20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 71.
#2801 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like your switch arm is holding it. Try adjusting the switch with a leaf adjustment tool

#2802 3 years ago

The arm on the right side looks like it’s getting caught on the screw.

#2803 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The arm on the right side looks like it’s getting caught on the screw.

It looks that way but it does not touch it.

#2804 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

It looks that way but it does not touch it.

Then it’s the switch arm. Lift that up. Does the spinner go back to its normal position? If so, adjust the switch arm.

#2805 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then it’s the switch arm. Lift that up. Does the spinner go back to its normal position? If so, adjust the switch arm.

I can lift the switch arm and it does not help it. At times during gameplay it will drop down and be right but it’s rare.

#2806 3 years ago

Also does anyone know what post is missing here by the shooter lane? I know this makeshift post ain’t right.

30AC0CB7-3ECD-4AF5-9EFE-390C5828B285 (resized).jpeg30AC0CB7-3ECD-4AF5-9EFE-390C5828B285 (resized).jpeg
#2807 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

Also does anyone know what post is missing here by the shooter lane? I know this makeshift post ain’t right. [quoted image]

If I remember right, there should be an elastic connecting the two posts.

#2808 3 years ago
b0aec375d6b2353cdf25d6af8594ba3710efbede (resized).jpgb0aec375d6b2353cdf25d6af8594ba3710efbede (resized).jpg
#2809 3 years ago

According to the manual there are single rings.

20210208_112027 (resized).jpg20210208_112027 (resized).jpg20210208_112052 (resized).jpg20210208_112052 (resized).jpg
#2810 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

Also does anyone know what post is missing here by the shooter lane? I know this makeshift post ain’t right. [quoted image]

Clear star post.

#2811 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Clear star post.

Nice. Thanks

#2812 3 years ago

Hello LAH pinhead owners, doing some tweaking on my pops game . And we noticed he is missing a post , see pics looks like the factory never installed. Anybody know what that part number would be? , also. Can anybody share a pic of there crane drop target assembly this is mine and I would like to raise the targets up a touch to keep them parked level with the playfield. I dont think this is correct .

20210207_181032 (resized).jpg20210207_181032 (resized).jpg20210207_181044 (resized).jpg20210207_181044 (resized).jpg20210207_191448 (resized).jpg20210207_191448 (resized).jpg20210207_194603 (resized).jpg20210207_194603 (resized).jpg
#2813 3 years ago

See post 2809 above. I added the small post on the left side. It is not a factory installed part. Not sure why they left it out.

Look at photo 52 and 53 in this post for the drop target assembly. Page 5 of the photos.

#2814 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

It’s 2 pages back in this thread....

Sorry to not reading all the 57 pages to find it (Heresy!!), I wasn't even sure it was here

So, I made a full french version for pinsound, the file has been added on pinsound and is called "LAH GLD V1", with more or less 50 movie quotes in the audio pack.
For the soundtrack I've took the most of Julien42 tracks, plus Metallica (an old one, metal militia), coal chamber (...the roof is on fire...), Slayer Raining Blood for world premiere, Cypress Hill (the cat mission, but I let the old one, we love to dance on it as retarded guys with my friends), and some more.

For non frenchies people, you can just test the mission file. But some french quotes are mixed directly on it...

I let you discovered it! For french, canadians, and all other guys here! Enjoy!

1 week later
#2815 3 years ago

Looking for the alternative translate. If you know how to get your hands on one let me know. Thanks!

#2817 3 years ago

I have just about got my old LAH dialed in. I must say this game is pretty deng fun to play.

#2818 3 years ago

Here is my LAH upgrade project so far before and after.

Still to do:

Cliffy scoop protectors on the way
Yellow flipper bats on the way
Mirror Blades on the way
Alternate translite
ColorDMD just ordered tonight
Yellow powder coating will sit on the back burner for a while

So far very happy with the visual improvements.

LAH After (resized).jpgLAH After (resized).jpgLAH Before (resized).jpgLAH Before (resized).jpg
#2819 3 years ago

Thank you for eliminating the LED colorwash. I am constantly amazed at how untastefully and impractically LEDs are used. Who wants to play a game that is like looking directly at a shop light? You should have to have passed some kind of course and get certification to buy bulbs!

Looking good. Getting rid of Arnie's giant melon does wonders for improving this game. DE had some of the worst translite art.

#2820 3 years ago

Can't wait for that big head to go away lol.

