20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 71.
#2551 3 years ago

Starting to look like something.

20200801_215145 (resized).jpg20200801_215145 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2552 3 years ago

Awesome, came out great! Work on crane this week.

20200809_192449 (resized).jpg20200809_192449 (resized).jpg
#2553 3 years ago

Glued the decals and cards on apron, looking good!

20200810_174751 (resized).jpg20200810_174751 (resized).jpg
#2554 3 years ago

I have a brand new, unopened color DMD I'm looking to sell for this game. PM me if you are interested.

1531497614.1280.1280 (resized).png1531497614.1280.1280 (resized).png
Added over 4 years ago:

SOLD!

#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from jordan:It may be the problem . I will check it the soonest i receive the roms.
My main concern is that i have no audit /adjastments. I can only get into diagnostic which doesn't also works as it should.
The soonest i have the results i will make a post.
Have a nice weekend.

Hi again .
My problem still exist although i have just changed roms with new ones (Game ,display, sound ).
When i start the game i have the Version display,then the Open the Door and then nothing.
I can add credits and the game seems to play but without display and sound.
I have done everything i can the last 5 years and still nothing. Pia's seemed to work well when using a leon's test eprom in my workbench.
Does someone has any suggestion to start again searching for?

#2556 3 years ago
Quoted from jordan:

Hi again .
My problem still exist although i have just changed roms with new ones (Game ,display, sound ).
When i start the game i have the Version display,then the Open the Door and then nothing.
I can add credits and the game seems to play but without display and sound.
I have done everything i can the last 5 years and still nothing. Pia's seemed to work well when using a leon's test eprom in my workbench.
Does someone has any suggestion to start again searching for?

I'm curious of the condition of your power supply. Do you know if you are getting the correct voltages to your DMD and sound board? DE games NEED 12v for the sound to work.

#2557 3 years ago

LAH 4.2 COLOR ROM UPDATE!

Craig Aker was kind enough to make some updates to the color ROM he developed for Last Action Hero. Thanks Craig!

The color ROM is now available for download on our firmware SUPPORT page!

Here's a list of changes included in the update:
• Fixed coloring of Tilt Warning during World Premiere
• Added coloring for "Extra Ball At" during game play and attract mode
• Improved coloring of Benedict's hair during "Find Benedict" Mode
• Added coloring for automatic "Replay Adjust" when coin door is opened
• Fixed coloring if super spinner is activated during red eye mode
• Fixed left border coloring error on Press Start animation
• improved coloring of Arnold's hair during "Come Back Later"
• Improved coloring of Lt. Dekker during spinner and super spinner hits
• Improved coloring of Arnold's hair during "Game Over"
• Improved coloring of Arnold's hair during "Double Bonus"

LAH_RedEye (resized).PNGLAH_RedEye (resized).PNG
#2558 3 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

LAH 4.2 COLOR ROM UPDATE!
Craig Aker was kind enough to make some updates to the color ROM he developed for Last Action Hero. Thanks Craig!
The color ROM is now available for download on our firmware SUPPORT page!
Here's a list of changes included in the update:
• Fixed coloring of Tilt Warning during World Premiere
• Added coloring for "Extra Ball At" during game play and attract mode
• Improved coloring of Benedict's hair during "Find Benedict" Mode
• Added coloring for automatic "Replay Adjust" when coin door is opened
• Fixed coloring if super spinner is activated during red eye mode
• Fixed left border coloring error on Press Start animation
• improved coloring of Arnold's hair during "Come Back Later"
• Improved coloring of Lt. Dekker during spinner and super spinner hits
• Improved coloring of Arnold's hair during "Game Over"
• Improved coloring of Arnold's hair during "Double Bonus"
[quoted image]

Just installed! Looks great!!

#2559 3 years ago

I'm happy to see that you continue to update the firmware for older games. Thanks, ColorDMD!

#2560 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I'm curious of the condition of your power supply. Do you know if you are getting the correct voltages to your DMD and sound board? DE games NEED 12v for the sound to work.

