20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020-174709_Chrome (resized).jpg
bad_switch (resized).jpg
recherche switch (resized).jpg

There are 3,506 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 71.
#2601 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

If you aren't logged into their site - you wont have access to downloads.
This link should take you to LAH mixes page: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/68-last-action-hero/
Mine should be at the bottom. Click on it and then you should see the next page with the 1.20 at the bottom. I have it highlighted in yellow here.
On my end it does say "Pending Approval" though. So, that may take a day or so.[quoted image][quoted image]

Still nothing.

#2602 3 years ago

If anyone is interested in a data east soundboard with the LAH roms in it, let me know, just placed the pinsound order

#2603 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

If anyone is interested in a data east soundboard with the LAH roms in it, let me know, just placed the pinsound order

Don‘t sell it separately! If you ever want to sell your whole pin in the future, you‘ll fetch a better price when you can provide all the original matching boards.

#2604 3 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Don‘t sell it separately! If you ever want to sell your whole pin in the future, you‘ll fetch a better price when you can provide all the original matching boards.

LAH is a grail pin for my wife, so unless we get divorced (and its hers so she would keep it most likely in the divorce) it ain't going nowhere.

#2605 3 years ago

Any tips for adjusting the launcher coil. I may be over thinking it but put new sleeve on and it seems like consistently I hit the “r” on launch, someone tell me this is normal and I’m overthinking it

#2606 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Any tips for adjusting the launcher coil. I may be over thinking it but put new sleeve on and it seems like consistently I hit the “r” on launch, someone tell me this is normal and I’m overthinking it

Mine used to always hit the "N" or "E" drop targets consistently... I don't believe there's a way you can set the power in the settings.

#2607 3 years ago

Mine always goes for the N-E range. If you know where it tends to hit then you know when to launch for that skill shot - so it shouldn't be an issue.

#2608 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Mine always goes for the N-E range.

Same.

#2609 3 years ago

Same

#2610 3 years ago

Mine seems weak. Guess I’ll order a coil lol

#2611 3 years ago

Joined the club last weekend. Put some LEDs in it already and upgraded the ROMs. Need to do nvram but the batteries were already relocated.

Need to fix me pop bumper, otherwise everything works well.

ColorDMD soon.

619245A0-FF14-42F3-9623-A8F3F46D2A5E (resized).jpeg619245A0-FF14-42F3-9623-A8F3F46D2A5E (resized).jpeg
#2612 3 years ago

So calling all pinsound plus users. I'm not able to adjust volume real well. I got the pinsound plus and the power booster, but not the head phone station. Cant adjust volume low, only high, so the imagine if the master volume control is in the middle, going down do es s nothing, going up makes it louder. Cannot get it at the right level when the kids are in bed. Any fixes or help is appreciated

#2613 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

So calling all pinsound plus users. I'm not able to adjust volume real well. I got the pinsound plus and the power booster, but not the head phone station. Cant adjust volume low, only high, so the imagine if the master volume control is in the middle, going down do es s nothing, going up makes it louder. Cannot get it at the right level when the kids are in bed. Any fixes or help is appreciated

Have you tried adjust the volume pot inside the cabinet? If I remember correctly, when setting up my board(original pinsound), I had to turn the volume pot inside the cabinet all the way to the right(max volume). From here I set the pots on the pinsound board itself and I can turn the cabinet volume pot down if I want it quieter.

#2614 3 years ago

Only solution I’ve found is to turn down the sub booster

#2615 3 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

Have you tried adjust the volume pot inside the cabinet? If I remember correctly, when setting up my board(original pinsound), I had to turn the volume pot inside the cabinet all the way to the right(max volume). From here I set the pots on the pinsound board itself and I can turn the cabinet volume pot down if I want it quieter.

Yes I'm refering to the pot in the cabinet. No master volumenon pinsound plus just the cabinet one.