#2821 3 years ago
20190930_101622.jpg.40bda65e26ad7e02b5e77b85553e095d (resized).jpg20190930_101622.jpg.40bda65e26ad7e02b5e77b85553e095d (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2822 3 years ago

Just picked up a nice LAH
I’ve noticed,this is my second one,that when I drop the crane targets it does not start runaway crane
In the adjustments runaway crane was off,i turned it in still no dice
Anybody heard of this?
Thanks!

#2823 3 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Just picked up a nice LAH
I’ve noticed,this is my second one,that when I drop the crane targets it does not start runaway crane
In the adjustments runaway crane was off,i turned it in still no dice
Anybody heard of this?
Thanks!

Check to make sure all 5 drop targets are registering.

#2824 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I will now thanks

#2825 3 years ago

PSA for newer DE games. There is a rubber bungee cord in the game to hold the playfield vertical so you can work on it. It is very tough to pull on to connect, but worth it to work on it this way. I'm not sure if the older DE games, like Robocop, has it or not.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2826 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Two are intermittent thank you cleaning them up

#2827 3 years ago

Drops working fine now thanks gdonovan
Only problem right now I see happening is the crane is too quick on the lock a little and drops the ball on the playfield from the crane
It was not doing that yesterday on double jackpots but now it’s not waiting for the ball to lock it on jackpots and runaway crane

#2828 3 years ago

Works fine now
Thanks for the help back to taking out the trash!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2829 3 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Works fine now
Thanks for the help back to taking out the trash!
[quoted image]

Just incase I ever see that crane issue, what was the timing fix?

#2830 3 years ago

Can someone please post a picture of their left playfield support arm?

Mine is missing and I don't see any holes where I'd expect it to be. Would like to know the exact factory placement before screwing in the new one.

#2831 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

PSA for newer DE games. There is a rubber bungee cord in the game to hold the playfield vertical so you can work on it. It is very tough to pull on to connect, but worth it to work on it this way. I'm not sure if the older DE games, like Robocop, has it or not.
[quoted image]

My LAH and SW have the strap.

#2832 3 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Can someone please post a picture of their left playfield support arm?
Mine is missing and I don't see any holes where I'd expect it to be. Would like to know the exact factory placement before screwing in the new one.

Arm is only on the right side.

#2833 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Arm is only on the right side.

With only one arm and the playfield rested on the support bar it feels like the playfield is twisting. Anything wrong with just adding a left side arm then?

#2834 3 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

With only one arm and the playfield rested on the support bar it feels like the playfield is twisting. Anything wrong with just adding a left side arm then?

Nothing wrong. You can add another arm.

#2835 3 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Deepest game of the 90s. I did a longer than normal review on this machine. I have the alt trans too, looks led'd even with inc bulbs.
I have turned many people on to this game that have been to my place, many actively looking for one now. There is just so much to do.
My only complaint is I wish you could turn the automatic third ball MB off. I would like to see that less than every game for sure, and have to only get it by earning it.

I know District 82 pinball has their automatic 3rd ball multiball off so their must be a way. Maybe reach out to him and see what the trick is.

#2836 3 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

I know District 82 pinball has their automatic 3rd ball multiball off so their must be a way. Maybe reach out to him and see what the trick is.

There is alternate code for this title. 1.13

https://sites.google.com/site/lahpinballmod/home

#2837 3 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

IFPA tournament mode should do the trick.

#2838 3 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

I think this was referencing a very old post from the first page of this thread but I wanted to clarify something that I didn't understand for a long time. It's not an automatic M-BALL on ball three, it's a guaranteed M-BALL lit BY ball three (based on spotted captive ball hits). Starting with your second ball-in-play (whether it's an extra ball or the "official" 'Ball 2'), you are spotted 1/2 the number of captive ball hits needed toward lighting your FIRST M-BALL.

For instance, if the game is set to 8 captive ball hits to light M-BALL and you earn an extra ball on Ball 1 and then drain you would get 4 captive balls spotted when the extra ball launches. If you drain the extra ball even without hitting any captive balls, then you would still observe that M-BALL gets lit immediately upon launching the official "Ball 2" (which spots the 4 remaining captive ball hits needed).

However, spotted captive balls are only given prior to the first M-BALL. For example, if you use your Smart Missile during single-ball play on Ball 1 (thereby lighting M-BALL) and then play M-BALL, you won't get any more captive ball hits spotted on any of your remaining balls.

