20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 71.
#2851 3 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

If you shoot the ramp or you fall into the chicken scoop from the pops you get the Frank animation and the Frank award goes up.
Craig

Normal then? Interesting.

#2852 3 years ago

The top horizontal line on my DMD is always blank - DMD functions fine otherwise

Anyone else experienced this issue that can point me in the right direction for possible fix?

Thanks

#2853 3 years ago
Quoted from Oscope:

The top horizontal line on my DMD is always blank - DMD functions fine otherwise
Anyone else experienced this issue that can point me in the right direction for possible fix?
Thanks

The dmd itself may have an issue. But before you start replacing it, have you tried reseating the ribbon cable that goes to it? Btw, a color dmd looks awfully good on it.

2 weeks later
#2854 2 years ago

My brother's machine started reseting during game play. He said it seems to do it everytime the crane is activated and I'm not sure if it does it at any other times like multiball or other times when more power is being drawn.first thoughts are power supply since it shuts down as more power is needed with the crane. I'm heading over there tomorrow and I'll check the bridge rectifier and see if that's the problem,I'm not much of a tech but that I can do and in the past it's been my problem with these symptoms most of the time. I just figured I'd check in to see if anyone else experienced the same thing and might have some insight for me like a bad diode or shorted wire.

#2855 2 years ago

I can almost guarantee it’s an issue on the power supply. I’d bring a spare working one if you or they have another Data East.

#2856 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can almost guarantee it’s an issue on the power supply. I’d bring a spare working one if you or they have another Data East.

I wouldn't bet against you unfortunately this was my only Data East. I should be able to get it sorted myself, either fixed or diagnosed and sent out.my soldering is getting better and it's not mine anymore if I mess it up working on it for free so maybe I'll try my first board work other than a remote battery install.

#2857 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

My brother's machine started reseting during game play. He said it seems to do it everytime the crane is activated and I'm not sure if it does it at any other times like multiball or other times when more power is being drawn.first thoughts are power supply since it shuts down as more power is needed with the crane. I'm heading over there tomorrow and I'll check the bridge rectifier and see if that's the problem,I'm not much of a tech but that I can do and in the past it's been my problem with these symptoms most of the time. I just figured I'd check in to see if anyone else experienced the same thing and might have some insight for me like a bad diode or shorted wire.

Sounds like electrolytic capacitor issues to me. All the smaller ones need to be replaced as they are the most likely to leak.

1 week later
#2858 2 years ago

does anyone knows what could be the problem with my flipper? it get stuck and doesn’t move unless I press start or I push the left flipper few times. I was thinking it could be the coil but not sure if it could be something else. thanks!

6941E763-2A55-4C5C-8735-E564161C6AE5 (resized).jpeg6941E763-2A55-4C5C-8735-E564161C6AE5 (resized).jpeg
#2859 2 years ago

magnetic plunger or defective coil stop? Also, dirty/worn coil sleeve?

#2860 2 years ago
Quoted from Supagoat:

does anyone knows what could be the problem with my flipper? it get stuck and doesn’t move unless I press start or I push the left flipper few times. I was thinking it could be the coil but not sure if it could be something else. thanks!
[quoted image]

Mechanical If it stays up with the game off. Rebuild the flipper.

#2861 2 years ago

with the game off stays down. everytime I press start goes back to normal

#2862 2 years ago
Quoted from Supagoat:

Post a picture of the underside of the flipper assembly.

#2863 2 years ago
Quoted from Supagoat:

When you turn the game on, does the flipper engage?

#2864 2 years ago

yes when I start the game the flipper engage in normal position but when I push it it get stuck in up position. I attach you some photos in case it helps. thanks!

2B107270-7402-43C6-9B0E-3370592BB7E5 (resized).jpeg2B107270-7402-43C6-9B0E-3370592BB7E5 (resized).jpeg83117EFD-E592-4CA7-B313-6ABDAF059BEF (resized).jpeg83117EFD-E592-4CA7-B313-6ABDAF059BEF (resized).jpeg
#2865 2 years ago

Supagoat
Amend your flipper Assembly.
LAH Flipper Amendment (resized).jpgLAH Flipper Amendment (resized).jpg

#2866 2 years ago

thank you. I just checked it and everything looks good to me. how could I know if it’s the coil or something else? thanks

#2867 2 years ago

Do you guys know what your pitch is set at for this game? Mines at 5.something degrees with the legs jacked almost all the way up and it still feels like it's a bit slow.

#2868 2 years ago

If you have 3” leg levelers and they are jacked up all the way in the back, it’s should be closer to 7 degrees.

Front legs all the way down.

#2869 2 years ago

I have mine at 6.5 degrees.

#2870 2 years ago

Anyone looking for an alternate translite for these? I have mocked something up and may have a few for north america centric shipping.

The nicer movie poster art style ones i have seen are mainly from the UK.

Pm me if you are interested, here is a link to a nascar translite i did as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-alternate-translite

#2871 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Anyone looking for an alternate translite for these? I have mocked something up and may have a few for north america centric shipping.
Pm me if you are interested, here is a link to a nascar translite i did as well.

PMing you

#2872 2 years ago
20210528_124129 (resized).jpg20210528_124129 (resized).jpg
#2873 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

[quoted image]

So much better than the original.

#2874 2 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

So much better than the original.

My buddy stopped by and is really likes the deep ruleset of it, it is impressive for the time it was made. And everyone says this is based on sys11 architecture??

Anyway, it really makes the original translite look like it was home made, not this one!

Doesn't improve my scores tho... this game is brutal.