1 week later
#2616 3 years ago

Just joined the last action hero owners club, and having a blast with this game! It is my first machine, so already learning a ton. Regarding the game rom version, does this indicate I am running the newest custom version of the ROM? (Pardon the pin Stadium attract lighting, I promise the game isn’t blue)

8BAC4A4D-1C95-4201-8165-D789DBF9A3EB (resized).jpeg8BAC4A4D-1C95-4201-8165-D789DBF9A3EB (resized).jpeg

#2617 3 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

Just joined the last action hero owners club, and having a blast with this game! It is my first machine, so already learning a ton. Regarding the game rom version, does this indicate I am running the newest custom version of the ROM? (Pardon the pin Stadium attract lighting, I promise the game isn’t blue)
[quoted image]

Yes that is the latest code

#2618 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Congratulations, you have done well for a first pin!

One of DE finest efforts IMHO.

#2619 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Congratulations, you have done well for a first pin!
One of DE finest efforts IMHO.

Thanks! While I've been a location player for many years, it's an amazing feeling to be playing my own game. I had played LAH on location, and recall enjoying the gameplay. It popped up locally for $2k, and I knew it was meant to be! The endorphin rush from my first 6-ball multiball was something else. As far as condition, this is definitely a players machine (6-7/10). Here's the to-do list for reference.

Already done:
* New Balls
* Playfield cleaned and waxed
* Pinstadium light kit
* New custom rom (came this way)

Next steps:
* Install Cliffy Protectors over worn scoops
* Install replacement DMD (current screen has a vertical line, but bright). Paid $100 for used DMD
* Purchase new rubbers and pingulp!
* Consider replacing some broken plastics

#2620 3 years ago

Thanks! While I've been a location player for many years, it's an amazing feeling to be playing my own game. I had played LAH on location, and recall enjoying the gameplay. It popped up locally for $2k, and I knew it was meant to be! The endorphin rush from my first 6-ball multiball was something else. As far as condition, this is definitely a players machine (6-7/10). Here's the to-do list for reference.
Already done:
* New Balls
* Pinstadium light kit
Next steps:
* Install replacement DMD (current screen has a vertical line, but bright). Paid $100 for used DMD

The best thing on earth you can do to this machine is get a pinsound card its incredible, also consider a colordmd if feasible

#2621 3 years ago

Cliffys are a must for protection, but it will turn your easy shooting mode start hole into a much harder, laser accurate shooting affair. And it's better for it.

#2622 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

The best thing on earth you can do to this machine is get a pinsound card its incredible, also consider a colordmd if feasible

Absolutely! Get both ColorDMD and PinSound+ (don't forget the DataEast Power Booster), and also update the speakers. I also recommend the HeadPhoens Station.

#2623 3 years ago

Already done:
* New Balls
* Pinstadium light kit
Next steps:

As stated many times in this thread. Check your fuse clips. If the game is fully working you may be okay - for now. But just keep that in mind down the road if/when you start seeing intermittent issues. As stated by others you may want to invest in a pinsound for the game. It really changes the game for the better. Here is a video to show you:

#2624 3 years ago

Have you released your latest update yet?

#2625 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

As stated many times in this thread. Check your fuse clips. If the game is fully working you may be okay - for now. But just keep that in mind down the road if/when you start seeing intermittent issues. As stated by others you may want to invest in a pinsound for the game. It really changes the game for the better. Here is a video to show you:

Wow, that sound package is amazing. I'll need to make a decision on how far to go with this game after logging some more plays. If another $400 makes it a long-term keeper then it's no brainer.

#2626 3 years ago

Wow, that sound package is amazing. I'll need to make a decision on how far to go with this game after logging some more plays. If another $400 makes it a long-term keeper then it's no brainer.

Totally worth it!

#2627 3 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Totally worth it!

I also agree its worth it.

The Getaway needs a Mix from the Capn in the worst way!!

#2628 3 years ago

Bought a LAH last night and bringing it in the house later today.

Oooof, $400 for a Pinsound? I enjoy customizing my Stern games with Pinball Browser (added videos to Aerosmith; custom music for Mustang; Ghostbusters; Metallica; Star Trek Pro), but that's a $20 expense.

That mix above, the AC/DC "Dynamite" callout, seems to be too intrusive, interrupts the songs and plays way too often during gameplay. I get the idea, but doesn't work for me.

#2629 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Bought a LAH last night and bringing it in the house later today.
Oooof, $400 for a Pinsound? I enjoy customizing my Stern games with Pinball Browser (added videos to Aerosmith; custom music for Mustang; Ghostbusters; Metallica; Star Trek Pro), but that's a $20 expense.
That mix above, the AC/DC "Dynamite" callout, seems to be too intrusive, interrupts the songs and plays way too often during gameplay. I get the idea, but doesn't work for me.

To each their own I guess.

I don't know if you have Cliffys on your game but they make that scoop alot tougher to hit. I can't hit the scoop reliably enough that the Dynamite callout is heard too much...

#2630 3 years ago
Quoted from smailskid:

To each their own I guess.
I don't know if you have Cliffys on your game but they make that scoop alot tougher to hit. I can't hit the scoop reliably enough that the Dynamite callout is heard too much...

No Cliffys installed and likely will not install them even though there is some scoop wear. I typically do not like the negative affect Cliffys have on making scoop shots.

#2631 3 years ago

Version 1.05 ROM was installed, so I burned 1.12 and 1.13 chips tonight. Will play on 1.12 for a few days and then install the 1.13 chip. In cases like this I prefer to play a bit on the original code before installing custom code. Otherwise I can’t appreciate the changes made since I wouldn’t know any better.

All 3 magnet fuses were blown and I replaced them. The magnet action is so cool! Shaker board was missing a fuse and now it really comes to life when the crane is moving. Was barely rumbling with one of the three fuses missing.

Removed the cool white LEDs from the back box and replaced with incandescent, so now Arnold has normal skin tones instead of looking as if he was in 7-11 under fluorescent lights.

#2632 3 years ago

Anyone done pin2dmd for Last Action Hero? I'm thinking of picking a pin2dmd but no mention of anyone having done one here.

2 weeks later
#2633 3 years ago

Looking for advise on my LAH. Suddenly the game is not recognizing when a ball goes into either hole. No score or action is taken and the game just sits there. Then it gives through the lost/stuck ball routine and fires off all of the coils and such. It ejects the ball and the game continues.
I activated multiball with the smart missile and balls just kept going in the 2 holes but it never ejected a ball. I got 5 balls in their as the remaining bell drained. It ejected a ball on ball search and eventually multiball ended.
I am relatively new to repair and would appreciate any advise. I am assuming a sensor of some sort is acting up as its not recognizing when a ball goes in either hole.
Any advise would be appreciated!
Thank you!

20201025_133414 (resized).jpg20201025_133414 (resized).jpg20201025_133601 (resized).jpg20201025_133601 (resized).jpg20201025_133951 (resized).jpg20201025_133951 (resized).jpg
#2634 3 years ago

Those switches take a pounding. Go into diagnostic test mode and test them. I had to adjust the switch inside the trough because the ball was not triggering in when going in the right scoop.

#2635 3 years ago

I completed a flipper rebuild today, and was very pleased with the strong/snappy performance. I used a rebuild kit from Pinball life that included new EOS switches. However because I did not have my soldering iron today, I skipped replacing those. After a few games, the right flipper went completely dead. Left flipper still works perfectly. I’m hoping that replacing the old EOS switch gets me back to flipping!

#2636 3 years ago

I completed a flipper rebuild today, and was very pleased with the strong/snappy performance. I used a rebuild kit from Pinball life that included new EOS switches. However because I did not have my soldering iron today, I skipped replacing those. After a few games, the right flipper went completely dead. Left flipper still works perfectly. I’m hoping that replacing the old EOS switch gets me back to flipping!

I had a similar experience but was able to adjust the old eos switch to resolve. Took a little bit of bending and positioning.

#2637 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Anyone done pin2dmd for Last Action Hero? I'm thinking of picking a pin2dmd but no mention of anyone having done one here.

debating this as well.

Looks like someone is working on a colorization on the vpuniverse forum, but that's all I've seen.

#2638 3 years ago

Get the ColorDMD and save yourself a ton of trouble.

#2639 3 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

debating this as well.
Looks like someone is working on a colorization on the vpuniverse forum, but that's all I've seen.

I am having a Pin2DMD installed tomorrow and will let you know what it looks like once it is up and running.

#2640 3 years ago

My fingers are sore from prying off old rubbers, but have to say I’m digging the blue/yellow combination from Titan. Got about 90% swapped but some of those bastards are hard to get to. Looking at you Tar Pit!

8747416E-19FA-4F8F-9D1F-5368AFFD7FD0 (resized).jpeg8747416E-19FA-4F8F-9D1F-5368AFFD7FD0 (resized).jpegB3DCE80A-F310-4E2B-89DA-24F24DDF8A05 (resized).jpegB3DCE80A-F310-4E2B-89DA-24F24DDF8A05 (resized).jpegED5FCCCF-2555-4172-BC90-D34B9BB13A22 (resized).jpegED5FCCCF-2555-4172-BC90-D34B9BB13A22 (resized).jpeg
#2641 3 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

debating this as well.

I now have my Pin2DMD installed and it is well worth the upgrade. I highly recommend installing one.

#2642 3 years ago
Quoted from martymart:

I now have my Pin2DMD installed and it is well worth the upgrade. I highly recommend installing one.

Please tell me more about this mod. Is it a cheaper alternative to a colorDMD? How difficult is setup/installation?

#2643 3 years ago

Please tell me more about this mod. Is it a cheaper alternative to a colorDMD? How difficult is setup/installation?

https://pin2dmd.com/

#2644 3 years ago

My fingers are sore from prying off old rubbers, but have to say I’m digging the blue/yellow combination from Titan. Got about 90% swapped but some of those bastards are hard to get to. Looking at you Tar Pit!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. Now you need MR_TANTRUM's sticker for the clear plastic in the first photo.

#2645 3 years ago

Pin2dmd installed - sorry for the one handed pictures

4BBECC34-4525-4211-ADD1-D8A8D007390F (resized).jpeg4BBECC34-4525-4211-ADD1-D8A8D007390F (resized).jpeg8B12A606-553D-4010-892F-5669526EA420 (resized).jpeg8B12A606-553D-4010-892F-5669526EA420 (resized).jpegB42EC5A3-A16F-40BB-9A00-964E5350DE23 (resized).jpegB42EC5A3-A16F-40BB-9A00-964E5350DE23 (resized).jpeg
#2646 3 years ago

I reviewed the parts/instructions on the website, and it seems like a pretty involved build. I would be more likely to pony up the extra funds for a color DMD I believe. Other than cost, are there any other benefits over a more traditional colorDMD?

#2647 3 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Pin2dmd installed - sorry for the one handed pictures
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this the work in progress colonization or different one?

#2648 3 years ago

There are lots of people putting the kits together - including the software donation the cost is still around half of a colour dmd. For some games the cost of colour dmd is hard to justify. I use both just depends on the game.

#2649 3 years ago

Not sure on the version I grabbed the dmd from greg at flippertech here locally - I will have to research. That is one trade off of the pin2 platform sometimes the colouring is a work in progress

#2650 3 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Not sure on the version I grabbed the dmd from greg at flippertech here locally - I will have to research. That is one trade off of the pin2 platform sometimes the colouring is a work in progress

Ok I figured Greg had set you up.

My ideas was to get one for LAH but my Maverick display was acting up so I had to pony up for a 192x64 version.

Did you put much time on the game since installing? Notice a lot uncoloured scenes?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
There are 3,506 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/53?hl=iwasthebruce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.