#2839 3 years ago
Quoted from classicgamefan:

I think this was referencing a very old post from the first page of this thread but I wanted to clarify something that I didn't understand for a long time. It's not an automatic M-BALL on ball three, it's a guaranteed M-BALL lit BY ball three (based on spotted captive ball hits). Starting with your second ball-in-play (whether it's an extra ball or the "official" 'Ball 2'), you are spotted 1/2 the number of captive ball hits needed toward lighting your FIRST M-BALL.
For instance, if the game is set to 8 captive ball hits to light M-BALL and you earn an extra ball on Ball 1 and then drain you would get 4 captive balls spotted when the extra ball launches. If you drain the extra ball even without hitting any captive balls, then you would still observe that M-BALL gets lit immediately upon launching the official "Ball 2" (which spots the 4 remaining captive ball hits needed).
However, spotted captive balls are only given prior to the first M-BALL. For example, if you use your Smart Missile during single-ball play on Ball 1 (thereby lighting M-BALL) and then play M-BALL, you won't get any more captive ball hits spotted on any of your remaining balls.

Interesting that's good to know. Thanks for resharing!

1 week later
#2840 3 years ago

hey gang. Just joined the club a couple weeks ago. Picked up a project and will probably be reaching out for help. Anyone happen to have a dmd sitting around doing nothing?

#2841 3 years ago

Put a ColorDMD in. Totally worth it!

#2842 3 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Put a ColorDMD in. Totally worth it!

Did that just last night. What a difference!

20210323_195155 (resized).jpg20210323_195155 (resized).jpg
#2843 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Did that just last night. What a difference![quoted image]

Looks great. Now you need to get rid of the big head.

#2844 3 years ago

I can't recommend Pin Stadiums enough for this title. Also powder coating the wireforms yellow. I got so many compliments at a show once they were done.

#2845 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I can't recommend Pin Stadiums enough for this title. Also powder coating the wireforms yellow. I got so many compliments at a show once they were done.

A pair of spots mounted on the slings go a long way into "fixing" the dark center of the playfield.

23ce5712886dd043b35f873a18cbd5e6ee569a0c (resized).jpg23ce5712886dd043b35f873a18cbd5e6ee569a0c (resized).jpg
#2846 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

A pair of spots mounted on the slings go a long way into "fixing" the dark center of the playfield.[quoted image]

Been there done that years ago. On my old channel I did a before-during-after of pin stadiums. I show you guys the difference they make. Spot lights do "help", but is crap in comparison. Around the 4 min marker I show what the game looks like with Spot lights. Then at the 15 min mark I show with no spotlights and then right into the pin stadiums. Night and Day.

2 weeks later
#2847 3 years ago

For info ... intermittent microswitches.

Im currently restoring a LAH and had an intermittent microswitch in the Chicken Scoop. I have the scoop off the machine, and as I didnt have a spare switch I decided to take it apart. It turns out there was oxidation on the mechanism and one 'electrode' was slightly flattened. Cleaned and re-rounded with 1000 grit its all good now. These microswitches made by Cherry seem less well made than the Omron roller microswitches in the ball trough, but at least they are readily available. I wouldnt recommend dismantling them!

I guess theyve done OK for nearly 30 years, but it might be a sign of problems ahead elsewhere, and intermittent switch issues can be tough to diagnose, especially on the 'normally closed' side of the switch matrix.

It might also be of interest, when I was cleaning the 6-ball trough how dirty the roller switches were ...

20210325_125101_small (resized).jpg20210325_125101_small (resized).jpg
#2848 3 years ago

Does anyone know why there is a second diode on an extension wire, in parallel with the one across the chicken scoop switch?

20210412_224134[1] (resized).jpg20210412_224134[1] (resized).jpg
#2849 3 years ago
Quoted from BomberHQ:

Does anyone know why there is a second diode on an extension wire, in parallel with the one across the chicken scoop switch?
[quoted image]

Curious, I'll have to look at mine.

Question for LAH owners- Every once in a while I get the Frank's Place animation like I made a ramp shot but I didn't. I notice this when the ball is coming out of the pops and falls into the chicken scoop. Running 1.13 code. In switch test everything looks fine.

Anyone else notice this issue?

#2850 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Every once in a while I get the Frank's Place animation like I made a ramp shot but I didn't. I notice this when the ball is coming out of the pops and falls into the chicken scoop

If you shoot the ramp or you fall into the chicken scoop from the pops you get the Frank animation and the Frank award goes up.

Craig

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/57?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.