Can anyone point me in the direction to get a spinner?

9afedb70912e12a86de95c2c5d021cdd3a24ae9f (resized).jpg9afedb70912e12a86de95c2c5d021cdd3a24ae9f (resized).jpg
#2875 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So PBR says their generic white spinner works in LAH. I got that and decals from Mr. Tantrum.
I’ll report back on how everything works![quoted image][quoted image]

Link to this decal?

#2876 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

And everyone says this is based on sys11 architecture??

Yes, Gary Stern had rights to the Williams hardware but not the software. This is why some early Data East power supplies, flipper boards and displays interchange. There is a small number of System 11 games you can actually swap MPUs as well.

#2877 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Link to this decal?

Message mr tantrum here on pinside.

#2878 2 years ago

I really like the new look!

Thanks "trueno92".

20210602_143946 (resized).jpg20210602_143946 (resized).jpg
#2879 2 years ago

Happy to see the "Facelift" was successful!!

If anyone else wants to let their's go, "under the knife"...

.. I know a guy....

#2880 2 years ago

how much is it for a face lift?

#2881 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

how much is it for a face lift?

Sent u a pm

#2882 2 years ago

anyone catch any easter eggs in this game? been catching the attract mode and noticed that Lyman Sheets is credited along with john Borg, as well when it says dot matrix, it actually says DOT MADNESS - and i have to admit, this has some of the best dot animations in any game of this era, considering the technology and resolution they were working with.

with a PIN2DMD colorization, its even better!

#2883 2 years ago

Not sure if any of you guys caught this but wow, crazy insight here that really turned me on to the movie.

First time seeing it at 43 yrs old...

#2884 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:Sounds like electrolytic capacitor issues to me. All the smaller ones need to be replaced as they are the most likely to leak.

I'm about to order a cap kit and figured if all the caps are getting changed I might as well do the bridge rectifiers too.does anyone know the proper ones without to much trouble? Sometimes I wish I wouldn't of dropped out of college electronics after 6 weeks.

#2885 2 years ago

Any higher voltages bridges can work, modern ones are higher voltages ratings but still compatible.

#2886 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Not sure if any of you guys caught this but wow, crazy insight here that really turned me on to the movie.
First time seeing it at 43 yrs old...

I enjoyed the review but the guy is reading too much into the movie and ignoring the horrible studio meddling and endless rewrites and re-shoots. Hell the action script writer they were mocking in the movie actually ended up being hired to do some of the re-writes.

Its a movie that had a great idea and a few good scenes but was never fully fleshed out and simply destroyed in rewrites.

#2887 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

Have a minor issue at moment with LAH where all the lights start flicking on and off every couple of seconds while playing.
Only flickers non stop but stops temporary when do game rules eg dynamite values, shields, super crane etc and once the game plan done it goes back to flicking on and off.

Any idea

Cheers

Brett

1 week later
#2888 2 years ago

Thanks to @Mr. Tantrum for the spinner decal.

Great quality, fast shipping, looks and feels like it should last a lifetime.

20210616_131024 (resized).jpg20210616_131024 (resized).jpg
#2889 2 years ago

Mine arrived quickly and looks great.

Thanks Andrew.

#2890 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:Anyone looking for an alternate translite for these? I have mocked something up and may have a few for north america centric shipping.

My translite order from Trueno92 arrived quickly and looks great.

Thanks Andrew.

1 month later
#2891 2 years ago

Does anybody happen to know a part number for the 5v connector on the DMD controller? I’d like to fix this hack job.

15EFF59C-DBE9-4C9A-AF95-6DEB8627E903 (resized).jpeg15EFF59C-DBE9-4C9A-AF95-6DEB8627E903 (resized).jpeg
#2893 2 years ago

This will work for the 5v connection. I just used this on my WWFRR

#2894 2 years ago

A gameplay vid showing the most recent pin2dmd colorization.

A lot of nice work here, esp at the 2nd multiball 4:20

#2895 2 years ago

Anyone know how to get specials lit? It happens but i dont know how to trigger it.

#2896 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Anyone know how to get specials lit? It happens but i dont know how to trigger it.

Hi, with Gamerom V1.13 it works like this:
Special lit when Bonus is > 25M- (freeplay users have never seen this feature until now)

If you set special to award extra balls, this is what you will get when you collect special.

#2897 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

A gameplay vid showing the most recent pin2dmd colorization.
A lot of nice work here, esp at the 2nd multiball 4:20

Well I am convinced. That is sooo much better now and looks fantastic!!!

#2898 2 years ago

Ok, I have this weird behavior of my sound. Doesn't seem to be related to anything that is ongoing within game play.
My sound volume suddenly dropps, and cuts out all low frequency including the sub woofer in the cab. Stays like that for a while and sometimes the sound kicks back in for a bit.
Any idea where to start?

#2899 2 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Ok, I have this weird behavior of my sound. Doesn't seem to be related to anything that is ongoing within game play.
My sound volume suddenly dropps, and cuts out all low frequency including the sub woofer in the cab. Stays like that for a while and sometimes the sound kicks back in for a bit.
Any idea where to start?

While the machine is off, turn the volume control all the way up and all the way down a few times. This will clean the pot and may help with volume cut out.

#2900 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

While the machine is off, turn the volume control all the way up and all the way down a few times. This will clean the pot and may help with volume cut out.

I am sorry for my ignorance, but volume is controlled digitally, no way to adjust unless the machine is on. I don't believe there is a manual pot for it. Please correct me if I am wrong and point me to where I can find it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.