Yes ,indeed. 12 Volt is ok on both DMD and Sound board.
It is weird to have a working display at the beggining and then even when in play, have nothing except a random Command 80 that appears in Display.
It is very annoying having a game in great condition but not in operation for years.
I have no other idea of what to do.

#2561 3 years ago
Quoted from jordan:

Yes ,indeed. 12 Volt is ok on both DMD and Sound board.
It is weird to have a working display at the beggining and then even when in play, have nothing except a random Command 80 that appears in Display.
It is very annoying having a game in great condition but not in operation for years.
I have no other idea of what to do.

I would honestly bust out the meter and start checking EVERYTHING. There’s an issue somewhere likely with a connection or a board check all your flows one board at a time.

#2562 3 years ago

I recently bought a pretty dirty lah that I'm getting into shape! It's missing the post that supports the front of the clear ramp by the diverter. Is there any way someone could measure it for me or link to where I can buy it? Also, will Lw3 style flasher domes fit on this machine. Blue one is cracked and cant seem to find one. I have attached a picture of the post I need. Also a couple before and after pictures so far!

20200820_215149 (resized).jpg20200820_215149 (resized).jpg20200816_223548 (resized).jpg20200816_223548 (resized).jpg20200818_181040 (resized).jpg20200818_181040 (resized).jpg20200819_205018 (resized).jpg20200819_205018 (resized).jpg
#2563 3 years ago
Quoted from Nelsonford218:

I recently bought a pretty dirty lah that I'm getting into shape! It's missing the post that supports the front of the clear ramp by the diverter. Is there any way someone could measure it for me or link to where I can buy it? Also, will Lw3 style flasher domes fit on this machine. Blue one is cracked and cant seem to find one. I have attached a picture of the post I need. Also a couple before and after pictures so far!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-hex-spacers-1-1-78-6-32-thread-femalefemale.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/machine-poststud-530-5012-02.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-1-metal-post-with-groove.html

20200821_080935 (resized).jpg20200821_080935 (resized).jpg20200821_082411 (resized).jpg20200821_082411 (resized).jpg20200821_082947 (resized).jpg20200821_082947 (resized).jpg

#2564 3 years ago

Unfortunately, those domes are unobtainium. But Scoot did a really nice job outlining the other stuff. FYI - the LAH ramp will likely by reproed by Jody at RampOMatic at some point.

#2565 3 years ago

Also, will Lw3 style flasher domes fit on this machine.

The generic flasher domes from PBR will fit.

#2566 3 years ago

Wow, thanks so much! Exactly what I need! First game I've bought that wasnt playable! As fun as it is getting it looking good again, I'm ready to play it!

#2567 3 years ago

This is only my second machine and I just bought my first 6 months ago, so still pretty new to this! Can anyone tell me if they have 2 yellow wires going to pin 3 on the cn8 connector on the power supply board? Seems like it wouldn't be done from the factory and the connector has obviously been replaced poorly!
Also cn1 grey and white ground has been snipped and grounded to the power supply board.
On the ppb board wht/violet wire at pin 9 on the j5 connector has been grounded out too.
Were these likely done because of messed up pins?
Thanks in advance for any help!

20200818_184200 (resized).jpg20200818_184200 (resized).jpg20200826_172517 (resized).jpg20200826_172517 (resized).jpg20200826_174003 (resized).jpg20200826_174003 (resized).jpg
#2568 3 years ago

This is only my second machine and I just bought my first 6 months ago, so still pretty new to this! Can anyone tell me if they have 2 yellow wires going to pin 3 on the cn8 connector on the power supply board? Seems like it wouldn't be done from the factory and the connector has obviously been replaced poorly!
Also cn1 grey and white ground has been snipped and grounded to the power supply board.
On the ppb board wht/violet wire at pin 9 on the j5 connector has been grounded out too.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Check the manual for exact wiring, if no luck I’ll send you some pics tomorrow when home.

#2569 3 years ago

Look at post #2383 in this topic for a good picture of the board. You’ll see your yellow wires.

#2570 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Check the manual for exact wiring, if no luck I’ll send you some pics tomorrow when home.

Dimthedaylight, thank you!
Zahner, thank you! I see what's been done. Wire was passed through the old connector and they replaced with a different style. Atleast I can confirm it's right when I change it out!

#2571 3 years ago

Just put on DE chrome overlay from Mr_Tantrum. Had lots of missing chrome. Looks great.

I also have Mr_Tantrum's chicken plastic and the blank plastic decal. Thanks Chris.

20200827_152141 (resized).jpg20200827_152141 (resized).jpg20200827_152150 (resized).jpg20200827_152150 (resized).jpg20200827_152133 (resized).jpg20200827_152133 (resized).jpg
#2572 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Just put on DE chrome overlay from Mr_Tantrum. Had lots of missing chrome. Looks great.
I also have Mr_Tantrum's chicken plastic and the blank plastic decal. Thanks Chris.

Looks nice! How can I get these?!

#2573 3 years ago

Looks nice! How can I get these?!

Send a PM to Mr_Tantrum. I got mine in a few days.

#2574 3 years ago

Does anyone have translight image file as I would like to print a replacement for my LAH machine.

#2575 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

By overlay do you mean like mirror blades, I'm having trouble seeing what's chrome. Would like a good set of blades for mine.

#2576 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

By overlay do you mean like mirror blades, I'm having trouble seeing what's chrome. Would like a good set of blades for mine.

I have mirror blades in my LAH. They came out of my Stern LOTR. They fit.

The chrome overlay is on top of the DE logo in the center of the bottom apron. Bottom photo. My chrome was peeling off.

#2577 3 years ago

Ok everyone. Finaly decided that I'm going to pull the trigger on getting Pinsound for my LAH. Looking for advice on what exactly I will need to make this thing rock! It looks like ( if I'm seeing it correctly ) there are a few Data East items I may need to add to make everything work. Can anyone with this sound system let me know what exactly what you purchased to make it work?
Note - I have already upgraded all the speakers from the factory to new, including an external Polk Audio sub.

Thanks for you help!

#2578 3 years ago
Quoted from Dirtbike:

Ok everyone. Finaly decided that I'm going to pull the trigger on getting Pinsound for my LAH. Looking for advice on what exactly I will need to make this thing rock! It looks like ( if I'm seeing it correctly ) there are a few Data East items I may need to add to make everything work. Can anyone with this sound system let me know what exactly what you purchased to make it work?
Note - I have already upgraded all the speakers from the factory to new, including an external Polk Audio sub.
Thanks for you help!

You will want to get the Data East Power Booster with your pinsound kit. If you don't, the sound will cut out. Also having the headphone station is nice since it can adjust the volume on the fly and also change music packages if you have more than one in memory.

#2579 3 years ago
Quoted from Dirtbike:

Thanks for you help!

In my Tommy I put in a pinsound board and then added PinWoofer speakers and amps. I love that set up. So, if you end up loving the ability to enhance the score but find the depth of sound a bit lacking with just the pinsound, as I did, then consider adding a PinWoofer set up. For me it was night and day and worth the small investment.

#2580 3 years ago
Quoted from Dirtbike:

Thanks for you help!

Just did this recently, def get the power booster. And use TheCapn mix. As far as speakers/sub I have the stock in currently and they sound good for my taste

#2581 3 years ago

Thanks guys for all the advice! Just placed the order for the Pinsound plus board, power booster and headphone jack station. I like the idea of being able to control the volume easily from the jack station. Can't wait to get the captain mix downloaded!

Thanks again!

#2582 3 years ago
Quoted from Dirtbike:

Thanks guys for all the advice! Just placed the order for the Pinsound plus board, power booster and headphone jack station. I like the idea of being able to control the volume easily from the jack station. Can't wait to get the captain mix downloaded!
Thanks again!

Great decision. You’ll love this thing. It is really cool.

#2583 3 years ago

Just did this recently, def get the power booster. And use thecapn mix. As far as speakers/sub I have the stock in currently and they sound good for my taste

That's exactly the way to go. I'd also recommend the Headphones Station, because you can alter the level on-the-fly. Very handy, because you'll be tempted to crank it up with the Capn mix blaring!!!

You can always consider swapping the speakers later, definitely an additional improvement. And yes, you ABSOLUTELY need the power booster.

#2584 3 years ago

Any advice for installing data east mirror blades. They are coming from coin taker, and in not really seeing any instructional videos for data east online. Nothing except they dont have holes? Just trying to figure out how they would attach

#2585 3 years ago

Hey yall, thinking I'm about to pull the trigger on a pinsound, can anyone tell me if I would experience any issues due to the fact I'm using the unofficial 1.13 rom instead of 1.12, I love the 1 13 but I know it did adress how some sounds are played. Really just trying to figure out all i need to do to have it work without a headache. Gonna be ordering the power booster off the bat aswell.

#2586 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Hey yall, thinking I'm about to pull the trigger on a pinsound, can anyone tell me if I would experience any issues due to the fact I'm using the unofficial 1.13 rom instead of 1.12, I love the 1 13 but I know it did adress how some sounds are played. Really just trying to figure out all i need to do to have it work without a headache. Gonna be ordering the power booster off the bat aswell.

Works great I have it installed with 1.13 and it’s the best addition to the machine. Grab TheCapn mix and enjoy

#2587 3 years ago

Definitely need the PowerBooster!

also, I‘d recommend adding the headphones station for easy adjustment of the overall level.

#2588 3 years ago

My pinsound mix v1.20 is now available on the community page for pinsound, guys (Previously only available through me via download link). Or so I think it is. I haven't uploaded to them in two years - so I don't know for sure it is visible to everyone yet. I would like someone to see if it's downloadable and working correctly for others.

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/249-last-action-hero-v100-capn-mix/

Once I know that this is working I can then get you guys the "1.25" version that is on my game right now. Thanks, everyone.

#2589 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

My pinsound mix v1.20 is now available on the community page for pinsound, guys (Previously only available through me via download link). Or so I think it is. I haven't uploaded to them in two years - so I don't know for sure it is visible to everyone yet. I would like someone to see if it's downloadable and working correctly for others.
http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/249-last-action-hero-v100-capn-mix/
Once I know that this is working I can then get you guys the "1.25" version that is on my game right now. Thanks, everyone.

Does not work for me. Don’t see any of your mixes under the game either.

#2590 3 years ago

Does not work for me. Don’t see any of your mixes under the game either.

I tried signing up 5 times and gave up. Entered all the fields, do the security capcha and then it kicks right back as a fail.

Maybe the site is having a bad day, will try later.

#2591 3 years ago

If you aren't logged into their site - you wont have access to downloads.

This link should take you to LAH mixes page: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/68-last-action-hero/

Mine should be at the bottom. Click on it and then you should see the next page with the 1.20 at the bottom. I have it highlighted in yellow here.

On my end it does say "Pending Approval" though. So, that may take a day or so.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2592 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

It would not let me setup an account.

#2593 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

This link should take you to LAH mixes page: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/68-last-action-hero/
Mine should be at the bottom. Click on it and then you should see the next page with the 1.20 at the bottom. I have it highlighted in yellow here.
On my end it does say "Pending Approval" though. So, that may take a day or so.[quoted image][quoted image]

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 7.05.23 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-07 at 7.05.23 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-07 at 7.07.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-07 at 7.07.24 PM (resized).png
#2594 3 years ago

I find the post when I click your profile but when you click it there is an error

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 8.24.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-07 at 8.24.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-07 at 8.25.30 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-07 at 8.25.30 PM (resized).png
#2595 3 years ago

If anyone already has the v1.20 version please let me know, maybe I could get someone to send it to me? Thanks

#2596 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

If anyone already has the v1.20 version please let me know, maybe I could get someone to send it to me? Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/30#post-4506774

#2597 3 years ago

The chances is are that since I updated the file to the newer version it has to go through the approval process, and I don't know how long that is going to take.

#2598 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

The chances is are that since I updated the file to the newer version it has to go through the approval process, and I don't know how long that is going to take.

PUMPED FOR THIS, any notable changes that were made that you remember?

#2599 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

OK, I'm finally setup with an account.

#2600 3 years ago

1.00 - 1.20 is a big difference. Whereas 1.20 -1.25 (unreleased) is very mild. I changed the post multiball track to something better and did some more tweaks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.