all I got.

//edit if the voltage I'm testing is red/black on CN3, I'm pulling 4.7V.

Voltages on the power board are 4.9, 13.1, -14.5

#2983 32 days ago

Check the ribbon cable. Reseat, perhaps replace.

#2984 32 days ago
Quoted from oradke:

Yeah, no dice on that but I suspected that the same. Guess I'll have to order one, not sure I have any that are even remotely long enough in my other games.

#2985 32 days ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Yeah, no dice on that but I suspected that the same. Guess I'll have to order one, not sure I have any that are even remotely long enough in my other games.

Flip one end of the sound board ribbon cable.

#2986 32 days ago

Flip one end of the sound board ribbon cable.

Tried that too. Nada.

This is what I get when I mess with the volume pot. Not much.

#2987 32 days ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

This is what I get when I mess with the volume pot. Not much.

How about reseating the rest of the connectors, other than the ribbon cable, to the sound board?

#2988 32 days ago

BTW if you find out that your sound board is fried, consider replacing with a PinSound+. There‘s a great mix out there with the original music from the movie, makes the pin even better than it already is.

#2989 32 days ago

How about reseating the rest of the connectors, other than the ribbon cable, to the sound board?

If this does not help, then we will need to measure the voltages on the sound board. -5v I believe is generated on the sound board from -12v coming into the board.

#2990 31 days ago
Quoted from oradke:

I have had sound fluctuating in and out and finally put in a new ribbon cable. No issue since. Hopefully it is this simple a solution.

I think the shaker was loosening everything!

#2991 31 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I have had sound fluctuating in and out and finally put in a new ribbon cable. No issue since. Hopefully it is this simple a solution.
I think the shaker was loosening everything!

Good deal. Ribbon cables develop bad connections from being unplugged multiple times.

3 weeks later
#2992 4 days ago

After moving my Last Action Hero I'm having trouble tracking down what could be causing my DMD to "flicker" (see YouTube video below). What I have tried so far...

replaced capacitors on power supply board
repinned power supply connector (CN1)
replaced 26 pin ribbon connector
reflowed soder on suspect joints

Before taking a chance on a color DMD I wanted to see if I could get the original back in working shape. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Note:
*I'm getting roughly half of what I should be reading at the highlighted locations on the power supply board. I'm thinking this is what is causing it...but where am I loosing juice at?

LAH Voltage Check Power Supply Board (resized).jpg
#2993 3 days ago

I am not a techie by any means but I was told to upgrade my LAH to 1.13 code which I did thanks to Matt’s Basement Arcade this weekend and even though I see the code show up when I boot up the game (although it also says 1.04 the screen before showing the 1.13 code), the game plays exactly how it did before, nothing has really changed with the new code chip. What am I doing wrong?

#2994 1 day ago

I have another odd one, hopefully not too complicated.

When you turn on the game it'll do the boot up sound and screen as usual
however after it immediatly goes to Player 1 Ball 0 Credit 0
with no sound
and the only thing on being the GI

Other times when turned on, it'll immediatly flash DANGER
or Dynamite Feature with a score number and game on screen

This is all without pressing a single button besides the power switch.

Any ideas?

Thanks for reading.

F1319D11-60A7-4121-802E-03E305776660 (resized).jpeg
#2995 1 day ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

means but I was told to upgrade my LAH to 1.13 code which I did thanks to Matt’s Basement Arcade this weekend and even though I see the code show up when I boot up the game (although it also says 1.04 the screen before showing the 1.13 code), the game plays exactly how it did before, nothing has really changed with the new code chip. What am I doing wrong?

The 1.04 is the display rom version. The 1.13 is the new cpu code. You did everything' right.

Here is a complete list of what's different:

https://sites.google.com/site/lahpinballmod/

There are 2,995 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 60.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside